Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 26/01/2020 at 20:33, Salvo Montalbano said:
On 26/01/2020 at 16:23, Trackdaybob said:
Being able to do pretty much everything online regarding (in this case) car insurance. 
Apart from cancel the (far too expensive) auto renewal. Oh no, I have to contact them for that. Kuntz :angry:   

In a similar vein, my renewal letter for the AA (the car one, not the ten steps "what we say here, what we hear here, stays here, hear, hear" one) said to renew go to a certain part of the website... which then gave you a phone number to call (the same one that was in the letter). If I wanted to interact with other humans I'd have phoned already, not had to fanny about trying to remember my username and password just to get the same information FFS.

Only tangentially related but if I don't get this vented my head is going to pop off and fly round the room like one of those novelty fucking balloons. 

Scottish. Fucking. Power. 

Mum's fixed tariff ended before crimbo, so she wanted me to renew it for her. Phoned them up and got some bored sounding twat who said words to the effect of 'nah mate, just go on to the standard tariff, it' s cheaper'. One fuckwit point to me, obvs. 

So she's nagging me again to do it. I've got all her online account details so log on, click change tariff, and.... click, whirr, go f**k yourself Mr Roaster: you can only do that via webchat. And webchat isnae working. 8 b*****ding days I've been trying and same shit every day. 

So after work gets on the phone. Interminable fucking wait, punctuated by some insufferably smug c**t saying I could possibly do what I needed on their recently revamped website (hint: see above) the drone at the other end says she can put the old dear on another fixed tariff and... her direct debit will go from 66 quid a month to 154. Because there have been 5 price rises since last year, apparently. 

Fuming. OK, where's the complaints page? Hey, complain via webchat! Guess fucking what? So here's a different number which, you guessed it, gets routed to the same place as the original call. 

So fucked, fucked, and fucked again. She's going to have to shell out 300 quid extra ('because the bills are quarterly') for electricity she would struggle to use even if she put all the heating on full blast , then we can claim it all back and reset the DD on their fucking brilliant website. Heaven help you if you're struggling to heat your home on benefits or the old age pension. 

And before anyone asks, leccy only, old storage heaters, SP's tariff is the equivalent of Hydro's Total Heating Total Control so stuck with it or move to SSE, who don't have a fancy website, and despite plastering my bill with ads for a smart meter, are 'currently unable to fit one' on my flat. So Beazer Homes League c***s. 

EDIT: apologies if you work for either company. I'm reasonably proud of the fact that, surrounded by enough red mist to make Dracula jealous, a little voice said 'don' t shout at her, she's just doing her job and probs getting paid minimum wage to have arse holes like me shouting the odds at her'. 

Edited by Utter Roaster
Don't shit on little people, m'kay?

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Was wandering through Central retail park on Saturday morning and the number of trolleys left next to a car even though the trolley park was within spitting distance was unreal.

Falkirk Tesco shoppers are a bunch of lazy cocks.

I also seen 2 cars in 2mins go the wrong way down or up the parking lanes.

Retail parks are a hotbed of rage inducing bellends who need to act like adults.

Not particularly a Falkirk problem.

ALL retail park and supermarket car parks are stress inducing jungles. 

Retail parks are a hotbed of rage inducing bellends who need to act like adults.

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Not particularly a Falkirk problem.

ALL retail park and supermarket car parks are stress inducing jungles. 

I never said it was exclusive to Falkirk.

Having had an altercation last year with a fanny driving a penis extension in Livingston, I figured major car parks are just packed with knobheads

8 hours ago, Doctor said:

Those haircuts blokes get where they shave between the ears almost bald but leave the hair on top fully grown out, I dont get it.

Neither do I. Probably because I've hardly any hair on the top of my head...

Was wandering through Central retail park on Saturday morning and the number of trolleys left next to a car even though the trolley park was within spitting distance was unreal.

Falkirk Tesco shoppers are a bunch of lazy cocks.

I also seen 2 cars in 2mins go the wrong way down or up the parking lanes.

1/ Most annoying

2/Heads gone inducing in my case

26 minutes ago, Utter Roaster said:

Only tangentially related but if I don't get this vented my head is going to pop off and fly round the room like one of those novelty fucking balloons. 

