Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Like 19QOS19 says, it might matter with coffee, chemical reactions and all that shite, I just can't see what difference it makes with tea. People who cause a fuss over it strike me as the sort of people who write Buzzfeed articles and bring a banana to the football for half time.

EDIT: Wid.

f**k coffee, it's shite. 

Now tea, the milk goes in teacup if the tea is brewed in the teapot. 

If the tea is made by teabag & brewed in the cup then the teabag & boiling water shall not be milk contaminated, if sugar is required that may be added. Milk cools the boiling water so must not be added whilst the teabag is in the infusion state. Remove the teabag then add milk. 

Simple. 

Grimbo 

ETA the brewing of tea is simple, not me before any wise FTFY fuckers try anything. 

This third runway nonsense. 

Can guarantee the people opposing it on noise pollution grounds are the wallopers who buy a house without researching where it is. The same kind of people who buy a house next to a fire station then complain about the sirens. 

Get it built, and build another runway at Gatwick and another at Birmingham whilst they're at it. In the nine years between today and the runway being operational at Heathrow, there'll be nine airports built in China.

With regards to the 'milk first' in tea making, I have always understood that this stemmed from not ruining bone china tea cups.

Apparently pouring the tea first caused staining to the cups, pouring the milk first somehow prevents this happening.

I do love the image of P&B's finest having a blazing row over the internet while delicately supping from the finest bone china teacups.

This could be the new dinner plate pics, people. Get your crockery in for review.

I do love the image of P&B's finest having a blazing row over the internet while delicately supping from the finest bone china teacups.

This could be the new dinner plate pics, people. Get your crockery in for review.

Any excuse for Gunther to shoehorn his wife into another photo, eh?

EDIT: tbh, I'd be a massive fan of a thread where we rate one another's cups of tea. No doubt someone will post some tragic, albino-shagging monstrosity with half a pint of milk in some weak as piss tea that's immediately lukewarm when served.