Rovers v Spiders

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Easton daft to get sent off for dissent but the decision to award Queen’s Park a free kick right before it was mind boggling, genuinely scratching your head stuff, nae wonder Easton was annoyed. Referee was f**king abysmal the entire game. 

It was up the far end, but it looked like a shoulder challenge that he was penalised for. Ref showed a yellow first. Was that for the shoulder challenge or for initial dissent? Then he gets a red, presumably for continuing to slag the ref. Wonder what he said?

1 hour ago, embow said:

Manager assures everyone that things will definitely be better as the season progresses. The breaks will apparently come. Currently, I'm not haudin' ma breath on that one.🥺

We are clunky in our attacks. There was one move today in the second half where we get upfield on the left, then we turn back on ourselves, do three wee short passes, then hoof it 40 yards into the box. It’s hit and hope stuff. If the manager thinks that’s just not getting the breaks he’s kidding himself on. It’s just poor football. Admittedly the first half was better but we still struggled to score from open play.

That was only my third game of the season - an away friendly and two home league games - if that’s how we’re playing I’m in no rush to get back.

If we are struggling to win at home and losing all our away games, that’s a relegation season. The manager needs to come up with a way to win. He’s only been in the door a matter of weeks, but we have to manage to score goals from open play more often.

If we do end up getting relegated, then I’ll be out with a poster saying @Ro Sham Bo was right.

Edited by Scary Bear

If this was snakes and ladders we were on 84 before the game and ended up on 52. I hope Callum is enjoying watching his defence getting all this practise at defending but it would be nice if we could have a bit more up front too please. I felt Rovers were ripe for the beating after our goal and there was at least 3 players underperforming who could have stepped out when we had momentum. Evans and Drozd provided more danger to Raith in their few minutes than Duncan and MacGregor had the rest of the game.

Positives were seeing Cal back at his best and the two central defenders so stoic in their role. And great to see Jack back on the pitch. MotM: Zak Rudden for some clever play today and his polite applause to the Raith supporters for their enduring support. The man’s a Corinthian at heart.

Raith fans; you’re absolutely fine. Just need a wee polish on the finishing. You finished seventh two years ago in Murray’s first year and got the benefit of that last season. 

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It was up the far end, but it looked like a shoulder challenge that he was penalised for. Ref showed a yellow first. Was that for the shoulder challenge or for initial dissent? Then he gets a red, presumably for continuing to slag the ref. Wonder what he said?

The first yellow was an instant reaction to him throwing a fit and stoating the ball. Just a few mins earlier he’d done a rain dance right in front of the ref when a penalty decision went against Raith and the ref gave him a glower so that was probably in his mind. Then as Easton walked past the ref something was said and the ref got his red out. It might be he was so annoyed he forgot in the moment to flash the yellow first but as it happened, it was a straight red. Either way, it’s a one match ban (A5 or A6).

image.thumb.png.2fa9487c15fff886a89561ea87064798.png

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The first yellow was an instant reaction to him throwing a fit and stoating the ball. Just a few mins earlier he’d done a rain dance right in front of the ref when a penalty decision went against Raith and the ref gave him a glower so that was probably in his mind. Then as Easton walked past the ref something was said and the ref got his red out. It might be he was so annoyed he forgot in the moment to flash the yellow first but as it happened, it was a straight red. Either way, it’s a one match ban (A5 or A6).

image.thumb.png.2fa9487c15fff886a89561ea87064798.png

It did just look like a standard shoulder challenge, so I can see why he would be annoyed. Did it look a foul from your end?

If it was just a second yellow then there was more of a delay than usual in that type of situation in getting the red out.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It did just look like a standard shoulder challenge, so I can see why he would be annoyed. Did it look a foul from your end?

If it was just a second yellow then there was more of a delay than usual in that type of situation in getting the red out.

Ref was very close to it. Players can kick lumps out of each other and nothing given but lo and behold anyone who shows dissent to an official. All teams suffer from that. Surprised the groundsman didn’t get booked for having a wee gap in the net at kick-off.

43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We are clunky in our attacks. There was one move today in the second half where we get upfield on the left, then we turn back on ourselves, do three wee short passes, then hoof it 40 yards into the box. It’s hit and hope stuff. If the manager thinks that’s just not getting the breaks he’s kidding himself on. It’s just poor football. Admittedly the first half was better but we still struggled to score from open play.

That was only my third game of the season - an away friendly and two home league games - if that’s how we’re playing I’m in no rush to get back.

