🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline⚫️⚪️ - 21st September 2024

Result  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Home win
    • Away Win
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/24 at 14:00

Do we even know If time elapsed when the corner occurred?  is it not possible the ref had already extended the time added to allow the attack to finish? can't just keep adding time cos it would benefit a team.    Corners are also a really poor chance of scoring,  its not like the refs has blown up when a team is running through 2 on 1 on the keeper.

20 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Again,like this arguement,it's going to interpreted differently by Refs who on the main(and certainly in my mind from the point of fairness)keep the play going till infringement has been penalised and time played out normally.

I can see how you could argue that when a free kick is awarded. However putting the ball out of play is not in any way an infringement. It’s a legal part of the game, for which restart is a throw-in, corner or goal kick. 

5 hours ago, The Kebab Pie said:

There's a real issue I think with refereeing in this country just now, all the top refs are basically involved with the premiership games, be it on the field or in the VAR room, meaning a lot of guys getting fast tracked up the leagues. The standard of the refereeing we've seen at our level has been abysmal. Although, I dont think we can give Mr. Anderson the courtesy of labelling him as "fast tracked" he'e been about for a while. He's just a rotten referee.

Having watched football since the late 80's, I genuinely believe we are at the lowest point with the standard. Watched football at various levels over the years, it really is incompetence throughout, and these lads are having to be rushed through. There's no consequence for them when they make a mistake. I was chatting to a grassroots Ref in the summer and he was telling me that the SFA have lost around 47 Refs across Central Scotland this year alone so are asking everyone to recruit and to keep up their CBD's etc etc and have told all grassroots leagues to clamp down on behavior towards Refs. So the people they have from grassroots to Grade 1 are being fast tracked intentionally or unintentionally, because the the demand throughout.

For as poor as the lad was yesterday, and he was poor, I didn't and still don't get the reaction at Half Time. I thought it was brought on by frustration as Partick were obviously robbed of a chance to get the ball into the box, but when time is up, time is up.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Do we even know If time elapsed when the corner occurred?  is it not possible the ref had already extended the time added to allow the attack to finish? can't just keep adding time cos it would benefit a team.    Corners are also a really poor chance of scoring,  its not like the refs has blown up when a team is running through 2 on 1 on the keeper.

Whistle went at exactly 3.50pm.

There should have absolutely been more than 5mins added time.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Time added on, and appropriate time to blow the whistle once that time has elapsed are two separate decisions

True. Point being from me there was that the whistle went too early in any case.

It doesn't really matter anyway, I was more surprised at the time that he ended the game early considering there were several stretches of players being down etc. The concussion protocol alone with the two players must have been 5mins.

Absolutely awful game of football. One of the worst I can remember in a long, long time. Partick better team in first half but even then I was surprised at how poor they were - had them down as challengers this year and can't work out where they've gone wrong. Megwa the only player on the pitch that showed genuine ability.

As for Pars, went along hoping to underline that we might have turned a corner only to find Mehmet in for Tobi, and the tone had been set. Mehmet didn't really do much wrong until the goal IMO but his presence alone is doing nothing for anyone's confidence. Across the entire team, there's a real lack of composure - noone willing to put their foot on the ball and take control of possession. Nervy passes, poor headers, misplaced passes, trying to float passes into space (which are easy to defend). Could barely string two passes together - dreadful.

The injuries to Fogarty and Wotherspoon certainly didn't help (two of our better performers last week) but Matty Todd who hasn't played in a couple of months, looked like our most attacking threat for most of the game. Chris Kane spent most of the game deep, with back to goal, throwing himself to ground to buy possession, while KRH and McCann huffed and puffed with no real quality. Some of the young boys did well but their lack of experience and confidence at this level is contributing to a lack of composure and leadership on the park.

I don't think he's got it in him, but McPake needs to find a consistent attacking setup urgently. Worked against Rovers last week but absolutely nowhere to be seen this week. McCann and KRH blowing how and cold each week, and Kane having to live off scraps - it's just absolute garbage. I don't think he gets sacked until we're cut adrift or new owners are found, so not expecting any management changes soon.

Only positive I can find is that we have QP, Morton and Airdrie in next three weeks - we have to go try and win all three games. Playing it safe would be completely unacceptable. 

