Thistle vs Livingston - 5th October 2024

Result  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/24 at 14:00

13 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

I wonder if we will stick to the same shape as the last few weeks or if Doolan will change it up.
It makes us pretty solid defensively, but it is not lending itself to us being creative going forward. 

Reckon he goes back to his old faithful 4-3-3 for this game. Obviously any win will do but we really could do with showing some creative spark, we’ve been absolutely shocking to watch so far this season and I can’t imagine a match against Davie Martindale’s Livingston changing that much. 

Should have Robinson back for this but guess he might be unlikely to come in from the off, which is a shame as he’s the best at linking up with Graham (who, whatever one thinks of his form this season, has undeniably been starved of any service, decent or otherwise, so far). 

On 30/09/2024 at 11:49, JD and associates said:

These will be the top 2 at the end of the season

🤣🤣

I don't know if some Livi fans are taking the piss or being kind, but honestly when you watch us on Saturday all of those opinions will be different. 

This has 1-0 or 2-0 to Livi written all over it. 

There are slow starts and the team "not gelled yet". This is neither of those. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

🤣🤣

I don't know if some Livi fans are taking the piss or being kind, but honestly when you watch us on Saturday all of those opinions will be different. 

This has 1-0 or 2-0 to Livi written all over it. 

There are slow starts and the team "not gelled yet". This is neither of those. 

Dunno why, but a mate has talked me into going to this one, from what you Thistle fans are saying, and how we've been playing in the first half of every game, this is going to need a lot of pre match alcohol.

Our tactics seem to be, playing a slugging match first half, having both teams using a lot of energy, then when we bring on our subs we score some goals.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Have seen enough of us this season to beleive a Livi victory is the only likely outcome.Only glimmer of hope is a return to 433 and Robinson(if fit) behind our lone striker.Would like to see Ablade getting the nod but can't see that happening as BBG seems undropable.

Livi defo the dark horses in this bonkers league as they quietly go about grinding out the points as everyone else,at the moment, can't see beyond Ayr and Falkirk .

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno why, but a mate has talked me into going to this one, from what you Thistle fans are saying, and how we've been playing in the first half of every game, this is going to need a lot of pre match alcohol.

Our tactics seem to be, playing a slugging match first half, having both teams using a lot of energy, then when we bring on our subs we score some goals.

Apparently quite a lot are heading thru early for pre-match beverages.

21 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

I've booked a mini bus to drop us off at the Royalty Bar pre-match. Always good hospitality in there, probably stay in there all afternoon and f**k the match off haha 

Big team / religion / stance on the Middle East / monarchy / Brexit found ;)

Edited by Fuctifano

On 01/10/2024 at 00:55, JagsCG said:

Reckon he goes back to his old faithful 4-3-3 for this game. Obviously any win will do but we really could do with showing some creative spark, we’ve been absolutely shocking to watch so far this season and I can’t imagine a match against Davie Martindale’s Livingston changing that much. 

Should have Robinson back for this but guess he might be unlikely to come in from the off, which is a shame as he’s the best at linking up with Graham (who, whatever one thinks of his form this season, has undeniably been starved of any service, decent or otherwise, so far). 

Robinson would be bursting to score against us, he had a wee purple patch scoring for fun in the top flight with us, but then got subbed off after being subbed on in a game, and was raging, threw s strop and didn't play for us again. He'll be wanting to get it right up Martindale. 

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Robinson would be bursting to score against us, he had a wee purple patch scoring for fun in the top flight with us, but then got subbed off after being subbed on in a game, and was raging, threw s strop and didn't play for us again. He'll be wanting to get it right up Martindale. 

I think the issue with Robinson was down to wages. His agent apparently got in his ear that Stevie Lawson was earning more than him while not playing. Robinson didn't like that and his attitude changed overnight from what I've heard.

15 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

The lack of coloured dots in the title is making me overlook this thread. I'll probably completely forget about the game until I get a "12' 0-1 Kelly (pen)" notification.

I'm not even sure who would take a penalty for us this season. Muirhead and May would probably be the prime candidates.

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think the issue with Robinson was down to wages. His agent apparently got in his ear that Stevie Lawson was earning more than him while not playing. Robinson didn't like that and his attitude changed overnight from what I've heard.

I'm not even sure who would take a penalty for us this season. Muirhead and May would probably be the prime candidates.

That's agents for you, unsettling players to get them to move and earn the agents more money off them, c***s.

Aye Muirhead and May have both taken over free kicks from Kelly, all 3 are good at taking set pieces from what i've seen.