Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's a legitimate defrosting technique! As long as it's lukewarm and the window wipers are on. Sadly I only fulfilled 50% of that requirement. Though it was the better 50% tbf. Cracking the windscreen would have been a far worse outcome I reckon...

Only if you do not have any chips in your screen, otherwise it's liable to crack.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Defrosting the car. Or in this case, my own incompetence at performing such a simple task.

(We park our car in a cul-de-sac a street over (no one from that street ever parks where we do. I checked beforehand) because our street is awful for vandalism. Drunks use our street to get to the other side of town so don't care what damage they do.)

I ran out of de-icer yesterday and forgot to get more, so this morning went down to the car with warm water instead. I poured some on my windscreen and some of it splashed onto me as I was obviously too close. Not a good start but I powered through. After I had poured all the water out I went to get in the car and then realised I had left my keys at home. So I had to head back home for them. At this point I was skating up the road as the splashed water from earlier was doing it's best to become ice on my shoes. I then got back to my car and my gamble hadn't paid off: the windscreen had frozen up again (it's not even a 2 minute walk from my door to the other street). At this point the rage was strong in this one and was I f**k walking back up for water so decided the best course of action at 4:20 in the morning was to take Mohammed to the mountains. I drove the car to my front door* like Ace Ventura. Head stuck out the window, icicles hanging from my nose. I went in for more water and wasn't making the same mistake with the backsplash again so poured the water on from distance. It did the job, but this time the backsplash ended up on the pavement. So I fully expect a phone call from my missus later on informing me there's an ambulance outside our front door tending to someone lying on their arse.

So in short, this morning I put myself at risk of injury with the frozen boots, I put the public at risk by driving with my head stuck out the window* and I've left a dangerous boobytrap for someone on the street later on. All before 5am is some achievement I reckon.

Fud.

* My door is close enough from the other street that I can't get out second gear in the car even if I wanted and it's a really quiet street.

If you're up at that time of the morning, combine your morning piss with de-icing and simply piss on your windscreen. You'd save time.

Get a windscreen cover you daftie 

Nah it'd get nicked and according to my missus there are no sheets available to use <_>

Only if you do not have any chips in your screen, otherwise it's liable to crack.

No cracks.

If you're up at that time of the morning, combine your morning piss with de-icing and simply piss on your windscreen. You'd save time.

A man with a plan! My only problem would be trying to find my schlong in that temperature. Needle in a haystack scenario.

I want to know how often the poor b*****d has to get up at 4am on a Saturday morning.

Only about 6 times a year. It's one of the best shifts tbh. Latest finish is just after 1pm but today I'll be home within the next half hour.

Newspaper? I'd always put a few sheets over the windscreen at night. Use the windscreen wipers to hold them in place.

As long as it's not too windy or no neds fancy reading week old news then it works.

Only about 6 times a year. It's one of the best shifts tbh. Latest finish is just after 1pm but today I'll be home within the next half hour.

That's not too bad actually, considering you *obviously* haven't had to do much since you've been replying to everyone's questions on P&B all morning :P

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Get yourself to Aldi ( I think ) in Brooms Road.

They do a windscreen antifreeze which is effective down to about minus 25 degrees.

I discovered this during one of the really cold winters 5 or 6 years ago. The normal stuff couldn't hack it and froze solid when skooshed on the windscreen

That's not too bad actually, considering you *obviously* haven't had to do much since you've been replying to everyone's questions on P&B all morning [emoji14]

Standby today. Sit for about 5 hours and if nothing comes up you can generally be let away.

Half 4 starts are fine once you're awake. It's the waking up that's the struggle.

Standby today. Sit for about 5 hours and if nothing comes up you can generally be let away.

Half 4 starts are fine once you're awake. It's the waking up that's the struggle.

Probably worse now that you know you have to pish over your windscreen

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Newspaper? I'd always put a few sheets over the windscreen at night. Use the windscreen wipers to hold them in place.

As long as it's not too windy or no neds fancy looking at week old newspaper photos then it works.

Neds can't read. FTFY.

Keep getting that fucking M&S Xmas advert pop up when I come on the site. Doesn't matter how many times I close it down and re open it re appears, stopping me from viewing/posting. For once this time it hasn't appeared, anyone else having same bother?

22 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Keep getting that fucking M&S Xmas advert pop up when I come on the site. Doesn't matter how many times I close it down and re open it re appears, stopping me from viewing/posting. For once this time it hasn't appeared, anyone else having same bother?

Me, installed adblocker and thats the end of it.