Ross County vs St. Johnstone - Sat 21/9/2024

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

I f**king hate Kyle Cameron. Absolutely shite and spends his whole game shouting at the rest of the team for his own shite mistakes. 

Kirk can f**k off. No way should he get the job.

Clarks two free kicks. Superb.

And he's been nowhere near them before now because we've had MacPherson pretending to be Andrea Pirlo every week.

Is this the softest Saints side since we came up? Every time there's a question asked of it you know it will fold. The minute Macpherson gave away that stupid freekirk away you were always worried about defending it. Free header too. 

Saints had twenty minutes or so after the second goal but suppose hard to argue overall County didn't deserve at least a point out of it. Kirk looked better second half and caused problems. Thought Raymond was good again and one of the few first half to try and go past someone and take on responsibility as well as a great challenge on Brown too. Was surprised when he went off when it would have be easier to but Keltjens to right back. 

And 9 minutes? Where the f**k did that come from? 

The reason for the nine minutes was continual injury theatrics in the last 30 minutes of the match. There was a period where we actually played about 1 minute of football with 4 minutes of hanging about. Add on the goals and the subs (6 in total?) the 9 minutes is pretty quickly achieved. We actually ended a bit sharp given the fact another goal was scored and a few fouls.

11 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Is this the softest Saints side since we came up? Every time there's a question asked of it you know it will fold. The minute Macpherson gave away that stupid freekirk away you were always worried about defending it. Free header too. 

Saints had twenty minutes or so after the second goal but suppose hard to argue overall County didn't deserve at least a point out of it. Kirk looked better second half and caused problems. Thought Raymond was good again and one of the few first half to try and go past someone and take on responsibility as well as a great challenge on Brown too. Was surprised when he went off when it would have be easier to but Keltjens to right back. 

And 9 minutes? Where the f**k did that come from? 

Softest side we've had by a long shot.

Kirk might have subbed himself out of the running for the job there. At 3-1 we looked comfortable and then start dicking about. When you are looking to MacPherson and McPake to help see out a game, you know you are in trouble.

None of that back 3 are championship level, never mind premiership. I'm not sure any manager can do much with that defence. Cameron bitching about folk calling out a lack of leadership, but there is the evidence right there. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

15 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I f**king hate Kyle Cameron. Absolutely shite and spends his whole game shouting at the rest of the team for his own shite mistakes. 

I liked him at first but yeah he's getting worse every week. Just so soft at everything.

2 hours ago, Rosscubed said:

I'm going to be bold here and speculate that Akil Wright will get another goal. Genuinely think he's a week-in, week-out threat from corners, esp with Chilvers pinging in nice deliveries.

I'm going to stretch this assertion now and put Akil Wright as one of our top scorers by the end of the season, possibly hitting double figures. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I liked him at first but yeah he's getting worse every week. Just so soft at everything.

Notts County fans felt he was ok at left back but absolutely no use as a left sided centre half in a back 3. Seems pretty accurate apart from the left back bit.

4 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Notts County fans felt he was ok at left back but absolutely no use as a left sided centre half in a back 3. Seems pretty accurate apart from the left back bit.

I can see a new manager letting him go in January, if Notts don't prevent us ending the deal somehow.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's perfect timing with his interview about leadership coming out, and us drawing a 3-1 lead due to poor defensive organisation.

First half we should really have been a few goals ahead, St Johnstone were absolutely awful, but we find ourselves going in at half time at 1-1. Second half from us was really poor, but chuffed to get the last minute equaliser. The strange decision to move Drey Wright to left wing back helped our cause as we started to get some joy down that side. Raymond for St Johnstone was very good so I can only assume he came off injured?

I think the bizarre decision to not have any wingers at the club is going to bite us on the arse. We don’t have the players to come up with a plan B.

Scoring 3 goals and coming away with a draw is where we’re at sadly.

With everything that’s happened this week and our list of players out I’d have taken a draw before the match. First half we were dreadful and really luck to go in level.

But the 2nd and 3rd goals were criminal, just completely free headers. And giving away careless free kicks when you know you are up against it is daft.

We actually could be a reasonable mid-table side if we could defend. But we can’t, we are pathetic at dealing with high balls into the box and give away at least one goal through a stupid mistake every match. It’s not sustainable and is 100% relegation material.

Cameron is not strong enough to be a centre back and agree about the blaming everyone else after his mistakes being a bad characteristic. I’d take the captaincy off him.. maybe Holt a better candidate?  We need to bring in a dominant centre back and a starting goalkeeper or we’re going to give ourselves far too much to do in matches every week.

Enjoyed the three goals we scored, the 3rd looked brilliant. Good to see Clark finding form and thought Kirk came onto a good game in the second half.

Frustrating from County but glad of the draw. Thought we were dominating without being dominant in the first half, despite a few near miss efforts. Second half mostly shite, save for a burst at the end. Definitely agree the lack of wingers is an issue. 

Good rally at the end but it really shouldn't  have come to that. I'm not getting what Chilvers is adding to the team and God alone knows what he was doing in the lead up to conceding the free kick which then saw County go into Keystone Cops mode in setting up the wall. Should have buried the game in the first half but given what happened thereafter it could have been a worse result. Finally,  I know its a low bar but the referee today was incompetence personified- just awful.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The subs we made definitely weakened us, and the move to remove Raymond for Wright at LWB was baffling, unless he was injured.

To be fair, Efete usually gets a nose bleed every time he touches the ball.  I would have thought Wright could get at him too.