Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

You want to get your fucking priorities right. Job indeed!

Got my own office now, so it's fine, I can start skiving again. b*****ds keep giving me more responsibility though, they obviously give no consideration at all for my Pie and Bovril use, really eats into my web browsing / shit posting time.

I posted in here a few weeks ago (I think, may have been the quick question thread but I can't find the post in either topic) about how I was having to move out of my house whilst repairs were being done, and I was quite worried about where I'd end up.  There was a nice Pars fan (possibly Shandon Par) who told me not be shy about where they try and put me. I have a friend staying in my box room at the moment, so I was fighting for a 2 bedroom house so he could stay with me rather than having to go homeless but the insurer said that I only have a one bedroom and I am the only one covered so they would not approve anything more than a 1 bedroom.  Fair enough, they don't have a responsibility to house him, we'll just see what they offer I thought. They then tried to get me to put my cats into care for the duration of the stay, which I told them wouldn't be happening. After a couple of weeks back and forward, with them saying that moving out of town would be my best option, they phoned up late last week to offer me a 3 bedroom self catering apartment in a country house way up in the hills at the back of Dumbarton.  I move in this afternoon.

I'd just like to thank that Pars fan for his advice, I would more than likely have accepted there was nothing in Dumbarton for me and moved out of town. Instead, I'll have 3 months of peace and quiet in a lovely old house.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I posted in here a few weeks ago (I think, may have been the quick question thread but I can't find the post in either topic) about how I was having to move out of my house whilst repairs were being done, and I was quite worried about where I'd end up.  There was a nice Pars fan (possibly Shandon Par) who told me not be shy about where they try and put me. I have a friend staying in my box room at the moment, so I was fighting for a 2 bedroom house so he could stay with me rather than having to go homeless but the insurer said that I only have a one bedroom and I am the only one covered so they would not approve anything more than a 1 bedroom.  Fair enough, they don't have a responsibility to house him, we'll just see what they offer I thought. They then tried to get me to put my cats into care for the duration of the stay, which I told them wouldn't be happening. After a couple of weeks back and forward, with them saying that moving out of town would be my best option, they phoned up late last week to offer me a 3 bedroom self catering apartment in a country house way up in the hills at the back of Dumbarton.  I move in this afternoon.

I'd just like to thank that Pars fan for his advice, I would more than likely have accepted there was nothing in Dumbarton for me and moved out of town. Instead, I'll have 3 months of peace and quiet in a lovely old house.

good luck in Bellsmyre mate ;)

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Excellent news. Glad you got sorted out. 

The Counting House in Glasgow. Absolute scum bag city. Went in for breakfast yesterday around 1220 and had missed the breakfast menu. But after being told rather pointedly they weren't serving them up, continued to bring them out to other c***s much, much later. And the amount of chips you get aren't enough.
The staff are braindead and the general clientelle were utter jakeballs.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The Counting House in Glasgow. Absolute scum bag city. Went in for breakfast yesterday around 1220 and had missed the breakfast menu. But after being told rather pointedly they weren't serving them up, continued to bring them out to other c***s much, much later. And the amount of chips you get aren't enough.

There are countless (yass!) superior places to go nearby.  You got what you deserved.

Throbber will be along in a minute to call me a snob.  He's simply confusing "snob" with "not a total jakeball".

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The sort of jakeballs who want the breakfast menu at lunchtime? 

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Only if you get rid o' they cats, boyo. I'm allergic. Plus a grown man shouldn't' be having cats as pets, they're for auld wifies.

Pish.  I live on my own and I've got my cat with me now.  Cats are quality.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Only if you get rid o' they cats, boyo. I'm allergic. Plus a grown man shouldn't' be having cats as pets, they're for auld wifies.

It's only the weakest men who are allergic to cats. The cats stay, you can stand outside and we'll pass you a beer out every now and then.