Raith Rovers v falkirk

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Only prizes Raith might be given at seasons end will be for worst pitch... even then they've got competition and it's not guaranteed!

If you ever flirt with promotion again at least it'll get replaced.

The ref, the pitch, the injuries, the 5 away games in a row.

Anything else?

4 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

The match stats, according to BBC Sport. 

IMG_9339.jpeg

I’m not fussed either way as we lost but I wouldn’t rely on them. Watch both ours and your highlights and he definitely stops a goal bound shot in the scramble at the end.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Did he not save a shot in the scramble right at the death.

Yer blocked shot on the BBC stats there could easily be a goalbound shot in that scramble, just blocked by a defender rather than keeper and hence doesnt go down as a shot on target. 

Which is more evidence that the stats that people refer to more and more often are complete guff.

For example a shot which was screaming into the net, heroically blocked by a defender's lunge, does not count as a shot on target if the goalkeeper or another defender is behind the brave one! Even if they are sitting cross legged against the post smoking rollups.

Just now, CrossgatesCynic said:

I think my point overall is that there wasn’t a lot to separate the teams in the game. It was entertaining in spells but neither team were exactly ‘dominant’. 

Totally agree with you, as I said in my first post after the game you took the chance you got and we didn’t take any of the half chances we got. So you rightly took the 3 points.

1 minute ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I think my point overall is that there wasn’t a lot to separate the teams in the game. It was entertaining in spells but neither team were exactly ‘dominant’. 

Agreed. And has been said 96328 times already, a 0-0 would have been the most appropriate outcome. But, it wasn't. So we move on.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yer blocked shot on the BBC stats there could easily be a goalbound shot in that scramble, just blocked by a defender rather than keeper and hence doesnt go down as a shot on target. 

I’m talking bollocks it wasn’t on either of the clubs highlights, it was on Mack Mates video on YouTube, it’s a keeper save not a defender block and it’s on target.

I’ve got no issue with the penalty or Raith’s game management, I’d expect (and have seen) us do the same many times in the same situation. The injuries are unfortunate but they happen. I’m loathe to criticise McGlynn after everything he’s done, but there have been fans on here for weeks pointing out how screwed we’d be if MacIver got injured. I hope we can get someone else in.

It’s also not a reason we lost the game at all, but the pitch is shite. It looks very similar to our one 2 years ago when it’s obviously completely done and needs replaced. Looked proper slippy and ball was bobbling around a lot. Same for both teams though. 

10 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Draw probably would have been a fair result. Game defined by a slip at the wrong time to give away a penalty. Pitch was very slippy, but same for both teams. Luck was on Raiths side. It might be a highlight of what’s been a dismal season so far. 

How was luck on our side. Poor finishing for 2 headers were  your only real chances. The pitch wasn't slippy either. It was slick blowing both teams to get the ball down and pass at pace. Players were not on their arses during the game.

Having said that I can see how you win games. Fast attacking football. Your right back was also very good.

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Quite sanguine about it tbh. 

Just can't be bothered reading the Raith pre-conceived, historical view about McGlynn et al whilst you ignore the reality that you fell short last year and think your nearly ready to go up that you haven't gotten any closer on or off the park since.

pre·con·ceived
[ˌpriːkənˈsiːvd]
adjective
  1. (of an idea or opinion) formed before having the evidence for its truth or usefulness:

There is loads of evidence floating about, but carry on ignoring it.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

I've just watched the highlights on Raith TV. Unless they are biased in thier highlights package, which I can assure you they aren't. Falkirk has ZERO shots on target. Dabrowski didn't have a shot to save. Just putting it out there 👍

I’m confused why you’ve quoted me for your post. My issues with the ref wouldn’t have affected the outcome and nowhere in my post did I insinuate that it would have. I have also said we were poor and struggled to create much

Don't buy the "xx would have been a fair result" patter. Football isn't fair which is a huge part of the game. 

Livingston, we  should have won, definetly secured a point but undone by an error and lost.

Hamilton was as one sided a game as I can recall should have won, dropped points.

Won yesterday and the looming crisis turns into hope. It's why we come back. Never really had any beef with Falkirk, fair doos on their record but happy to get it round them. 

Firstly, congratulations to Falkirk for an impressive 43 game streak, no matter what division your in that takes some doing.

Couldn't make the game yesterday as I was at a wedding on the west coast and just got around to watching the 'highlights'. Didn't look like there was too much in the game apart from the pen which was an absolute stonewaller.  Hopefully gives us a we confidence boost and kick on to a wee run ourselves.