Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I’ve got some lovely summer jumpers. Favourite is more like a long sleeved tablet by Boss. Dark blue, just hangs nicely. 

The Shandon Par Summer Jumper Squad

Jumpers.jpg

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Had to drive to Aberdeen for 9 o’clock this morning for a return to work medical, as my work claimed they couldn’t get one closer to home. 8hr round trip to sit in a doctors office for about 2 minutes, for him to tell me that it could have all been done over the phone.

In fact it’s not even petty, I’m fucking furious.

Assume it not a driving job you have.

2 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The Shandon Par Summer Jumper Squad

Jumpers.jpg

The lad on the left is doing it right. Needs some decent sunglasses and maybe shorts rather than trousers, though at least one poster will have a hard-on for those green breeches. 

When you click to open a thread on PnB but an advert at the top of the page decides to open just as you are clicking, and you end up clicking on something completely irrelevant to the thread you wanted.

Ordered an item worth £27 to be delivered for £3.95. Fair enough, then got email confirmation that the delivery charge had jumped to £15.95. Didn't notice any warning of this, the site said anywhere in mainland UK. Phoned the site and they didn't even try to defend it, just cancelled the order straightaway as if they were used to it. I was hoping for a screaming match tbh. Found another site selling the item at the same price and an actual £3.95 delivery charge. I thought they'd stopped trying on this shit, sure it doesn't cost any more to deliver to Inverness from the Midlands as it does to Penzance. 

If you live in the UK you can apply for a disclosure certificate online. If you live abroad you have to have a paper copy of the form sent out to you.

Related pet peeve: goalposts being shifted one week before my immigration appointment.

Had to drive to Aberdeen for 9 o’clock this morning for a return to work medical, as my work claimed they couldn’t get one closer to home. 8hr round trip to sit in a doctors office for about 2 minutes, for him to tell me that it could have all been done over the phone.

Paid 200 for an application for a business visa for India. Had to go in person to some processing centre near that shopping place in Leith which turned out to be me handing over my paperwork, getting a receipt and walking out. Quite why I couldn't have done this via RMSD I will never know but at least I got 3 hours out of work.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Paid 200 for an application for a business visa for India. Had to go in person to some processing centre near that shopping place in Leith which turned out to be me handing over my paperwork, getting a receipt and walking out. Quite why I couldn't have done this via RMSD I will never know but at least I got 3 hours out of work.

Had a similar thing a few years back with an Indian visa.  Sent application in but was ordered to go to the High Comission in Edinburgh, waited for about 2 hours, met the high commissioner who said “very interesting application, good luck with your trip” and gave me my passport with the visa inside.

To this day, not a fucking clue what was going on tbh.

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

A seagull shat on me yesterday when I was on my way into Tesco, so I had to walk around the shop with seagull jobby all over my jumper.

Tesco must be the place for it. I left the roof down on my car the other day since I was only popping in. Came back to find bird shit over my passenger seat. 

Edited by Lisa Cuddy
Speeling

24 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Tesco must be the place for it. I left the roof down on my car the other day since I was only popping in. Came back to find bird shit over my passenger seat. 

Convertible aye?

giphy.gif

My mum has been staying with us on and off for the last couple of weeks as she has been getting work done to her place. Finally got to pack her off home today and within 10 seconds of her getting through the door she’d trippped, smacked her head and needed to go to A&E. Now instead of a day enjoying the sun I’ve got to sit in a waiting room.  Old folk should be shot.