If we are struggling to win at home and losing all our away games, that’s a relegation season. The manager needs to come up with a way to win. He’s only been in the door a matter of weeks, but we have to manage to score goals from open play more often.

If we do end up getting relegated, then I’ll be out with a poster saying @Ro Sham Bo was right.

Good to hear as its supporters we want

Happy with a point. Again, like a few of the positive results we’ve picked up recently, I doubt we’d of got anything from that last season. Particularly encouraging that was without our biggest attacking threats in turner and Thomas. 

Raith definitely had the better of it first half but I never got the impression that they were playing particularly well. It felt more a case of we were just playing worse than them. We Couldn’t really get much control of the game and seemed to lose the ball in dangerous areas. Murray in particular for the first time in a QP jersey looked a bit all over the place.

We reacted so much better in the 2nd half and deservedly got an equaliser. Not the prettiest goal you’ll ever see but they all count. Didn’t kick on as much as I thought we would from the goal but we looked marginally more likely to get the next goal I’d say. 

Dylan Easton once again being the tube he is. Not surprising at all. Really talented but I just can’t stand the guys antics. It’s never changed. Was delighted to see the red card

Some decent performances from Ferrie and Rudden by my MOTM goes to Will Tizzard. Came on leaps and bounds under Davidson and was excellent again. He’s added more aggression to his game and now knows the balance of passing the ball out and clearing your lines when necessary. His mini celebration to the fans when winning a foul in the dying moments of the game epitomised the confidence he’s got in himself now. Changed days from when he was hooked mid first half on tv against Airdrie 

Still have big question marks over Macgregor and Duncan. Both work their socks off but lack that edge. Macgregor especially is brushed off the ball so easily. Liked the look of Evans up top on early viewing and even though it was only a few minutes, Drozd showed glimpses of excitement. 

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, qpfc said:

We reacted so much better in the 2nd half and deservedly got an equaliser. Not the prettiest goal you’ll ever see but they all count. Didn’t kick on as much as I thought we would from the goal but we looked marginally more likely to get the next goal I’d say. 

Some decent performances from Ferrie

No.

You hardly created anything and your goal was a lucky deflection. We missed several good chances, and your reference to Ferrie says how much involved he had to be.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If this was snakes and ladders we were on 84 before the game and ended up on 52. I hope Callum is enjoying watching his defence getting all this practise at defending but it would be nice if we could have a bit more up front too please. I felt Rovers were ripe for the beating after our goal and there was at least 3 players underperforming who could have stepped out when we had momentum. Evans and Drozd provided more danger to Raith in their few minutes than Duncan and MacGregor had the rest of the game.

Positives were seeing Cal back at his best and the two central defenders so stoic in their role. And great to see Jack back on the pitch. MotM: Zak Rudden for some clever play today and his polite applause to the Raith supporters for their enduring support. The man’s a Corinthian at heart.

Raith fans; you’re absolutely fine. Just need a wee polish on the finishing. You finished seventh two years ago in Murray’s first year and got the benefit of that last season. 

Noticed in Davidson's interview that he stated he wanted his attacks to be more direct and not just passing for passings sake, (complete antithesis of the Veldman era).  All fine and good but if that manifests itself like it did towards the end today of Ferrie just lumping it up in the general direction of Rudden, it's going to get pretty boring pretty quickly. 

Tizzard deserves all the praise he's getting; making good decisions and doing the basics well and actually looked the more composed of the two CB's today.  Noticed that when we defended we became quite narrow so perhaps the added protection of Kerr has helped.  Thought MacGregor grew into the game more when he swapped with Logridge and that seemed also to allow Fieldson to become more effective and threatening.  

Main positive as others have said a point gained which would have been three lost last year with an understregth side.

That’s a f**king handball at the end. Between conceding from a ridiculous deflection nearly every week and not getting stonewall penalties multiple times this season, we’ve all the luck and hallmarks of a side in a relegation battle. I’ve seen Euan Murray penalised for handball for that exact motion that we didn’t get today. Nae wonder the players are f**king fuming. 

Having seen the replay there, you can argue that his arm is in a natural position based on the movement, which is the law as it stands..as stupid as it is given that when standing, a natural position is as unnatural as you can get with hands behind your back. 

We created some good chances to win that game, Hamilton skying it from 8 yards is criminal, has to hit the target. Similarly first half when clean through, you're not beating a keeper as good as Ferrie with a shot like that, had to get it over him and across the goal. 

Need to find some consistency and more importantly composure in front of goal quickly.