Are you common?

ICTChris

12 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Android phones are generally for pensioners - font size increased to the max so there’s about one word per screen - or complete oddballs.

Clothing that makes you common: Palm Angels (specifically the t shirt with the teddy bear with his head cut off), Represent, ‘cargos’, ‘White Fox’ hoodies. 

Sent from my iPhone.

I have an android but have turned the font size down to almost illegibly tiny, but only on my text messages. I've no idea how and can't turn it back. 

I also have an i phone. Its controls are wrong. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I have an android but have turned the font size down to almost illegibly tiny, but only on my text messages. I've no idea how and can't turn it back. 

Jives Miguel’s exhibit A of an android user with advanced technical knowledge.

50 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

The best one I read from (I think) Alan Clark's Diary was:

"He looks like the sort of chap who has to buy his own furniture".

I didn’t have to buy a lot of furniture when we bought our first place but it was mostly because my old bat worked in a sheltered housing and would volunteer to relocate belongings that the relatives of the deceased couldn’t be arsed doing.  Not sure if that’s posh or not. 

21 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Android phones are generally for pensioners - font size increased to the max so there’s about one word per screen - or complete oddballs.

You can do that with an iPhone; you can read my dad’s texts from a quarter of a mile away. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you more common the more things you tick off on the list or more posh? Ive no idea what it means.

The more things you do on the list the more common you are.

If you get 16/16 you are basically Tommy Fury.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Renowned etiquette expert William Hanson has put forward 16 signs that you are 'common'.

In the context of people like Hanson, 'common' means behaviour lacking in sophistication or manners.

Here are the 16 - 

1 - Tie clips

2 - Liquid soap

3 - Eating on the street

4 - Holding a knife like a pen

5 - Mounted televsions

6 - Applying make-up in public

7 - Gin and tonic

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne

9  Eating on the Tube

10 - Personalised number plates

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove

12 - Hot tubs

13 - The Great British Bake Off

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas

15 - Buying portraits

16 - Salted caramel

I personally score a mere three on the common scale - I hit points 2, 11 and 14.  

How do P&Bers score on this highly important scale?  

Who do P&Bers consider common?

Is his suggestion that doing any of these means you are common?

I score 3, same as you - no idea what this means, but the guy who compiled this list is definitely OFTW.

44 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

2 and 7 for me I would say.

Do posh folk use bars of soap? Or are they just smelly b*****ds?

Just what you need. Some rancid guy with his hands covered in puke, piss and shit goes to wash their hands using the bar of soap. You then use the facilities after them, and pick up the same bar to "clean" yourself with. 

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Renowned etiquette expert William Hanson has put forward 16 signs that you are 'common'.

In the context of people like Hanson, 'common' means behaviour lacking in sophistication or manners.

Here are the 16 - 

1 - Tie clips

2 - Liquid soap

3 - Eating on the street

4 - Holding a knife like a pen

5 - Mounted televsions

6 - Applying make-up in public

7 - Gin and tonic

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne

9  Eating on the Tube

10 - Personalised number plates

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove

12 - Hot tubs

13 - The Great British Bake Off

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas

15 - Buying portraits

16 - Salted caramel

I personally score a mere three on the common scale - I hit points 2, 11 and 14.  

How do P&Bers score on this highly important scale?  

Who do P&Bers consider common?

1 for me. Nr 2

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Fake tan, turkey teeth, playing Candy Crush, every wall in the house some shade of grey, crushed velvet everywhere, giant transparent wall clocks, enormous televisions, grown adults going to the local shop on a mountain bike or e-scooter, grown men dressed entirely in JD Sports finest, loud conversations on phones on public transport, the Peaky Blinders haircut, modded cheap shite cars, smoking weed in the street, watching braindead reality shite like Love Island, and giving your kids the same name as 95% of every other kid born that year except adding in random letters and giving them "unique" but ridiculous spellings, bonus chav points if it's hyphenated with "mai" or "mae" on the end. Oh, and devil dugs and staffies, especially if your idea of exercising them involves booting them into a communal green and standing plastering aboot on your phone while they shit everywhere.

That's just off the top of my head. 

"who" not "what"

And even by your list, I'm still not commo.