Stirling Albion FC vs Clyde FC - 19/10/24

1 minute ago, Replays said:

Forgot to mention, I still can’t believe the referee didn’t blow for handball for the third Stirling goal.

Yeah, this was absolutely crazy. There was another instance where the ball was played through and the ball cannoned up off the referee sending the Stirling player through but it wasn’t brought back for a drop. Like you say, it wouldn’t have helped things, but incredibly frustrating nonetheless.

16 minutes ago, Replays said:

Whilst McCall’s demeanour didn’t personally bother me too much, a manager who came across as giving a toss would probably be welcome after his predecessor.

McCall's demeanor wouldn't have bothered me much either IF he had managed to back it up by actually being the slightest bit competent. You cannot get away with acting all cocky and blasé when you're absolutely shite at your job.

2 hours ago, Replays said:

We looked a dreadful side today. Very disorganised and lacking any kind of identity. Our game-plan seemed to centre around trying to either fling a big diagonal out to the wing, or play a ball to Allan over the top, both of which were completely ineffective. The players are clearly short on confidence, but they also look a poorly coached side who have no real idea what’s being asked of them. Any new manager in the door has to get a style across quickly to these players, appreciating that he’ll only have a couple of nights a week to work with them. Certainly, based on his selection today, I hope we’re not considering Scally for the manager’s job.

In saying that, regardless of failings in management and coaching, some of these players need to take a good look at themselves. Guys like Houston, Robson, McKay, D. Lyon, Docherty, Connelly, and Allan, have all been a huge disappointment since they came in - thought it’s not an exhaustive list. We were bullied today and Stirling Albion worked harder for the three points than we did. The midfield three of Cuddihy, Murdoch, and Darren Lyon didn’t work at all and they lost the physical battle in the middle of the pitch. They’re all too similar players in that area and for all we signed several bodies in midfield, and it’s not a bad thing (on paper) to do, they’re all just a much of muchness. Darren Lyon’s performance was particularly poor, he’s one I’ve been really disappointed in so far, but it’s worth remembering he bit the bullet in this week’s game of number 10 roulette.

Hemfrey has generally been fine since coming in but was at sixes and sevens today. The two centre-halves were horrendous. I’m not a fan of Paul McKay in there. His performance in the East Fife game alongside Howie was comedic, though him and Hamilton gave that a run for its money today. My only possible defence of McKay for his error for Stirling’s second was he lost flight of it in the sun but having the two centre-halves competing for the same ball is amateur stuff. Hamilton’s another one who had an absolute stinker and it’s clear now that for all his aggression, his lack of comparative height for a centre-half can let him down at times. Houston’s been another big disappointment so far. He had a decent start to things here but has dropped off badly. I wouldn’t be against shifting Ross Lyon back over to right back and bringing Robson back in on the left, though it would make our back line even smaller. Whilst he’d certainly add height, I’m not in a hurry to see Dunachie there again. Whilst looking like prime Drogba at times during his early stint upfront I’m now left wondering what his role is going forward. He’s obviously signed a new long-term deal, but he’s definitely not a full-back, the experiment with playing him upfront hasn’t worked (I think teams wisened up to it pretty quickly), and I don’t think he’s a good enough centre-half. In saying that, I don’t think he’d have been any worse than what we saw there today.

Jordan Allan’s been a frustrated figure in recent weeks and I do understand it to an extent. His game’s generally about playing on the shoulder of the defenders and trying to get in behind but he’s been so easy to mark out of games with no support around him. I’m not even too bothered about the fact he seems to be spending more time offside than on at the moment as he does only have to get the break once or twice a game but, in saying that, the rest of his game really is painfully limited. His link up play has been pretty poor and he’s lacking the aggression to win the ball in-front of defenders and buy a foul or hold it up that he was pretty effective at last season. I don’t know if he’s frustrated, lacking confidence, or needing to get the fire back in his belly, but you can’t help but wonder if a fresh start would maybe have been the better thing for his career. Obviously I hope I’m wrong and a fresh face in the dugout can get him back to his best but he’s offering little at the moment. Robbie Leitch is another one who is just painfully inconsistent. I actually felt he had a decent game against Spartans but despite taking his goal well today, he was pretty anonymous otherwise. Shirking out a 50-50 in the second half is never going to endear you to supporters when you’re down the bottom end of the league either. Another one I think we would have hoped for more from.

