Raith Rovers v falkirk

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

So you don't think he has exceeded expectations with us so far? Wild.

He's got you out of league 1 so with that he lived up to expectations. I deliberately did not comment on the other aspect of the job he's done as I don't really care you went on an undefeated run or didn't win a cup. 

28 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

So you don't think he has exceeded expectations with us so far? Wild.

I'd say he's exceeded expectations, especially given that after the first season when he failed to get promotion, a significant amount of your fanbase wanted him gone. I don't think many expected him to last the second season in League One. The recovery and turnaround from that has been pretty impressive. 

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

On a different note, I`m old enough to remember Raith playing in "The Twa Hoops". Quite liked the strip.  Falkirk did the same for a season around  1962-3.

f.jpg

I've seen a photo of us in the opposite design, dark blue jesey with two white hoops.

Montrose also had the two hoop jersey, but in their lighter blue and with blue shorts

Edited by bring_back_the_twa_hoops

8 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

I've seen a photo of us in the opposite design, dark blue jesey with two white hoops.

Montrose also had the two hoop jersey, but in their lighter blue and with blue shorts

And a blue collar….

5 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Was miller not on the bench and came on? 

He did but I’m assuming he wasn’t 100% as he’s one of our best players and obviously we’d have been stronger if he started

Going an entire league season is exceptional, it almost never gets done at this level.  

Thought the game management was superb on Saturday, if very unspectacular.  Recognised that Falkirks main threat was pace and/or the ball over the top, and instead sat back and let them cross it in for Hanlon and Murray to defend.  

Hamilton is the game changer though.  Hasn't done much in front of goal,  but having someone who wins, retains and links possession is a huge step forward.  Helps the likes of Easton focus on being creative.

We're in a fair bit of bother if he's injured though, similar to Falkirks current predicament.

4 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

On a different note, I`m old enough to remember Raith playing in "The Twa Hoops". Quite liked the strip.  Falkirk did the same for a season around  1962-3.

f.jpg

You’ll be delighted to know next time we play Falkirk we will be wearing the white strip with two blue bands.