🔵⚪️St Johnstone v The Biggest Capitalist Institution in Scottish Sport⚪️🤢

58 minutes ago, AJF said:

He really does have a fragile ego eh. Using tonight’s win as some kind of “gotcha” after they received some criticism for their style of play last year 😂

Maybe not a gotcha but he has you posting his every word these days. You do a better job than the Celtic social media team.

Appreciated 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Getting me to criticise Celtic. Is that the only purpose you have on these forums? 

But like I said before, I’ve stated my opinion many times, called it out many times so let’s not get all forgetful because you haven’t had some forum attention in a while

It was more a dig at our northern friends tbf.

Some cringy & severe copium inhalation ITT.

When the OF act like they’ll win all the time and the rest don’t matter, everyone is left in uproar.

Yet when they demolish someone it doesn’t count because they should win all the time anyway?

Massive budget gaps have been in place in Scottish football for literally decades and sides have managed to not get horsed for 6 in their own midden.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When the OF act like they’ll win all the time and the rest don’t matter, everyone is left in uproar.

Yet when they demolish someone it doesn’t count because they should win all the time anyway?

Massive budget gaps have been in place in Scottish football for literally decades and sides have managed to not get horsed for 6 in their own midden.

It's pretty much just a Falkirk fans who's complaining isn't it?

There was never much hope IMO. Celtic play well and there's nothing any team in the league can do to prevent losing. Combine you playing badly and it'll be horsing.

I'd be surprised if there's not a handful of 4/5/6 goal victories for them this season.

It's a bit shit as it's almost impossible to compete against a well drilled side spanking £9m+ on players when you're signing free agents, but they're so well coached and so "on it" aswell that they make sure you don't stand a chance. 

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

She’s not a very good pundit but that is 100% not what she said. Why are you inventing thing to be offended about?

Good morning.

I’m not offended at all. I just thought it was a strange comparison to make.

I agree with Random Guy. I think Celtic will win a lot of games by similar scores this season.

They could end up with a GD of o over 100 and I can see them winning 90%+ of their league games.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good morning.

I’m not offended at all. I just thought it was a strange comparison to make.

I agree with Random Guy. I think Celtic will win a lot of games by similar scores this season.

They could end up with a GD of o over 100 and I can see them winning 90%+ of their league games.

A sobering thought that if they continue at their current rate of 3.3333 goals per game. They'll score 127 this season. 

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Maybe not a gotcha but he has you posting his every word these days. You do a better job than the Celtic social media team.

Appreciated 

I only post the stuff he says that is worth laughing at. If that means I end up posting him quite often, well, that says a lot.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a bit shit as it's almost impossible to compete against a well drilled side spanking £9m+ on players when you're signing free agents, but they're so well coached and so "on it" aswell that they make sure you don't stand a chance. 

It’s not really impossible. We beat Celtic twice last season at home but then got absolutely cuffed by them when they won the league, it could’ve been a lot more. You do need to look at your own players a bit because if your own team fully turns up then you’ve got a chance to go toe to toe with them. I’m not saying you beat Celtic on current form but players can definitely make it more of a battle regardless of the cost.

I think that's a bit harsh on Saints. They got through the first half an hour unscathed, which we are always told is important, and still got absolutely scudded. 

We've won 12 in a row and are unbeaten in 22 and I still think we could get an absolute hiding at Parkhead in a few weeks time if Celtic turn up in the mood. 

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s not really impossible. We beat Celtic twice last season at home but then got absolutely cuffed by them when they won the league, it could’ve been a lot more. You do need to look at your own players a bit because if your own team fully turns up then you’ve got a chance to go toe to toe with them. I’m not saying you beat Celtic on current form but players can definitely make it more of a battle regardless of the cost.

It is, aye. You should probably appreciate how good you are at home against the OF more tbh.

The only way you win is you have a lot of luck, Celtic are poor, and your own team gets everything right.

They feel like they've stepped up a level from last season too, where they kind of went through the motions sometimes. This lot feel back to the best Rodgers sides where they suffocate you from the first minute and just don't ever let up.

On 29/09/2024 at 01:53, Cardle is Magic said:

Last season Celtic beat Aberdeen 6-0. They beat Dundee 7-1. They have won 5-0 at Kilmarnock in each of the last two seasons.

The season before last they beat Dundee United 9-0, Hibs 6-1, and Aberdeen 5-0.

Could go on. These results have always been with us.

The financial gap has always been there, but it's bigger now than it's ever been before and is getting bigger every year.

Getting a f**king scudding in one of these games is just part of being in the Premiership these days. Maybe you'll get to enjoy it one day.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Last season Celtic beat Aberdeen 6-0. They beat Dundee 7-1. They have won 5-0 at Kilmarnock in each of the last two seasons.

The season before last they beat Dundee United 9-0, Hibs 6-1, and Aberdeen 5-0.

Could go on. These results have always been with us.

The financial gap has always been there, but it's bigger now than it's ever been before and is getting bigger every year.

Getting a f**king scudding in one of these games is just part of being in the Premiership these days. Maybe you'll get to enjoy it one day.

Hearts beat Celtic twice last season.

A scudding is always possible and a defeat is very likely but this dismissal of any pumping as inevitable is just not true.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

A scudding is always possible and a defeat is very likely but this dismissal of any pumping as inevitable.

It really is though. Like we're the worst side in the league, have no manager, and shipped 3 goals to Ross County the week before, of course Celtic are scoring 5 or more.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Hearts beat Celtic twice last season.

A scudding is always possible and a defeat is very likely but this dismissal of any pumping as inevitable is just not true.

Hearts beat Celtic twice last season, but absolutely nobody would be surprised if they beat us 5 or 6-0 next time.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making here. We all live this every season and know how it works..

When you need to play a team that out-muscles you by a factor of around seven (in Hearts' case) four times per season, they're going to f**king batter you every few years. Considering St Johnstone are even more out-gunned than Hearts, it's not really a surprise that they get tanked by Celtic from time to time.

Why get upset about something that is inevitable? It doesn't make you some kind of super fan.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts beat Celtic twice last season, but absolutely nobody would be surprised if they beat us 5 or 6-0 next time.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making here.

My point was that a pumping is not inevitable every time, which those results prove.

I hope the players don't go into games with the same loser attitude as the fans.

Our players could have gone into that game with any attitude they like. The facts are they are not very good players, that isn’t changing.  I was relieved it was only six in the end and hope now we just forget about it, difficult as that will be given at Ibrox next.