It’s hard to see what we really being to SPFL at the moment. No ground, stuck down the bottom of Tier 4 again, no real community engagement (through not having a home), an extremely loyal but small fanbase. Combine that with the overspend of an already large budget, and the constant feeding of nonsense from the collective BoD (a new director appointed this week without even as much as an email update this time - which I notice seem to have stopped again?), it’s all very predictable and depressing. However, if Darren Young was in attendance today, hopefully that’s a sign that we’re trying to get him in rather than he fancied seeing his old team. He’s probably the outstanding candidate for the position as there’s nobody else available that really inspires confidence. It’s not too late to turn the season around, but whoever the manager turns out to be will have a sizeable task on their hands. Whilst McCall’s demeanour didn’t personally bother me too much, a manager who came across as giving a toss would probably be welcome after his predecessor.

Darren Young would be a good shout. He doesn't come cheap though. 

6 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

McCall's demeanor wouldn't have bothered me much either IF he had managed to back it up by actually being the slightest bit competent. You cannot get away with acting all cocky and blasé when you're absolutely shite at your job.

I'd even forgive the Board and the CIC set up and all it's shackles if we were near the top of league 1.......but we aren't and the only respite in the past 10 years or so is when an outsider from the cabal took over as Chairman and set the conditions for promotion out of league 2.

As someone else said, £what relevance do we now have in Scottish football"....no ground, bottom of the league, no manager, no chairman, no finance director, no engagement with supposed owners, no engagement with fans, a poor match day experience at NDP despite all the fan-faring on leaving Broadwood. It is a shambles throughout and from what I see on media and from what I am hearing, the anger is swiftly turning to indifference by the support.

Just to clarify for the Stirling support, since more than one of you seems to be asking now.

Yes, all of your players are still crap and no we wouldn't take a single one for our team. We will see you again in January to reiterate this and hand over 3 points yet again.

11 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

🤣🤣🤣

Clyde fans. Never change. 

So, at the start of the season you’d look at both teams starting 11s and you’d take a Stirling player over any of Clyde’s starting 11? Even Stirling fans hadn’t heard of half your squad a month ago.

Clyde aren’t bad because the players are shite, they’re obviously not, we’re bad because it’s a poorly put together squad that’s been badly managed since.

Since we last played each other, I’ve been pretty pragmatic and complimentary about Maybury and his Stirling team, but feel free to hone in to a very specific, out of context part of what I said which doesn’t illustrate my point whatsoever. Very odd bunch.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

5 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

Just to clarify for the Stirling support, since more than one of you seems to be asking now.

Yes, all of your players are still crap and no we wouldn't take a single one for our team. We will see you again in January to reiterate this and hand over 3 points yet again.

Jesus wept.. 😂

1 hour ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

They are incapable of change and that is why football would be better off without them.

Fecking delusional gypsy arseholes.

This site is an open forum so it would be wrong to moan about a Raith fan posting on our threads.

I have to say though, it's bizarre that you do so all the time but don't seem to have interacted with any of your own team's threads for half a year now though. 

47 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

It's travelling fraternity, not gypsy. Ya arsehole.

Sorry Mr Stonehouse but that's terrible language. You've got the same vowels following each other so you need an consonant in there to make it work. Therefore it should be - Yan arsehole or you'll get away with Ya n'arsehole.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

Sorry Mr Stonehouse but that's terrible language. You've got the same vowels following each other so you need an consonant in there to make it work. Therefore it should be - Yan arsehole or you'll get away with Ya n'arsehole.

Currently watching Still Game and their patter transferred to here!