Lavvy v 'Busted Flush' Raith - Sat 26th October '24

Monday and no topic.... O_o

First half on Saturday we played really well, and but for our players having the finishing ability of Stevie Wonder, we should have won it comfortably.

The home game v Livvy we should have taken something from.  About their only chance, they scored.  However, they seem to be grinding out wins, so won't be easy.

We really need to get our new striker registered before Saturday and hope that he hits the ground running.  Surely he cannot be another Stevie Wonder in front of goal?

Think this will be a 1-1 draw.  Hoping beyond hope for a win that might kickstart us though.  However, our record at Almondvale Toni Macaroni nextdoor to Aldis Dome is piss poor.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

• Heid_The_Baw changed the title to Lavvy v 'Busted Flush' Raith - Sat 26th October '24

Two managers who prefer to have their teams play well for one half only. Potential for this to be a decent game.

Prior

Finlayson  -  Nottingham  -  McGowan  -  Montano*

Kelly  -  Brandon  -  Pittman

Muirhead  -  May  -  Sole

*Clarke if Montano's already finished for the season.

0-2 to Raith at HT, 3-2 Livi FT.

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Two managers who prefer to have their teams play well for one half only. Potential for this to be a decent game.

Prior

Whats wrong with Montano? In the reverse game he looked as if he'd never had a ball at his feet before after he came on, I recall he was just back from injury. Has he been injured again?

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Whats wrong with Montano? In the reverse game he looked as if he'd never had a ball at his feet before after he came on, I recall he was just back from injury. Has he been injured again?

Went off injured against Ayr. Cracking player once he gets going but unfortunately seems to be injured more often than not.

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Prior

Martindale is switching it up recntly, having us scoring goals in the first half, then shitfesting the 2nd half to see out the game, as oppossed to boring us to death 1st half, then bringing on the more attacking subs to have a go 2nd half and nick a win.

Maybe his plan is by January he'll combine both halves playing entertaining attacking football.

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Played fantastic against Partick and was just coming onto his game. Yeah once he's fit he's a brilliant player for us, but as LiviLion said, he's been out injured more than he's played the last season or two. When he goes down after a tackle you're going oh no not again.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Martindale is switching it up recntly, having us scoring goals in the first half, then shitfesting the 2nd half to see out the game, as oppossed to boring us to death 1st half, then bringing on the more attacking subs to have a go 2nd half and nick a win.

Maybe his plan is by January he'll combine both halves playing entertaining attacking football.

Or maybe he combines the other half of that and you just shitfest it for 90 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye, think that's what we did against Falkirk and got an away draw.

Only because the stand side Lino was unfit, not up with play & guessed to flag for a ball which had never crossed the line…..we wiz robbed of a legitimate goal.

I sense this is the day a proper football club comes good v Franchise Football in West Lothian & they will be dancing in the streets of Raith come 5pm.

12 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Only because the stand side Lino was unfit, not up with play & guessed to flag for a ball which had never crossed the line…..we wiz robbed of a legitimate goal.

I sense this is the day a proper football club comes good v Franchise Football in West Lothian & they will be dancing in the streets of Raith come 5pm.

You post about Livi more than I do

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

You post about Livi more than I do

Who are Livi…..🤔

I only know about franchise football in West Lothian…….who play at some stadium in……..West Lothian funnily enough……can’t recall its

name these days.

33 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Useful meme | Let it go meme, Funny memes, Frozen let it go

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

I mean, while that is a disappointment, its not the "only" reason you didn't win the game. There were 90 minutes and other chances that weren't taken. Similar to our draw with QP, we can lament a penalty not given, but we failed to score from many other chances too. Football isn't won or lost on a single bad decision, no matter how much we convince ourselves otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Who are Livi…..🤔

I only know about franchise football in West Lothian…….who play at some stadium in……..West Lothian funnily enough……can’t recall its

name these days.

Ferranti Thistle will rise again!

On to the game, we haven't scored away in the league since April so a goal here would be nice. Regardless of our minor improvement in form I think Livi are likely to win this one.

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Who are Livi…..🤔

name these days.

where the fcuk is Raith? Where are Kirkaldy Wanderers, or the ORIGINAL Raith Rovers that merged with cowdenbeath? 

Your flapping lips would do better to have actual pish coming out of them.

Your franchise sh!t is insufferable, that and the brazen arrogance on here makes me hope we utterly pump your lot. 

Edited by larry the lion

3 minutes ago, larry the lion said:

where the fcuk is Raith? Where are Kirkaldy Wanderers, or the ORIGINAL Raith Rovers that merged with cowdenbeath? 

Your flapping lips would do better to have actual pish coming out of them.

Your franchise sh!t is insufferable, that and the brazen arrogance on here makes me hope we utterly pump your lot. 

He's a Falkirk fan, but don't let that get in the way of a rant.