They're coming for the bairn's pies now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crejwrypryyo

Major Labour donor Dale Vince says he wants to talk to the new government about scrapping compulsory meat and dairy in school meals in England.

I wonder why?

his company, Devil's Kitchen, already supplies vegan food to "one in four" primary schools.

Ah

From my cold, dead (flabby fat)  hands 

There's a serious discussion to be had about school meals, but the aim should be balanced and nutritious. In England the requirement is for meat or dairy to be supplied on 3 of the 5 days. Not to be the sole choice - plants are available every day. This guy wants to remove that choice, take away a balanced diet and force his extreme viewpoint on children - coincidentally making himself millions along the way. These people absolutely should be banned from buying influence in government. 

22 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

There's a serious discussion to be had about school meals, but the aim should be balanced and nutritious. In England the requirement is for meat or dairy to be supplied on 3 of the 5 days. Not to be the sole choice - plants are available every day. This guy wants to remove that choice, take away a balanced diet and force his extreme viewpoint on children - coincidentally making himself millions along the way. These people absolutely should be banned from buying influence in government. 

Its terrorism.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

The bad kind 

The worstest. 

nah in all honesty, i get the need to lower the carbon footprint of our food, but i enjoy meat and my wee guy does too, i hate the pontificating from the vegan lobby and i dispute the assertions that its a suitable diet. I also have issues with the assertion vegan food is better for the environment as the land use for vegan products seems to be more destructive. 

I once saw a man be apprehended by the police after he had attacked Dale Vince in a public park with a bag of dog shit. He must have got at least a few blows in as by the time I was passing, the bag had obviously given way, leaving pakora-sized balls of shite at Vince's feet and brown streaks all down his off-pink shirt.

I had been taking my elderly gran out for a walk and the commotion seriously dented her confidence and trust in the outside world as I believe it was the last time she left the house. She died a few weeks later.

I doubt this will happen.  The story says he wants to talk to the government about it, not that he has talked to the government about it, not that he is going to talk to the government about it or even that the government wants to talk to him about it.

I would highly doubt that any government will change the law to force schools to stop serving meat and dairy in school meals.  It would be extremely unpopular, very hard to organise and is also not justifiable from a scientific perspective.  Meat and dairy can absolutely be part of a healthy diet, particularly for children.  You can have a healthy vegan diet as well but the idea that milk and meat are inherently unhealthy is crazy.

I have to be honest, the lunches we book for our son do leave something to be desired.  Most weeks it's tomato pasta, fish fingers, pizza day and stuff like that.  They also randomly throw in roast gammon or roast turkey which seems odd choices for a load of six year olds.  We are lucky in that my son is a pretty good eater for most things (within reason for a six year old) but a lot of kids that age can be very picky.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Dale Vince employed Duncan “Big Dunc” Ferguson as manager of Forest Green Rovers.

For that reason alone the government should tell him to f**k off 

He should change his name to 'Pale Mince'.

Vegan mince is shite, btw.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Seems strange that he donates to the Labour party rather than the Green party. Almost as if he's not actually bothered about the economic stuff and just wants his businesses to succeed. 

The new Bond villains leave a lot to be desired