Mum's fixed tariff ended before crimbo, so she wanted me to renew it for her. Phoned them up and got some bored sounding twat who said words to the effect of 'nah mate, just go on to the standard tariff, it' s cheaper'. One fuckwit point to me, obvs. 

So she's nagging me again to do it. I've got all her online account details so log on, click change tariff, and.... click, whirr, go f**k yourself Mr Roaster: you can only do that via webchat. And webchat isnae working. 8 b*****ding days I've been trying and same shit every day. 

So after work gets on the phone. Interminable fucking wait, punctuated by some insufferably smug c**t saying I could possibly do what I needed on their recently revamped website (hint: see above) the drone at the other end says she can put the old dear on another fixed tariff and... her direct debit will go from 66 quid a month to 154. Because there have been 5 price rises since last year, apparently. 

Fuming. OK, where's the complaints page? Hey, complain via webchat! Guess fucking what? So here's a different number which, you guessed it, gets routed to the same place as the original call. 

So fucked, fucked, and fucked again. She's going to have to shell out 300 quid extra ('because the bills are quarterly') for electricity she would struggle to use even if she put all the heating on full blast , then we can claim it all back and reset the DD on their fucking brilliant website. Heaven help you if you're struggling to heat your home on benefits or the old age pension. 

And before anyone asks, leccy only, old storage heaters, SP's tariff is the equivalent of Hydro's Total Heating Total Control so stuck with it or move to SSE, who don't have a fancy website, and despite plastering my bill with ads for a smart meter, are 'currently unable to fit one' on my flat. So Beazer Homes League c***s. 

EDIT: apologies if you work for either company. I'm reasonably proud of the fact that, surrounded by enough red mist to make Dracula jealous, a little voice said 'don' t shout at her, she's just doing her job and probs getting paid minimum wage to have arse holes like me shouting the odds at her'. 

I'm also electric only and storage heaters, searched for the best deal before Christmas and Bulb were by far the cheapest. Use that link to get £50 for switching to them too.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'm also electric only and storage heaters, searched for the best deal before Christmas and Bulb were by far the cheapest. Use that link to get £50 for switching to them too.

Cheers, but is that E7? Her heaters are shite, so if they are only heating up at night  she'd have frozen to death before  Jeremy Vine's finished. Her tariff periodically gets a boost during the day so they keep toasty. 

Just now, Utter Roaster said:

Cheers, but is that E7? Her heaters are shite, so if they are only heating up at night  she'd have frozen to death before  Jeremy Vine's finished. Her tariff periodically gets a boost during the day so they keep toasty. 

They only have 1 tariff. I was on E7 before, but probably still with comparing to their other tariffs.

Stopped reading at Crimbo. Mods!

I play the odd game on my phone, the usual rubbish to pass a bit of time, Words with Friends that sort of thing. I can accept that the price of having stuff like this for free is that there are adverts. Fine, if they aren't intrusive and don't appear all that often. But my PTTGOYN is two-fold:

1. Adverts that say things like "only 5% can complete this level!!" when they are so mind numbingly simple that my 4 year old nephew could do it.

2. Adverts for games that have no resemblance to the game itself. The worst culprits seem to be things like Gardenscapes which are fun enough diversions but are advertised as if they are some sort of locked door puzzle game. Some of them now say "may not represent actual gameplay" now. Argggg!

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

8F40663D-595D-49E2-B18F-E6FC91905FD4-1139-000001094967DFE0.jpg

People who have these ridiculous things on the back of their phones. Kill them all.

Guilty as charged, m'lud. Couple of my mates had them, and I got one free at an event as part of a goodie bag. 

I suppose I can see the point about making it easier to hold (maybe if the Mrs had had one she wouldn't have dropped hers down the bog; I believe there's another thread for such tales of fuckwittery?). But my mates only ever use theirs as wee stands - pull out the back bit and it allows you to prop the phone up so you can watch stuff while you're having your tea. Or anything else where you need at least one free hand... 

Could easily live without it for all the times I use it, and the biggest downside so far is now it doesn't fit in my dashboard mount.