Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 18/07/2020 at 11:25, Stellaboz said:

Buying what I thought was an interesting looking beer from the supermarket, only to find when I get home it's alcohol-free. 

Just curious: did you drink it anyway? Might be ok if you put a decent amount of vodka in it. 

Our Lanarkshire correspondent writes. Always drink reshponshibly.

On 21/07/2020 at 18:47, Todd_is_God said:

I've just watched a video of people writing dumb shit in tweets. Which leads me to this:

People that think "Ovary act" or "80HD" is the correct term, and not "over react" or "ADHD" amongst similar kind of things (eg "Lack toast and tolerant")

How? How do people get through life thinking any of those makes any sense? What do they think they mean?!

This one's from your favourite pathogen thread:

"she would receive calls from those new to the job,  helping those less ofay with the workings of modern management" 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

"she would receive calls from those new to the job,  helping those less ofay with the workings of modern management" 

Reported for racism

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

Years ago, I almost got into an argument with some office drones at work over the phrase "hors d'oeuvres". One was making up an invitation to some company thing and asked the room how it was spelt. After a few hilariously wrong suggestions (ordurfs being a good one), I gave the right answer (or close enough that spellcheck would've picked it up). Apparently I was setting her up, and one took exception to me using the word "hors", which was obviously a slight on them.

Really wish I'd managed to see one of those invites when they were done.

22 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Years ago, I almost got into an argument with some office drones at work over the phrase "hors d'oeuvres". One was making up an invitation to some company thing and asked the room how it was spelt. After a few hilariously wrong suggestions (ordurfs being a good one), I gave the right answer (or close enough that spellcheck would've picked it up). Apparently I was setting her up, and one took exception to me using the word "hors", which was obviously a slight on them.

Horses Doovers as my old dad (#gbnf #flyingwiththevoolyvents) used to call them.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Must be obeyed at all times 

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Doesn't sound like you...

11 hours ago, coprolite said:

Sakes, I just posted about this on another thread thinking I was well smart for noticing it. Took me about 3 reads to figure out what he was on about. 

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk that swipe their phone using the index finger (i.e. involve the use of two hands rather than use the thumb of the hand that's holding the phone).  People without thumbs are excused. 

I recently upgraded my phone to the Samsung S10 and the screen is so large* that my thumb can't reach all the bits it needs to, to use one hand involves shifting the phone up and down in hand to reach the right parts. I am enjoying the big HD screen but using both hands to scroll the phone is taking a bit of getting used to, so if you ever see me doing this, just know I am as pettily frustrated as you are.

*I also have fairly tiny hands.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Sakes, I just posted about this on another thread thinking I was well smart for noticing it. Took me about 3 reads to figure out what he was on about. 

Check out Susie "Dee Man" Dent here.