Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Who is ganging up on her? I merely asked her to be frank, instead of the attention seeking drivel we are all too often subjected to. If she has to tell us she wants to jump from a bridge and kill herself, when asked why by people who obviously care she could at least explain herself in plain English.

I agree. It's not a dig, just why post half a story?

I wouldn't post that at all I don't think, if that's how I was feeling, but if I did want to post about it, I'd go the whole hog instead of 'teasing a reaction' which is what this appears to be an attempt at.

Guest The Phoenix
Who is ganging up on her? I merely asked her to be frank, instead of the attention seeking drivel we are all too often subjected to. If she has to tell us she wants to jump from a bridge and kill herself, when asked why by people who obviously care she could at least explain herself in plain English.

I rest my case.

Point 1) noone has asked her why (other than kilt in a round about way) all that has been done to reply to Rowan is:-

1) People trying to get her to calm down (obviously kind worried people)

2) People giving a picture of a bridge (wanting her to go to the bridge or what? very sad and pathetic if you ask me. Im sure ill get a reply of "its only an internet forum", but it is a real person behind the computer that is obviously not doing good. )

3) Kilt wondering if she is being extorted (a round about way of asking why, and Rowan hasnt posted since)

4) You and ShetlandBairn ganging up on her calling her an attention seeker and trying to lure interest (i suppose you asked what is wrong too- but she hasnt replied yet).

FWIW hope all is ok Rowan, as others have said Calm down and try and find someone to talk to for help.

Edited by bluetooner

Guest The Phoenix
I think she needs to get a grip. Everybody has problems in life.

Jesus, Sam, that's a bit brutal.

If getting a grip came easy to Rowan, I'm sure she'd have done it a long time ago.

True everyone has problems but all things are relative.

Point 1) noone has asked her why (other than kilt in a round about way) all that has been done to reply to Rowan is:-

1) People trying to get her to calm down (obviously kind worried people)

2) People giving a picture of a bridge (wanting her to go to the bridge or what? very sad and pathetic if you ask me. Im sure ill get a reply of "its only an internet forum", but it is a real person behind the computer that is obviously not doing good. )

3) Kilt wondering if she is being extorted (a round about way of asking why, and Rowan hasnt posted since)

4) You and ShetlandBairn ganging up on her calling her an attention seeker and trying to lure interest (i suppose you asked what is wrong too- but she hasnt replied yet).

FWIW hope all is ok Rowan, as others have said Calm down and try and find someone to talk to for help.

I'm not going to argue with you.

You are entitled to sympathise with her nonsense as you are entitled to think I'm out of line here, but I find it pathetic. There's no point in breaking it down for me, I don't feel sorry for someone who dwells on their problems in the slightest but you feel free to. I won't judge you for that.

Without wanting to drag this up again - I seem to have developed a reputation for daring to say it a few weeks ago - this is a thread for "petty" nags and complaints.

If someone is suffering from a problem that means they are seriously considering suicide or harm or anything like that, this is NOT the place for it IMO.

I totally agree with Sam, Gaz and Shetlandbairn on this. Three posters I quite often disagree with.

Monster, I appreciate your point of view, but I take most things you say involving Sam with a pinch of salt, as you - in my opinion - have a bit of an axe to grind with her.

I'm totally with SaintSam on this one.

It wouldn't be a problem if she just posted what was wrong but it's like someone going into a room of people, sitting down and then sighing and shaking their head constantly so they'll get asked what's wrong.

I concur.

I totally agree with Sam, Gaz and Shetlandbairn on this. Three posters I quite often disagree with.

Monster, I appreciate your point of view, but I take most things you say involving Sam with a pinch of salt, as you - in my opinion - have a bit of an axe to grind with her.

When do you usually disagree with me!? :P

Without wanting to drag this up again - I seem to have developed a reputation for daring to say it a few weeks ago - this is a thread for "petty" nags and complaints.

If someone is suffering from a problem that means they are seriously considering suicide or harm or anything like that, this is NOT the place for it IMO.

I'm totally with SaintSam on this one.

It wouldn't be a problem if she just posted what was wrong but it's like someone going into a room of people, sitting down and then sighing and shaking their head constantly so they'll get asked what's wrong.

Then just ignore her then. It is just an internet forum so surely that should be nice and simple. If you are that worried that she is just attention seeking then if noone answers her then she will have failed. However id much rather take a little time to ask her if all is ok, reassure her etc. It doesnt take much of an effort.

Fair enough. I don't have an axe to grind with Sam as it happens, I quite often agree with her on certain issues. My opinion is that mental health should be taken seriously enough to warrant a bit of leeway though. I don't think that's too much to ask.

It's not as if Rowans the only one that gets picked on by pie and bovril folks though. Nature of the beast. ;)

Guest The Phoenix
Then just ignore her then. It is just an internet forum so surely that should be nice and simple. If you are that worried that she is just attention seeking then if noone answers her then she will have failed. However id much rather take a little time to ask her if all is ok, reassure her etc. It doesnt take much of an effort.

Yip! - as simple as apple pie. :D

Fair enough. I don't have an axe to grind with Sam as it happens, I quite often agree with her on certain issues. My opinion is that mental health should be taken seriously enough to warrant a bit of leeway though. I don't think that's too much to ask.

It's not as if Rowans the only one that gets picked on by pie and bovril folks though. Nature of the beast. ;)

I respect that.

My opinion though, is that mental health is serious enough not to be posted about in a forum like this, and certainly not on a thread like this.

Or, if you really want to post about it (not you, in the literal sense) then post about it fully, where I'm sure people would be more understanding and less harsh, if they knew the whole story.

Half cocked posts do nothing to help anyone, and stir up reactions like this.