They're coming for our pints now..............

A schooner over a pint isn't the worst thing, as someone said earlier it means your drink is always fresher. Serve 2/3 of a pint for 2/3 of the cost and there isn't really anything to grumble about, other than having to go to the bar more often. Sell 2/3 of a pint for more than 2/3 of the cost of a pint and that's when it just becomes greed.

Worth noting that 1/3 & 2/3 pint serving sizes are already legal in the UK, though you typically only see them in craft pubs or tap rooms where the ABV is often higher. If there was an organic demand for them pubs would likely already be selling them. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People should switch to wine.  A couple of bottles is less than three pints.

Don't know which pubs are selling you bottles of wine for around £7.50, but I wouldn't fancy drinking it.

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

Don't know which pubs are selling you bottles of wine for around £7.50, but I wouldn't fancy drinking it.

I don’t mean the cost.  A 750ml bottle of wine is 1.31 pints, two bottles are 2.62 pints.  That’s less than three pints.

31 minutes ago, Wee-Bey said:

Rugby team nights out will no longer be the same. Drinking a schooner of your own piss doesn't have the same ring to it.

20 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You dumb b*****ds. It's not a schooner - it's a sailboat.

Rod Stewart could sing a song about it, i am drinking, i am drinking, from a sailboat of my own piss, to be near you, to be free....... take it away Rod.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t mean the cost.  A 750ml bottle of wine is 1.31 pints, two bottles are 2.62 pints.  That’s less than three pints.

To hell with the cost and the ABV! I like your style.

Incredible how often people make jokes about drinking piss when rugby comes up, only for PTSD sufferers to confirm that it's all horribly true.

Is there crossover between the rugby crowd and the armed forces? The stuff people have told me about their time in the army has been unreal.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"Two-thirds of a pint of Belhaven Best, please." Aye, that'll be feckin' right. Pubs would just use this nonsense as an excuse to jack their prices. Woke pish. (Ooh, there's an idea for a name, Brewdog.)

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/sep/24/the-power-of-the-pint-is-it-time-to-retire-one-of-the-worlds-biggest-beer-measures

"I ask Pete Brown, the author of several books about beer and pubs, what he thinks about the study. “I was shaking with anger when I heard about it,” he replies. I laugh – but he isn’t joking. “Pubs are on their knees. We’re losing two pubs a day. As if we hadn’t got enough to worry about, now they’re coming for our pints,” he says."

These middle class c***s can f**k off. 

49 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Incredible how often people make jokes about drinking piss when rugby comes up, only for PTSD sufferers to confirm that it's all horribly true.

Isn't that the reason stereotypes exist - there is an underlying element of truth.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

On the plus side,  we're getting our sausages back.

I'm not sure that it would solve everything if the Jews and Muslims ate more pork products but it's worth a shot surely

I've never felt like invading my neighbours garden or taking his dog hostage after a bacon sandwich

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm not sure that it would solve everything if the Jews and Muslims ate more pork products but it's worth a shot surely

I've never felt like invading my neighbours garden or taking his dog hostage after a bacon sandwich

16 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've always liked the Australian "schooner" 2/3 rds of a pint.  Your drink isn't flat/warm by the time you get to the bottom of it.

There was a boozer in Partick that was open for a couple of years that did them, but they ripped the pish with the prices. 

Costs about $10 ( About 5 GBP )for a Schooner of mid-strength beer.

38 minutes ago, scotfree said:

Costs about $10 ( About 5 GBP )for a Schooner of mid-strength beer.

Paid $12 last night, $7 during Happy Hour, so you're not too far off.