🔴⚪️Hamilton Accies vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 28th September 2024

Outcome  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/24 at 14:00

Normally it's our fans calling for the manager's head after a game.

Accies made hard work of that with the ongoing succession of corners conceded in last 15 mins.

Will take the 3 points & a rare clean sheet - a much needed win on the board.

In a team that was absolutely horrific, it’s some feat that Turner managed to stand out as beyond terrible. McBeth looked okay until his mistake which injured him, and Fitzpatrick was the only one playing in the second half. 

Don’t think I’m quite “Doolan out” yet, but not far off it. Need a minimum of four points from the next two games.

Considering Dools has signed:

Megwa

O’Reilly

Ashcroft

Turner

Roberts.

Chalmers

et al

He’s also kept Graham, Fitzpatrick and Milne.

8 pts out of 21.

Trouble is we’re skint and I doubt we can afford to show him the door. If we weren’t being governed by so-called ‘fan ownership’ , I think he’d be out. 

10 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Considering Dools has signed:

Megwa

O’Reilly

Ashcroft

Turner

Roberts.

Chalmers

et al

He’s also kept Graham, Fitzpatrick and Milne.

8 pts out of 21.

Trouble is we’re skint and I doubt we can afford to show him the door. If we weren’t being governed by so-called ‘fan ownership’ , I think he’d be out. 

We are far from skint but will be heading that way. We have just wasted a good few hundred thousand over budget to sign that bloated squad for an attempt at winning the league which ain't gonna happen unless there is a miracle. Suppose it gives a reason for the next 500k investment....

Edited by 0neTeamInGlasgow

3 minutes ago, 0neTeamInGlasgow said:

We are far from skint but will be heading that way. We have just wasted a good few hundred thousand over budget to sign that bloated squad for an attempt at winning the league which ain't gonna happen unless there is a miracle.

At the current points scoring rate we’re on course to finish with 41pts. I think we’re close enough to not having enough money to sack him, or am I wrong?

Just now, Mike the Magyar said:

At the current points scoring rate we’re on course to finish with 41pts. I think we’re close enough to not having enough money to sack him, or am I wrong?

Remember that 75k that has been kept aside from the first 500k investment, maybe kept for a reason 😉

19 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Don’t think I’m quite “Doolan out” yet, but not far off it. Need a minimum of four points from the next two games.

Wasn't there today so not going to comment specifically on that but this is probably where I am and I'm generally at the "give managers more time" end of the scale. The football is eye bleeding to watch after the last 2 seasons, we've massively underachieved so far with the squad we have including spunking prize money up the wall in the cups via home defeats to Alloa and Clyde, and we don't seem to be improving.

We don't play a game outside Glasgow until November with 3 home games then QP away, I think if it doesn't pick up by then he's in danger.

Only thing , is there anyone who *doesn't* think the next manager is Brian Graham?

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wasn't there today so not going to comment specifically on that but this is probably where I am and I'm generally at the "give managers more time" end of the scale. The football is eye bleeding to watch after the last 2 seasons, we've massively underachieved so far with the squad we have including spunking prize money up the wall in the cups via home defeats to Alloa and Clyde, and we don't seem to be improving.

We don't play a game outside Glasgow until November with 3 home games then QP away, I think if it doesn't pick up by then he's in danger.

Only thing , is there anyone who *doesn't* think the next manager is Brian Graham?

Most likely him or knowing our lot McCall.

I missed Queen's Park at home and Edinburgh City away so the football this season I've witnessed has been without fail absolute shite to watch. There's been mitigating factors for a couple of them like Stanway being a f**king idiot at Falkirk but overall Doolan now has his own squad and we're look much worse than we were under McCall.

I'm not quite get him to f**k yet but I think we might regret not doing it early if he squanders this run of home games we have coming up.

Wasn’t there today, but sounds like yet another game where we create nothing. We’re just useless from open play, which considering the calibre (and cost) of the squad is completely unacceptable.

I’m not quite at “Doolan out”, but something has to change soon. It feels like he doesn’t really know his best lineup, best formation or have a clear identity of how we’re supposed to play. At this stage of the season that’s a pretty big worry.

I’d say we need 7/9 points minimum from these next 3 home games to maintain even the slightest hint of a title challenge. And I have no faith at all in us to get those results right now.

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

If it is Graham then it’s probably because we can’t afford others.

1 minute ago, 0neTeamInGlasgow said:

The next 500k investment coming to the club. However we will probably squander that as well.

Anyway, money issues aside, is there anyone on here who thinks Dools will win us the league this season? And given our play off form, will he be successful then?