House footwear habits and etiquette

Being familiar with the oeuvre of Quentin Tarantino, I knew foot perverts were a thing, but I'd no idea that footphobia was until reading this thread.

Thanks for the warning that answering the door with scuddy feet gives away that I'm about to do terrible things to my visitors. Won't make that mistake again.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Being familiar with the oeuvre of Quentin Tarantino, I knew foot perverts were a thing, but I'd no idea that footphobia was until reading this thread.

Thanks for the warning that answering the door with scuddy feet gives away that I'm about to do terrible things to my visitors. Won't make that mistake again.

Just you concentrate on making sure you're fully clothed answering the door before you start bringing footwear into it

4 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Just you concentrate on making sure you're fully clothed answering the door before you start bringing footwear into it

I'm absolutely going to end up being that auld boy who gets picked up for trying to do the shopping wearing nothing but shoes and socks. Probably put on in that order too.

On 11/09/2024 at 09:38, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Calm doon, Pistorius.

Anyway, folk walking about in bare feet or socks are OFTW.

Slippers all the way. Homey's preferably.

Homeys FTW

17261472504931425246232698706714.jpg

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

I respect your decision, but personally prefer to avoid the odour associated with my feet rotting off. I did ask the doc if I could lop them off and get some of those cool, springy carbon fibre “blades”, but they want a fortune for them! Blooming insurance.

I don't have gangrene or Crocs - winning all round!

Socks are too restrictive on my circulation due to having extremely masculine large calfs.

Off as soon as i get in unless i'm going out again to be replaced by flip flops in summer or the cheapest deadliest shote slippers from matalan or primark that i regularly get as "presents". 

If I'm going out again i'll just keep my shoes on so as to not expend unnecessary effort. 

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't hate it - zebra wood pattern maybe? 

The footwear, on the other hand...

Honestly, they totally changed my mind about slippers. I used to wear trainers round the house, but now as soon as I'm in, I slip into these bad boys. 

They really are so comfortable, keep my toes warm and head off any Lego related injuries

Just now, Peil said:

Honestly, they totally changed my mind about slippers. I used to wear trainers round the house, but now as soon as I'm in, I slip into these bad boys. 

They really are so comfortable, keep my toes warm and head off any Lego related injuries

Where I am we go barefoot in the hoose - slippers are what folk where when they go out semi-well dressed!   Saying that my young lad bought a pair of similar to yours slippers from Uniqlo - comfortable AF but my god did my feet stink.  The wife has banned both of us from wearing them so it's back to Lego related injuries for us.