🔴⚪️Hamilton Accies vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 28th September 2024

Outcome  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/24 at 14:00

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

£40 for an adult and a concession seems very steep.

Mild language, it's absolutely disgraceful. At Raith it's £22 for adult and child. I believe it's only £21 at Falkirk and Dunfermline do adults and U13 for £29. We do have free season tickets for U12s but only if an adult buys one too. They have said "pro rata" U16 tickets are available if they contact the club but you hear of folk phoning the club and no one answering, or writing and getting no reply. If you go down to the ground away from a match day, the club shop shutters are down. And still no strips for sale, in our 150th year!

I've just bought my tickets for Saturday there (grudgingly). Many people say "the game's gone" on really trivial matters. But I feel this is a true definition of it. Years gone by we've just about filled that stand behind the goal I reckon you'll be luck y if its half full at those prices.

It's a crazy new norm. Heard on AVFTT that Montrose charged Stenny fans £18 per ticket for part time football! 

Unfortunately we're the worst for it. £25 is a joke. 

Not sure on the outcome of this one. We're good at home and Partick have stuttered out of the gates. But we have the joint worst defence in the league. But we're also joint third for goals scored. Wouldn't bet on a 0-0! 

4 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

It's a crazy new norm. Heard on AVFTT that Montrose charged Stenny fans £18 per ticket for part time football! 

Unfortunately we're the worst for it. £25 is a joke. 

Not sure on the outcome of this one. We're good at home and Partick have stuttered out of the gates. But we have the joint worst defence in the league. But we're also joint third for goals scored. Wouldn't bet on a 0-0! 

I’d almost be ok with it if the kids prices were really low - a sort of we’re subsidising the next generation of fans or whatever. I’m not saying I’d be thrilled but I’d at least understand it.

But having the most expensive adult ticket prices combined with the most expensive kids prices is a proper pisstake from Accies.

I see TJF have called them out. Not that it’ll make any difference but still.

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’d almost be ok with it if the kids prices were really low - a sort of we’re subsidising the next generation of fans or whatever. I’m not saying I’d be thrilled but I’d at least understand it.

But having the most expensive adult ticket prices combined with the most expensive kids prices is a proper pisstake from Accies.

I see TJF have called them out. Not that it’ll make any difference but still.

Stuff like this is the only thing that will maybe get through to the club though, they laughed off multiple Accies fans who warned them the prices were too high in-person at a fans forum before the start of the season.
They’ve already lost money from potential big away gates in Ayr’s opening game, one of the bigger fan bases in Dunfermline and Airdrie when Rangers weren’t playing, so hopefully they’ll lose more on Saturday from Partick who as someone else said historically bring a very good support through to us.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

We have tried to make them see sense at the Fans Forum and flooding Social Media with comments about these disgraceful PATG prices but they see it as another Accies Fans v The Board matter and thus are not budging.

Perhaps if all the SLO’s/Supporters Groups of the other 9 clubs put out a joint statement warning of a mass boycott it would do the trick.

They won’t listen to us, so a combined Away fans threat would perhaps bang heads together in the boardroom.

I am absolutely sick of decades of having Owners and Directors who acted against the fans of our club.

For me in my 48 years supporting Accies, the only board who acted in the best interests of the club and fans was that of Alistair Duguid/David Campbell.

Unfortunately, they were ousted when Jim Watson bought the Shares of Robert Gibb(who died in a car crash travelling from Yorkshire to a Board Meeting)from his wife via underhand methods as she was unaware who she was selling them to.

That corrupt Board of Watson, Stepek and Fulston  made a fortune from selling land and housing the club needed back to the club for vastly inflated sums which left us with £650,000 to build a ground.

This is why we only have 2 Stands…plus the Gazebo when the original money was for 4 Stands.

In addition, the overage money from The Hamilton West Retail Park- £2 million was earmarked to build a Ten Pin Bowling Alley in one of the stands as well as a retractable Roof which would have been a first up here.

I could weep at the corruption which has went on over the years and now we are left with a mob who are pricing out Accies fans who can’t afford it as well as interested locals and away fans unable to afford to take their kids.

Add in the non-existent promotion of our 150th Anniversary: no strips out yet, no glamour friendly( they were rabbiting on about an away friendly in Turkey) nor any Special Deals and I am done with these new Club Owners.

Meanwhile, McGowan wants £1.5 million to sell the Stadium back to the Football Club to add even more “chaos”.

