Rangers v Hibs

1 hour ago, stressball said:

The overall capacity of the stand will be just over 8k.

So I imagine somewhere between 3200 - 3800.

@AJFcan probably give a more accurate answer.

(If I was being a dick I'd say the capacity is 0)

Yeah, I’m not sure on the specifics but that won’t be far off. Celtic used to get the entirety of the Broomloan and that allocation was 7,000 IIRC.

It’s yet another shit show caused by our club. I’d be rightly raging if the shoe was on the other foot.

Still though, I don’t know why there can’t be a way to accommodate all season ticket holders plus a Hibs away allocation.

If we use some rough figures as an example:

Ibrox capacity: 50,000

Season Ticket Holders: 45,000

Copland Rear capacity: ~3,500

So if we discount the Copland Rear capacity, that leaves a restricted capacity of around 46,500. I don’t know why that can’t accommodate all 45,000 season ticket holders plus a Hibs away allocation.

There’s been no general sale for this match as far as I know so I don’t know what is preventing this.

The club have been hammering the seatsub emails this week so it seems like they are scrapping around for anything they can get.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

The use of of the word “reasonable” within the rules but without any context of what reasonable means just perfectly sums up the farce that away tickets have become in Scotland. There should be clear wording explaining what clubs are required to provide.

Just wait till you see "in the opinion of the referee" in the laws of the game...

6 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

The use of of the word “reasonable” within the rules but without any context of what reasonable means just perfectly sums up the farce that away tickets have become in Scotland. There should be clear wording explaining what clubs are required to provide.

Nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush. 

What are the issues with away tickets at all the other clubs?

PS - not including the price of tickets.

Edited by Sortmeout

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush. 

What are the issues with away tickets at all the other clubs?

PS - not including the price of tickets.

The issue is the lack of proper rules unlike in other leagues/European competitions. One person’s interpretation of reasonable might be 50 tickets while another’s 10k.

1 minute ago, KingswellsRed said:

The issue is the lack of proper rules unlike in other leagues/European competitions. One person’s interpretation of reasonable might be 50 tickets while another’s 10k.

Aye but that’s only affecting some clubs. Most clubs have no issues selling a reasonable number of tickets to away fans. It’s just certain clubs (or holding companies).

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Top tier of the Copland may not have its safety certificate in time for the match meaning Rangers will have to relocate season ticket holders for there to other parts of Ibrox, meaning there will be no seats left to give an allocation to Hibs.

If this happens and they don't give Hibs an allocation its a nailed on certainty the gesture will be reciprocated, meaning Rangers getting no tickets for their next visit to Easter Road. 

Why were they allowed to return playing there then? 🤦‍♂️ 

25 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why were they allowed to return playing there then? 🤦‍♂️ 

Pitch is usable so the section that can’t be opened remains closed.

Basically playing at Hampden as financially hammering them so they’ve rushed to get it open to save money and make sure their first European home game is played at Ibrox else they’d have had to use Hampden for all the games.

This all seems a pathetic response from Rangers board to Hibs cutting their allocation after a 3499 minority away end chanted wanting Martin Boyle deed. I do stress that it was a minority of Rangers fans that day of course.

Can imagine the SPFL will make a panicked announcement tomorrow and hopefully it can be sorted out for us to at least get a few hundred tickets (if stadium is limited capacity). 

Every time things like this happen, it just affects the image of the league and damages potential TV deals + reputation. Quite frustrating but unfortunately it doesn't seem like Rangers will ever grow up.

Edited by Cameron1875

1 hour ago, Cameron1875 said:

This all seems a pathetic response from Rangers board to Hibs cutting their allocation after a 3499 minority away end chanted wanting Martin Boyle deed. I do stress that it was a minority of Rangers fans that day of course.

Can imagine the SPFL will make a panicked announcement tomorrow and hopefully it can be sorted out for us to at least get a few hundred tickets (if stadium is limited capacity). 

Every time things like this happen, it just affects the image of the league and damages potential TV deals + reputation. Quite frustrating but unfortunately it doesn't seem like Rangers will ever grow up.

I’m not quite sure it is a response to that, otherwise we wouldn’t have season ticket holders unaware of which stand they’ll be in just a few days before the match.

I think it’s more a case of the club being desperate to get back to Ibrox for various reasons.

Hibs observer: 

“ Hibs were informed by league bosses on Monday that their appeal had been successful and they had been granted a full away allocation of 932 tickets.

Hibs are ready to put tickets on sale as soon as they receive them but as of Wednesday night, they were still to receive any tickets for Sunday’s encounter, and it’s understood Rangers could face repercussions from the SPFL if Hibs don't receive their full allocation ahead of the weekend”

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibs observer: 

“ Hibs were informed by league bosses on Monday that their appeal had been successful and they had been granted a full away allocation of 932 tickets.

Hibs are ready to put tickets on sale as soon as they receive them but as of Wednesday night, they were still to receive any tickets for Sunday’s encounter, and it’s understood Rangers could face repercussions from the SPFL if Hibs don't receive their full allocation ahead of the weekend”

Should be postponed if they refuse to give us any after that. 

Hilarious though.

A full allocation, tickets not yet received as of Wednesday night (let's call it Thursday morning), and Hibs are supposed to sell and distribute these in, what ? 2 days 😂

Wonder if anyone will be able to book a bus tomorrow?

f**k Rangers