Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Funny bloke Dave Spikey I think.

I had a similar experience with Nigel Pavaro (Terry Duckworth in Corrie) quite a few years ago during the Edinburgh Fringe. I was on my way to Meadowbank Stadium where the then Meadowbank Thistle were playing QotS and Mr. Pavaro (and a couple of others) walked across the road in front of me. I had to brake hard but they carried on in ignorance.

He was a funny guy. And t.b f. he did look at me when I braked. It wasn't a grateful look though, considering i'd just saved his life.

When old people talk about "the good old days"

Really?

What the f**k is so good about them?

Everything I can think of and read about makes me so glad I was born in the 80s and not years earlier.

Also given the number of old guys who abused kids many moons ago, Was it just acceptable to be a creepy paedo back in "the good old days"

Fuxake.

^^^^^^^^^^ Raging ^^^^^^^^^^

When old people talk about "the good old days"

Really?

What the f**k is so good about them?

Everything I can think of and read about makes me so glad I was born in the 80s and not years earlier.

Also given the number of old guys who abused kids many moons ago, Was it just acceptable to be a creepy paedo back in "the good old days"

Fuxake.

^^^^^^^^^^ Raging ^^^^^^^^^^

We didn't have t'internet or xBoxes so a bit of being fiddled with counted as entertainment.

All the shite of the day rolls to me. Site guys, architects, clients, owners, designers, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, building control, banking, tax, accountants, all goes through me. I get to listen to the utter nonsense of everyone involved for only £250,000 per annum*.

*or possibly slightly less.

All the shite of the day rolls to me. Site guys, architects, clients, owners, designers, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, building control, banking, tax, accountants, all goes through me. I get to listen to the utter nonsense of everyone involved for only £250,000 per annum*.

*or possibly slightly less.

Has a burger van outside the site, I would reckon.

Has a burger van outside the site, I would reckon.

You know, if it wasn't for the early starts and smell of hot burger fat, I reckon one could make a decent living doing that, especially given how much the b*****ds charge when they've got your undivided attention like at gigs, fitba games, festivals etc.

You know, if it wasn't for the early starts and smell of hot burger fat, I reckon one could make a decent living doing that, especially given how much the b*****ds charge when they've got your undivided attention like at gigs, fitba games, festivals etc.

You may find the 'Insurance' for such businesses can be a bit steep in some areas.

You may find the 'Insurance' for such businesses can be a bit steep in some areas.

I had not considered the outside threats to the business from gangsters and the like. Thanks for setting me straight. I will now give up my dream of owning and operating a manky roll van.

I had not considered the outside threats to the business from gangsters and the like. Thanks for setting me straight. I will now give up my dream of owning and operating a manky roll van.

Being a bankie, surely you're aware of the Dave's Place/Burger van incident on Dumbarton Road?