9  Eating on the Tube

10 - Personalised number plates

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove

12 - Hot tubs

13 - The Great British Bake Off

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas

15 - Buying portraits

16 - Salted caramel

2. I love a bar of soap in the shower/bath but liquid soap is the go to after using the toilet.

5. Yes, one in my bedroom.

8. I hate both, but would drink prosecco before champagne.

11. Browse TSPC more than anything else, but aye, do have a look.

12. Love a wee hot tub lodge holiday.

14. Wearing them as I type.

6/16.

3 i think, unless getting the kids'school photo counts as buying a portrait. In which case, four. 

My list-

Opening one's own front door to unexpected callers due to the absence of suitable domestic staff. 

Working for a salary or to earn income through trading or a profession. 

Having parents from different families. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Renowned etiquette expert William Hanson has put forward 16 signs that you are 'common'.

In the context of people like Hanson, 'common' means behaviour lacking in sophistication or manners.

Here are the 16 - 

1 - Tie clips

2 - Liquid soap

3 - Eating on the street

4 - Holding a knife like a pen

5 - Mounted televsions

6 - Applying make-up in public

7 - Gin and tonic

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne

9  Eating on the Tube

10 - Personalised number plates

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove

12 - Hot tubs

13 - The Great British Bake Off

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas

15 - Buying portraits

16 - Salted caramel

I personally score a mere three on the common scale - I hit points 2, 11 and 14.  

How do P&Bers score on this highly important scale?  

Who do P&Bers consider common?

Tie clips .. No

Liquid soap .. Yes

Eating on the street  .. yes

Poor knife skills .. probably 

Mounted telly .. no

Applying make up in public... nope

Gin and tonic .. never tried gin 

Prosecco... never tried it

Eating on the tube ... if it's not too busy. 

Personalised plates .. no

Zo9pla rightmost.. yes

Hot tubs ... not yet. 

Bake off ... never watched it

Trainers adidas... been a few years

Portrait.. no

Salted caramel  .. no

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Assuming these are things which are signs of being common if you participate/indulge/consume, then 

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. No

5. No

6. No

7. No

8. No

9. No

10. No

11. No

12. No

13. No

14. No

15. No

16. No

2/16. I'm posher than the the f**king Royals 🫣

Off topic, but this is my number 1 pet peeve on Pie and Bovril. When people answer a list of questions/prompts, but don't also copy/quote what they are answering. You are expecting the reader to remember what number 9 is in a list of 16 questions they read one time? f**k off.

Have a red dot for your troubles. 😡

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Renowned etiquette expert William Hanson has put forward 16 signs that you are 'common'.

In the context of people like Hanson, 'common' means behaviour lacking in sophistication or manners.

Here are the 16 - 

1 - Tie clips- I like a tie clip. I think it looks smart. Perhaps you get right neddy ones with a sovereign in the middle

2 - Liquid soap- So clarty, cracked bars of soap with pubes on them isn't common? 

3 - Eating on the street -Not something I do often

4 - Holding a knife like a pen - what about penknifes then, eh? 

5 - Mounted televsions - Televisions are rather common to us Radio 3 listeners (and even that's going down market these days)

6 - Applying make-up in public - Not something I do. Except on a Saturday night..

7 - Gin and tonic - I always thought that was quite posh. Compared to drinking buckie or alcopops anyway

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne - Don't care for either particularly

9  Eating on the Tube - Cannibals- eating tubes is common too. Stick to missionaries. 

10 - Personalised number plates - unless your number plate is Great Grandfather's on his Rolls Royce Silver Ghost

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove - Haven't used either

12 - Hot tubs - I've never been in a hot tub

13 - The Great British Bake Off- Can't say I've ever watched it. 

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas - Stout brogues only for me. Handed down from Great-Grandfather

15 - Buying portraits - I'm trying to work this one out. Is buying a Gainsborough portrait common? Is it posher to commission a family portrait by an oil painter? 

16 - Salted caramel Can't stand the stuff myself. Ordinary caramel is pretty common too tbf. 

I personally score a mere three on the common scale - I hit points 2, 11 and 14.  

How do P&Bers score on this highly important scale?  

Who do P&Bers consider common?

Supporting either of the Cheeks- common

Driving an SUV that isn't Great Grandfather's Range Rover which is over 50 years old and you need arms like Desperate Dan to steer - common

Having a cousin who is also your sister but you're from landed gentry - Posh

Having a cousin who is also your sister but you're from Fife - Common

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Off topic, but this is my number 1 pet peeve on Pie and Bovril. When people answer a list of questions/prompts, but don't also copy/quote what they are answering. You are expecting the reader to remember what number 9 is in a list of 16 questions they read one time? f**k off.

Handing out red dots = common :P

19 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

The best one I read from (I think) Alan Clark's Diary was:

"He looks like the sort of chap who has to buy his own furniture".

That was a slur about Michael Heseltine. 

I have inherited furniture. It's terrible 1950s crap but does the job. 

10 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Not really. You can go back and read it as often as you like if you are really, really that bothered. 😀

Oh, and since I only actually answered "yes" to two suggestions, all you need to do is go look at those pre-armed with the knowledge that you can discount absolutely everything else.

So it's actually a moan over two question, not sixteen, you lazy sod.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Not really. You can go back and read it as often as you like if you are really, really that bothered. 😀

So you want the reader to go the bother of having to scroll back up to the top of thread everytime every time you give an answer to the question? 

Please improve your forum etiquette, this makes for a terrible reading experience. In this of all threads, about etiquette and decency I implore you to please do better. Thank you.

Android phones are generally for pensioners - font size increased to the max so there’s about one word per screen - or complete oddballs.

Clothing that makes you common: Palm Angels (specifically the t shirt with the teddy bear with his head cut off), Represent, ‘cargos’, ‘White Fox’ hoodies. 

Sent from my iPhone.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

So you want the reader to go the bother of having to scroll back up to the top of thread everytime every time you give an answer to the question? 

Please improve your forum etiquette, this makes for a terrible reading experience. In this of all threads, about etiquette and decency I implore you to please do better. Thank you.

Don't be daft.

You can open the OP in a second tab, then just flick between the two to refresh your goldfishian memory. 👍

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Android phones are generally for pensioners - font size increased to the max so there’s about one word per screen - or complete oddballs.

Clothing that makes you common: Palm Angels (specifically the t shirt with the teddy bear with his head cut off), Represent, ‘cargos’, ‘White Fox’ hoodies. 

Sent from my iPhone.

iPhones are for people lacking in intelligence who are suckered in by branding and advertising, and who lack the technical knowledge to understand Android phones are far better value for money. Not sure that iPhone users will care right enough given that its a fashion accessory for most of these people.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

I'm going to assume you've never seen a Doro phone. Androids are like something out of the year 3000 by comparison.

Most young people use iPhones. No idea what a Doro phone is & don’t care to investigate.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

iPhones are for people lacking in intelligence who are suckered in by branding and advertising, and who lack the technical knowledge to understand Android phones are far better value for money. Not sure that iPhone users will care right enough given that it’s a fashion accessory for most of these people.

Read this post in the dweebiest voice imaginable.