Aberdeen Vs Dundee United

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nah I think this has got nil nil written all over it.

Both sets of fans probably relishing or dreading this fixture.

I can't think of a time when Aberdeen has been in form and we've went and knocked them off their run.

Can't think of a time when United have been doing decent and Aberdeen do the same.

Oh wait.

2015 LC semi? United were also doing well then, but Aberdeen as holders and favourites, with probably our biggest ever number of fans we've taken to a semi-final in the modern day, were expected to win.

Scott Brown (the goalkeeper) managing to somehow dive out of the way of the winner.

Was hoping for revenge this year only for Motherwell to knock you out.

This is normally a sticky fixture for AFC, albeit for one reason or another this match doesn’t seem to have happened so much in recent seasons.

Yinitit traditionally enjoy handing out the odd kidney punch to any AFC side that gets ideas above its station - and have always done so in my lifetime watching the reds.

If we (to use Jimmy’s words) stay humble, focused and stick to the gameplan - we should have enough to squeeze out a narrow win.

Great kick off time.

Oh Lordie, OP should of said New Firm derby not north east derby, 

Here is how I think this game will go...

This will be a backs to the wall stodgy type performance from United as Goodwin will set up the team to have 11 men behind the ball at all times.

If Docherty is missing again then we will be over run in midfield if we are playing Babunski in there. Aberdeen will have about 65 percent possession and will play infront of us most of the game. 

Can't see us having too many goal scoring opportunities here so is Imperative we take our chances when they fall to us. I expect there to be an overreliance on Ferry and Trapa for all our creativity on the left hand side unless he is playing Middleton out there and Trapa on the right.

Hopefully Moult is back as he holds the ball up a lot better than Dalby or failing that VDS needs to start this for his work ethic more than anything else.

Think Aberdeen will win this by a couple of goals - 3-1 or 2-0.

8 hours ago, velo army said:

Sorry for the weegie ignorance, but where do Dundonians stand on the chipper/chippy nomenclature? Does it vary depending on your orientation to Dobbies or does the chipper belt start a bit further north?

Chipper and roundabouts. 

6 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

If this was the final game of the season and Aberdeen could pinch the league from the arse cheeks I would quite happily take a thumping defeat but its not so hopefully we nick the points with another 99th minute goal.

The only way that a non Old Firm title win/challenge can become reality is for Aberdeen ( in this instance) to win ever game against the rest and hope for a decent slice of fortune/fairness in their matches against the bigots. Saying you want your team to beat Aberdeen is saying you want Celtic to win the league.