I just want a club where prices are reasonable, strips are out before the start of the season, a decent Club Shop, fans are treated as pivotal to the club and  where there is no separation over ownership of the club and Stadium.

Not too much to ask for is it?

11 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

We have tried to make them see sense at the Fans Forum and flooding Social Media with comments about these disgraceful PATG prices but they see it as another Accies Fans v The Board matter and thus are not budging.

Perhaps if all the SLO’s/Supporters Groups of the other 9 clubs put out a joint statement warning of a mass boycott it would do the trick.

They won’t listen to us, so a combined Away fans threat would perhaps bang heads together in the boardroom.

I am absolutely sick of decades of having Owners and Directors who acted against the fans of our club.

For me in my 48 years supporting Accies, the only board who acted in the best interests of the club and fans was that of Alistair Duguid/David Campbell.

Unfortunately, they were ousted when Jim Watson bought the Shares of Robert Gibb(who died in a car crash travelling from Yorkshire to a Board Meeting)from his wife via underhand methods as she was unaware who she was selling them to.

That corrupt Board of Watson, Stepek and Fulston  made a fortune from selling land and housing the club needed back to the club for vastly inflated sums which left us with £650,000 to build a ground.

This is why we only have 2 Stands…plus the Gazebo when the original money was for 4 Stands.

In addition, the overage money from The Hamilton West Retail Park- £2 million was earmarked to build a Ten Pin Bowling Alley in one of the stands as well as a retractable Roof which would have been a first up here.

I could weep at the corruption which has went on over the years and now we are left with a mob who are pricing out Accies fans who can’t afford it as well as interested locals and away fans unable to afford to take their kids.

Add in the non-existent promotion of our 150th Anniversary: no strips out yet, no glamour friendly( they were rabbiting on about an away friendly in Turkey) nor any Special Deals and I am done with these new Club Owners.

Meanwhile, McGowan wants £1.5 million to sell the Stadium back to the Football Club to add even more “chaos”.

I just want a club where prices are reasonable, strips are out before the start of the season, a decent Club Shop, fans are treated as pivotal to the club and  where there is no separation over ownership of the club and Stadium.

Not too much to ask for is it?

That's absolutely brutal. Hard enough being a fan of a team outside of the premier never mind this shit, kind of makes you wonder why bother half the time. 

Hamilton is a very easy game for me to get to and actually one I quite enjoyed in the past, don't get to as many away games now so it's a defacto boycott for me. 

It's difficult to say credit where it's due when this is probably the fourth change to their prices since their original announcement, including changes to the season ticket packages. And they've not gone back to the £8 it was at our last home game, still £10 is better than £16 ( I was a Maths whizz). Some of those kids in that photo will be able to go now!

So the board will listen to other clubs fans but not our own...

As depressing as that reality is, at least its a step in the right direction. Thank you to all the fans that spoke up, hopefully if this continues, they will reduce the adult ticket to at least on par with most other clubs.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Ridiculous it's taken another club to push this when your own fans have been calling for it.

Reason for that is Gerry Strain got caught out by the fans for being a lying, narcassistic arsehole. He blames the fans for calling it out rather than looking at his own bizarre behaviour.

Edited by FuzzyBear

22 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Reason for that is Gerry Strain got caught out by the fans for being a lying, nacassistic arsehole. He blames the fans for calling it out rather than looking at his own bizarre behaviour.

As long as he has an influence in the boardroom I will never trust anything that the board say.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Ridiculous it's taken another club to push this when your own fans have been calling for it.

The board don’t really give a flying f**k about our fans ….any “negative “ comments ( whether it’s this PATG disgrace or the anniversary fiasco) are just ignored and then they move onto their next disaster.

56 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

So the board will listen to other clubs fans but not our own...

As depressing as that reality is, at least its a step in the right direction. Thank you to all the fans that spoke up, hopefully if this continues, they will reduce the adult ticket to at least on par with most other clubs.

100 % this. We tell the board In advance what will happen with such a ridiculous PATG price and we are dismissed. Away fans justifiably kick up a stink and there is a reaction. No wonder our crowds are dropping and even die hards are losing interest. 

I honestly think whoever does the PR for the club is on a bonus based on how bad they can make the club look!!! 

Edited by Beckford

Thistle should have communicated with fans before they did tbh.

Fans took around 2 days across forums and social media and eventually TJF made a statement however nothing from the club about their stance on it. 

Gives the impression that thistle weren’t overly arsed about what their fans were being charged and have only now posted about it after it was changed.