Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline Athletic - Basement Dwellers Collide~!

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

What a honking rabble of a line up that is. What a job McPake has done.

I despair, that line up has failed in the past, why the feck does he think it’ll work this time?  wighton starting when most feel young Taylor should get the opportunity, Chalmers starting when Cooper gets left on the bench. I know Tobi is out but I would rather see Briggs than Mehmet in goal. 
I really hope it’s enough to prevent us getting beat, and I’ll be stunned if we win, but I’m glad I decided to go out on the bike instead of going to the game. 
none the less……COYP. 

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No comments since the game started? That bad? Sounds like our penalty was a bit generous but I'll take it.

Penalty did seem on initial viewing to be very generous indeed. From my seat in the centre of the home stand it appeared that Johnston made contact with the ball but I'm prepared to be shown to be wrong. 

Airdrie playing the better of the little football on display and the referee has been honking. Spoke to Kane very early and theatrically made everyone in the ground aware that he wasn't to expect any further leeway. Cue Kane making 3 fouls in quick succession with each being given as a free kick and nothing further done followed by Watson for Airdrie conceding his first free kick and being shown the yellow card. Airdrie corner and the Dunfermline defender as well as the Airdrie player spoken to for grappling and as soon as they walk away from the ref the defender has his arms wrapped around the Airdrie player and the ref does nothing. He's absolutely f**king clueless and I'll stick by that opinion even if he rewards us in the second half. Some of these officials are an embarrassment to the game.

Edited by Mybitchunderprotest
Spelling

A pretty unpleasant game between two poor teams.

Airdrie have had the better chances. They should have scored from a move that began in their own box. They simply had one guy unmarked and that was enough to move the ball up the pitch to a good shooting opportunity.

McPake is dangerously close to utilising Todd like Hughes did.

Even if we win here, McPake has to leave.

As an aside, we spoke McPake's former babysitter earlier in the Imperial Bar. Make your own jokes (we did). 

This is beyond brutal now. I wasn’t at the game so done know how the starting lineup faired, but it’s a lineup that’s been used to no avail before, yet our manager seems to think it’s good enough to win a game. 

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

There was a point in the second half when we were pretty far into Airdires half and McPake was gesruring to play the ball back to Mehmet. 

Depressing stuff.

Aww! Please tell me you are joking here? 

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Maybe Airdire have something they can pull out the bag but that looked like we'll almost certainly be the bottom 2.   

Yeah I thought the same. You’d think Raith will have enough quality to kick on a bit at some point, while Morton and Accies seem to consistently pick up points here and there. That was two poor teams who don’t have a lot going for them. I don’t think Dunfermline threatened too much and Airdrie perhaps edged things overall but neither team deserved a win there. 

I thought it was notable that both teams started with limited but physical strikers on their own and ended the game with a load of wee guys who are quick but can’t hold the ball up at all. It was very much a game there for the taking but neither side had the quality to do it.

For us it’s still a case of stick in there until January and address the key issues within the squad. For Dunfermline, seems quite evident that McPake has run his course and something needs to change. That doesn’t seem particularly likely to happen though.

Two dreadful teams. Architects of our own downfall though by gifting players the freedom of the whole world at the back post constantly. Surprised Airdrie only managed to capitalise once. Draw probably fair result, but Airdrie fans will feel they could have snatched it. 

We have a squad that a decent manager would do well with IMO. It's all on the manager how bad we play. It's only a matter of time before he gets the bullet, and he probably knows it. 

Yeah he needs to just f**k off now. Put any of our more experienced players in the dugout on an interim basis and guaranteed we won't be any worse than this.

Edited by da_no_1

Hope the Dunfermline fan that became unwell is doing ok and currently joking that at least they saved their eyes from bleeding having to watch the game.

Penalty decision looked extremely soft but will wait and see highlights before passing judgement. Thought Airdrie were the more likely of two poor teams to claim the 3 points but a draw probably fair result. Disappointed to have picked up what could be another bad injury this time to Reid who was starting to impress.

Edited by Caro-Kann