Treble Chasing Motherwell vs St Mirren - 28/09/24

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Biggest homer of a ref I’ve seen in a long long time. 
He doesnae even look embarrassed about it.

I think it's his first or second top level game. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Stevie Wonder on VAR here 

I think with a new ref, he would need to make a blatant mess of it before they overrule him, to avoid knocking his confidence. 

He is having a poor day though and VAR are worse for not correcting it. 

There's debatable and there is blatant. Miller, intentional or not has used his arm to drop the ball into his path then score. The goal needs chalked off - the fact that the ref didn't see this and VAR also checked it and decided to interpret it any other way is hilariously inept.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is f**king unbelievable!

I thought the rule was that if the ball touches the scorers hand at all, whether deliberate or not, a goal can’t be given. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The rule has changed like 30 times over the past year. I believe the current rule is that if the ball strikes the arm after it's hit another part of the body (ie, leg, shoulder, etc) AND the arm is deemed to not be in a unnatural and deliberately, then it's not a foul.

Of course, who knows what rules are being followed by the ref and VAR.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

The rule has changed like 30 times over the past year. I believe the current rule is that if the ball strikes the arm after it's hit another part of the body (ie, leg, shoulder, etc) AND the arm is deemed to not be in a unnatural and deliberately, then it's not a foul.

Of course, who knows what rules are being followed by the ref and VAR.

It doesn't though, it strikes his arm (which admittedly is not in a raised position) first. He literally controls it into his path with his arm. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

It doesn't though, it strikes his arm (which admittedly is not in a raised position) first. He literally controls it into his path with his arm. 

VAR Review this week is gonna be half of this games highlights in any case. Can't really comment on the goals/penalty since it's the completely over side from me.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

VAR Review this week is gonna be half of this games highlights in any case. Can't really comment on the goals/penalty since it's the completely over side from me.

It was so blatant that it was totally obvious live and seeing it at full speed. Everyone who has text me have said replays showing it should never have stood .