Raith Rovers v falkirk

Both Falkirk and Ayr have had great starts, Falkirk as the new kids on the block and Ayr with a new manager (to a degree) and a squad overhaul.

Watch out for a potential tapering of results as teams get to adapt to get grips with the hitherto unknown entities, I still think both will comfortably finish in the top 4.

I seem to recall a few of John's Rovers teams enjoying good starts but going downhill as the clocks changed.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not fussed either way as we lost but I wouldn’t rely on them. Watch both ours and your highlights and he definitely stops a goal bound shot in the scramble at the end.

From our highlights pollock hit the bar when played through , I thought it was a decent game , lots going on and we got a break unlike last week 

3 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

It’s no a competition.

All I have heard from Raith fans is we have been shite because we have had players injured and it was the main reason for poor results. We have won five league games and had key players missing in every game. It was only yesterday that it caught up on when we had 6 missing and still probably didn’t deserve to lose. 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

From our highlights pollock hit the bar when played through , I thought it was a decent game , lots going on and we got a break unlike last week 

Adam’s had Pollock in his back pocket.

37 minutes ago, BPM said:

Adam’s had Pollock in his back pocket.

Pollock had been smashed in the second minute and could barely manage more than a jog for the rest of the game.

I was working unfortunately, but judging by the highlights both teams struggled to create much. The difference here is Falkirk have a reasonable excuse with who they had out, us on the other hand have struggled since the end of last year. Even with a full squad we've never been able to command the pitch and score a rake of goals. It is worrying because nobody coming back will help improve that. Stanton hasn't kicked a ball since last year as well. Still need a striker and Jamieson looks like a complete waste of a loan to be honest. Looks lie another Smith. 

Defensively looked a lot better and a clean sheet is fab but Tait should have sunk that header and I feel by the highlights that a draw would have been a fair result. 

I really have to ask what Gibson has to do for a start? Every game I've seen him, he offers directness and isn't scared to take on his man. I'd much prefer to see him in than Connolly or Mullin. 

Congratulations to Falkirk on their run, regardless of league, that's an unbelievable achievement. 

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I was working unfortunately, but judging by the highlights both teams struggled to create much. The difference here is Falkirk have a reasonable excuse with who they had out, us on the other hand have struggled since the end of last year. Even with a full squad we've never been able to command the pitch and score a rake of goals. It is worrying because nobody coming back will help improve that. Stanton hasn't kicked a ball since last year as well. Still need a striker and Jamieson looks like a complete waste of a loan to be honest. Looks lie another Smith.

Falkirk were making a big thing about MacIver and Morrison being out, with one or two others. We had as many out, and better players, especially Vaughan Stanton and Brown. MacIver scored 13 goals in 35 starts last season in the First Division (about one every couple of games) while Vaughan had  13 from 20 games, about 2 goals every three games in the Championship.  There's no comparison.

2 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Falkirk were making a big thing about MacIver and Morrison being out, with one or two others. We had as many out, and better players, especially Vaughan Stanton and Brown. MacIver scored 13 goals in 35 starts last season in the First Division (about one every couple of games) while Vaughan had  13 from 20 games, about 2 goals every three games in the Championship.  There's no comparison.

Brown played mate. I don't know why I'm getting involved, but it's got nothing to do with goals re Maciver. He is absolutely key to our system and we have no one else who does the same job. Its really that simple. You've said there's no comparison, but you've absolutely missed the point. 

5 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

What has Vaughan done this season? What has Stanton done this season.... That's my point. I said using Lewy as much as we did last season would have repercussions and it has but his form along with 90% of the squad has been abysmal for a while. Their players have been producing, hence 43 games unbeaten and sitting second in the league, where we were bottom going into this. There's no comparison really is there.... 

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh

11 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

What has Vaughan done this season? What has Stanton done this season.... That's my point. I said using Lewy as much as we did last season would have repercussions and it has but his form along with 90% of the squad has been abysmal for a while. Their players have been producing, hence 43 games unbeaten and sitting second in the league, where we were bottom going into this. There's no comparison really is there.... 

I don't know who you are. I dont know what you want. But if you stop this now, that'll be the end of it. I won't look for you. I won't pursue you. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Brown played mate. I don't know why I'm getting involved, but it's got nothing to do with goals re Maciver. He is absolutely key to our system and we have no one else who does the same job. Its really that simple. You've said there's no comparison, but you've absolutely missed the point. 

Brown played for ten minutes after injury which I'm sure you knew.

I think you're overstating MacIver's role, to the extent that Falkirk can hardly function without him. We can say that Stanton and Brown are key to our midfield and missing them is part of our poor start to the league season. I'm confident that Falkirk would not have enjoyed your 50% possession if they had been playing.

Edited by bring_back_the_twa_hoops

5 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Brown played for ten minutes after injury which I'm sure you knew.

I think you're overstating MacIver's role, to the extent that Falkirk can hardly function without him. We can say that Stanton and Brown are key to our midfield and missing them is part of our poor start to the league season. I'm confident that Falkirk would not have enjoyed your 50% possession if they had been playing.

I'm really not overstating what he does. If Brown can do 10 mins off the bench then you weren't without him.