Personally I wasn’t that arsed about the corner at half time thing - well, I was annoyed at the time but stopped caring pretty quickly. I was far more irritated by him giving constant soft fouls which might have been technically correct decisions but just didn’t allow the game any flow whatsoever. The players may have to take some blame in that, but still.

It’s definitely true that you can tell the difference in refs at this level. We got Beaton for a game last season (against Inverness I think) and, for all the criticism he gets, he was f**king light years ahead of the guys we’ve had this season so far. 

28 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Absolutely awful game of football. One of the worst I can remember in a long, long time. Partick better team in first half but even then I was surprised at how poor they were - had them down as challengers this year and can't work out where they've gone wrong. Megwa the only player on the pitch that showed genuine ability.

As for Pars, went along hoping to underline that we might have turned a corner only to find Mehmet in for Tobi, and the tone had been set. Mehmet didn't really do much wrong until the goal IMO but his presence alone is doing nothing for anyone's confidence. Across the entire team, there's a real lack of composure - noone willing to put their foot on the ball and take control of possession. Nervy passes, poor headers, misplaced passes, trying to float passes into space (which are easy to defend). Could barely string two passes together - dreadful.

The injuries to Fogarty and Wotherspoon certainly didn't help (two of our better performers last week) but Matty Todd who hasn't played in a couple of months, looked like our most attacking threat for most of the game. Chris Kane spent most of the game deep, with back to goal, throwing himself to ground to buy possession, while KRH and McCann huffed and puffed with no real quality. Some of the young boys did well but their lack of experience and confidence at this level is contributing to a lack of composure and leadership on the park.

I don't think he's got it in him, but McPake needs to find a consistent attacking setup urgently. Worked against Rovers last week but absolutely nowhere to be seen this week. McCann and KRH blowing how and cold each week, and Kane having to live off scraps - it's just absolute garbage. I don't think he gets sacked until we're cut adrift or new owners are found, so not expecting any management changes soon.

Only positive I can find is that we have QP, Morton and Airdrie in next three weeks - we have to go try and win all three games. Playing it safe would be completely unacceptable. 

I always find it funny when a team gets beat its the "We were poor, but also [insert team name here] are a really poor team". I think from our point of view viewing that game we showed small (very small) flashes of what we can do and a couple of months until hopefully we've got some of our attacking players back in the fold, so certainly more to come us. 

Unfortunately for the pars, I don't see much more coming from them. Came for a draw / sneak a goal. Got f**k all, thanks and do come again.

6 minutes ago, The Kebab Pie said:

I always find it funny when a team gets beat its the "We were poor, but also [insert team name here] are a really poor team". I think from our point of view viewing that game we showed small (very small) flashes of what we can do and a couple of months until hopefully we've got some of our attacking players back in the fold, so certainly more to come us. 

Unfortunately for the pars, I don't see much more coming from them. Came for a draw / sneak a goal. Got f**k all, thanks and do come again.

I have no doubt at all you can, and will, get better. It still doesn't the fact that that was an atrocious game of football. We were brutal, you less so. If you want to pretend otherwise, good for you. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Personally I wasn’t that arsed about the corner at half time thing - well, I was annoyed at the time but stopped caring pretty quickly. I was far more irritated by him giving constant soft fouls which might have been technically correct decisions but just didn’t allow the game any flow whatsoever. The players may have to take some blame in that, but still.

It’s definitely true that you can tell the difference in refs at this level. We got Beaton for a game last season (against Inverness I think) and, for all the criticism he gets, he was f**king light years ahead of the guys we’ve had this season so far. 

Yeah; thinking back to it, its always a problem where refs are dishing out soft free kicks because when you're watching from the stands, there's invariably multiple decisions (for or against you tbf) where you're left scratching your head why free kicks are/aren't given and it causes some agitation.

It's nice from time to time being able to come on here to type out post match thoughts and reflect something like "oh, barely noticed that referee". Sometimes its just griping if you've lost and they've e.g. let teams take the piss with timewasting or something, but if a refereeing performance is notable its usually not for good reasons.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

What I would also add that highlights how god awful the refs have all been this season and last largely. Is that often after games both sets of supporters come on here and both tend to agree how poor a ref was. Normally the team who loses or is on the end of a big decision will tend to be aggrieved naturally. This season though more often than not both sets of fans come on here and rightfully moan about the officiating, which shows just how bad they are when we are all generally in agreement (albeit maybe over different decisions within the game) and even when we win.