Treble Chasing Motherwell vs St Mirren - 28/09/24

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, Motherwell are last folk I'm spitting dummy over.

I'm pissed off at us for again letting a lead slip from a winning position.

I'm pissed off at Fraser for allowing the ref to make a soft but correct decision by stupidly holding at a corner.

I'm pissed off at the referee for some of the most outrageously stupid calls I've seen at a match in a long time. Including the 2nd goal and 2nd yellow. 

I'm pissed off at Robinson suggesting we played well yesterday when we didn't, particularly in the second half and him not changing shape at 11 vs 10 by committing to a more attacking shape, which would have involved one or both of Fraser and Tanser going off to protect that man advantage. In fact aside from the shot handled on the line and the missed penalty, I can't recall another shot on target in the 2nd half for us.

Motherwell played their game well yesterday and got a good 3 points out of it. Nothing to be annoyed at there. 

Aye to be fair I wasn't being entirely serious. Just a wee wind up attempt. 

Didn't think St Mirren played too badly yesterday and, as others have said, the delivery into our box seemed decent all afternoon. A draw would probably have been a fair result but if we still had Liam Kelly in goals that's a game we would probably still have scored 2 in but lost last season. 

Can't disagree on the ref. Thought he was poor but what's new there. 

There's likely 3 top 6 places up for grabs this season with Celtic and Rangers shoe ins and Aberdeen looking most likely to finish 3rd. St Mirren will likely be there or thereabouts and, based on our start, I'd like to hope we will be as well. 

13 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Stephen O' Donnell wants to take a look a himself. Rolling about holding his shin for the second yellow when Tanzer stood on his foot and going down he's been shot after the shoulder challenge for the first yellow. A more savvy ref would have seen both for what they were,  a clear attempt to con the ref into taking action.

Sorry. But SOD nearly didnt make yesterdays game because if a shoulder injury.

Some have suggested Tanser targetted that for the first yellow.

I wouldnt like to suggest he was that dirty.

Edited by joewarkfanclub

11 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Stephen O' Donnell wants to take a look a himself. 

Not having that. Well, not entirely.

Tanser knew fine well what he was doing for the first booking, shoulder barging someone off the ball who'd had to be replaced in the previous game because of a shoulder injury. I don't think there was much feigning there. After that, I'd have been disappointed if he hadn't gone down like he'd been shot on every subsequent contact.

9 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I would say the foul on Tanner by SOD when he ended on the track was far worst than the 2 Tanner was booked for. 

3 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

I would say the foul on Tanner by SOD when he ended on the track was far worst than the 2 Tanner was booked for. 

That will be why SOD was booked 

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

:lol: 

We'd prefer O'Donnell to stay on the pitch, he's hopeless.

30 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

:lol: 

We'd prefer O'Donnell to stay on the pitch, he's hopeless.

He is that hopeless that he won our player of the month award recently 🤷‍♂️.

Have not seen many if any St Mirren posts that are over the top. Quite surprised really. Not because yesterday merited any but just it is expected. FWIW the only contentious decision yesterday was to allow our 2nd goal stand. At the time I thought he handled it. Watching it again it clearly helped him control the ball before getting the shot away. Surprised yet delighted it was allowed to stand.

The second yellow for Tanser looks harsh,  I cannot believe that many are missing the fact his boot ended up on top of SODs foot like a stamp. SODs over reacted but then we have had that happen many times to us over the years to get our players dismissed. 

Had it not gone 10 v 10 then I believe St Mirren would have gone onto win based on the 10 or so minutes when it was 10 v 11.

A great 3 points ahead of another two tough games v Hibs and Dundee. Hibs looked quite decent v the **** today so will be a big ask to get a point or more at Easter Rd. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Not having that. Well, not entirely.

Tanser knew fine well what he was doing for the first booking, shoulder barging someone off the ball who'd had to be replaced in the previous game because of a shoulder injury. I don't think there was much feigning there. After that, I'd have been disappointed if he hadn't gone down like he'd been shot on every subsequent contact.

Tanser knew exactly what he was doing as did SOD.

52 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Have not seen many if any St Mirren posts that are over the top. 

We’re fcuking brilliant against ten men, and as soon as we take the lead in a game, the opposition might as well chuck it and go home, such is our ability to see out the game and pocket the three points. Easy the Mirren.

….there you go. Sorted.

Thank You… copyright Morrisey.

We were certainly on the wrong side of decisions yesterday but we also got away with some against Killie. 

That aside the problem is poor officials. We tend to get too many rookie or poor refs at our games. 

I don't know what he was like at Motherwell but he needs to grow a pair and stop being so nice. He should start calling out refs instead of giving in. 

Can I just say as this thread inevitably draws to a close, what a thoroughly pleasant, well mannered and respectful thread it’s been. Not a bin fire in sight and a credit to both sets of fans. 

Now get tae f**k you bunch of manky, buckfast swilling, Lanarkshire c***s! 😄

4 hours ago, AW saint said:

I say to myself every week what does Langfield work on with him. He is slow off his line and really poor on cross balls. 

Superb shot stopper but needs to work on rest of his game. 

Ideally would love to see us sign a keeper in the window who will be our long term goalie and not a loan player. 

The fact that Langfield is the goalie coach explains the fact that your goalkeeper is garbage.

5 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

SOD always seemed like a good egg until he pitched up in south Lanarkshire. Seems to have take  to the dark arts quite regularly since then.

If you're going to insult where we're from, at least get the county right.

I wasn't at the game so can only go on the Sport scene highlights. The St Mirren comments on here (after the game finished anyway) have been pretty reasoned and certainly much more than the threads on previous games.

No complaints about either penalty (both blatant) but the second yellow was pretty soft and I really don't know what's happening with the handball rule these days. Seen them given, seen them not - it just all seems so inconsistent.

The cup game against Utd with no VAR was such a refreshing change. Get it in the bin - if officials are going to make mistakes, just let them get it on with it rather than huge delays to double down on them.

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

No complaints about either penalty (both blatant)

There's an argument to be had about 'if that's given then you give 3 or 4 a game' and there is some truth in that. I watched Mandron get held in a similar fashion twice in the second half yesterday.

Key difference is though that the Motherwell player was doing so with a degree of subtlety, it can be disguised quite easily as mere jostling or jockeying for position in amongst a thrall of players. Fraser was doing so absolutely blatantly, no-one else near him and his man and in full view of the referee. It's definitely in the soft category and I had a bit of rant about it during the match but I'm in no doubt it was a penalty on further viewing.