Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Duncan Ferguson should probably put the "been at coach at top clubs so will be a success" stuff in the bin, considering Real Madrid wanted him as a coach.

I think Bloom will believe the recruitment will be spot on and they can sign whatever type of player the manager wants, so ideally you get someone with a clear idea of a style of play, who's happy to work with whoever gets signed, and who also has a record of improving players through training. It probably narrows the field a fair bit and Critchley will tick every box.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Duncan Ferguson should probably put the "been at coach at top clubs so will be a success" stuff in the bin, considering Real Madrid wanted him as a coach.

I think Bloom will believe the recruitment will be spot on and they can sign whatever type of player the manager wants, so ideally you get someone with a clear idea of a style of play, who's happy to work with whoever gets signed, and who also has a record of improving players through training. It probably narrows the field a fair bit and Critchley will tick every box.

I think this is pretty close. He's  being brought in to fit the new model of the club, rather than the club bending to what the manager wants and that'll mean focusing on the coaching, training and trying to improve individuals.

He had a few players at Blackpool he signed for nothing and they sold for money and in his first spell in particular he improved guys that had gone a bit stale. 

I'm still far from convinced about this appointment. It's not exciting at all and I think it has the potential to go south quickly, but if we are trusting the StarLizard methods, then you have to give them the chance to work so I'll give him a chance.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Three year deal. Not sure what to make of that. 

They must be much more convinced than we are. 

2 and a half seasons. Pretty standard, doubt he'd uproot his life without some sort of commitment, financially I assume we will have the same breakpoints as previously.

Not convinced, but hopefully he proves folk wrong. I certainly won't be one of those wanting him to fail like there seems to be floating about.

Kinda shows you the finances/reputation Scottish football clubs have when one of the top posts in the country goes to a guy who wouldn’t currently be seriously considered for an English Championship job.

I guess it’s not as big a risk when Hearts have started the season so badly, but I find it absolutely wild that he was the best candidate.

The bar is very low this season for success but I would be shocked if he’s still in charge at the end of next season.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the boxes will have mainly included “Cheap” and “Will be happy just being a coach and will no major say in recruitment”.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Quite sobering for our game this. The team that finished 3rd in our league last year has appointed an English fella with no connection to our game that has managed only two clubs in the EFL, and he's been sacked by them both. How could he be the best option out there?

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think the boxes will have mainly included “Cheap” and “Will be happy just being a coach and will no major say in recruitment”.

It's nothing to do with being cheap, we offered Hogmo a big wage.

We are clearly focusing on different attributes than a traditional search using Bloom/Jamestown/StarLizard.

Up for debate whether that's the right way forward, but it's clearly the driver.

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

"Neil was the oustanding candidate based on the analytics"

:cornette:

What does that even mean?

Hearts absolutely milking this "data" and "analytics" angle as if they've just discovered it.

That's almost certainly a direct rebuttal of the idiots claiming  we've employed Blooms method and just ignored it because McKinley fancies Critchley. 

34 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That's almost certainly a direct rebuttal of the idiots claiming  we've employed Blooms method and just ignored it because McKinley fancies Critchley. 

Or to defelct the fact the real number one candidate rejected you.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Or to defelct that fact the real number one candidate rejected you.

Don't think it needs much deflection. Teams miss out on candidates all the time, what are we meant to do, leave the post vacant?

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kinda shows you the finances/reputation Scottish football clubs have when one of the top posts in the country goes to a guy who wouldn’t currently be seriously considered for an English Championship job.

I guess it’s not as big a risk when Hearts have started the season so badly, but I find it absolutely wild that he was the best candidate.

The bar is very low this season for success but I would be shocked if he’s still in charge at the end of next season.

The Championship pays far better than everyone up here bar Celtic and Rangers.  Hearts,  Hibs and Aberdeen should be relatively attractive salary wise but there's other problems attracting people. 

Aberdeen have done well to get Thelin but unfortunately the market we're in is lower tier guys with the hope you pick up a gem.  Bloom's mob have been excellent at that, so the hope is they've managed it here. 

I don't think he's terrible, the worst he's likely to be of dully competent.   English Robbie vibes 

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym
Mistake