Clyde FC vs Elgin City FC - 21/09/2024

I honestly don't even know anymore. These next two games are absolutely key for the season in my opinion - decent results against Elgin and Peterhead and we can (hopefully) crack on but negative results, especially after the recent and very poorly communicated news of board-level goings on, absolutely destroys the remainder of 2024. Assuming McKay and Cuddihy are out I'd probably go with:

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Hamilton - Howie - Robson -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Redfern - Connell - Leitch -

- Allan -

Although there did seem to be a few injuries last week with Connell, Hynes and Grant all in the stands. I think we missed Connell's drive and delivery on Saturday there, and he'd be back in for me if fit. What looked like a reasonably well put together squad in the summer now looks like a team of individuals, miles off it, attempting to play their own game. It absolutely stinks.

Fingers crossed!

I think there's an argument for starting Dunachie alongside Hamilton. I don't really rate him at centre half but we need him in the team at set pieces.

If none of the injured ones return I'm probably along the lines of:

Kinnear

Houston Dunachie Hamilton Robson

Docherty Murdoch Leitch

Rennie Allan Scullion

Clyde were a bit of a bogey team for us last season. Worth noting the two 2-1 losses at New Douglas Park were close encounters while both games at Borough Briggs were fairly comfortable victories for us and on the final day them. 

The mood at the two clubs couldn’t be more different at the moment and while I’m a bit apprehensive (purely with our record against Clyde) we should have enough for three points. Really depends if Clyde are up for it or not.

Teamwise, I’d give McDonald or Leslie the nod ahead of Golding - he struggled on Tuesday and he might benefit from being taken out of the starting XI for now. I’d maybe play Hyde instead of Gallagher too.

Edited by CrispyMelon

I also have a feeling Clyde will come good this weekend. I can't remember us winning many games away to Clyde over the years and playing in two close games the last few days may have an impact. I'd probably pick the same team as Tuesday, that's our strongest just now for me.