Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, virginton said:

The Register of Members Interests does not in fact compile interests under 'Bribery: to undo the NHS'.

Which is why an opinion piece (I e. interpretation from some absolutely zero credibility source) is not sound evidence. 

We may be moving into "if it looks like a duck...." territory.

5 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I've never, not once, bought something to eat at a Scottish football ground.

And don't understand those that do.

Similarly, I’ve never, not once, bought something to eat at a cinema. 
And don’t understand those that do. 

3 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

You mean you have denied yourself the delights of the very pies and Bovril celebrated on this site?  Heretic!

I well remember the days of the sales technique that prefixes every item with "Erzie...". "Erzie mars bars, Erzie macaroon bars" among them.  To show my age, I'll throw in "Ten pensie feeshell programme."

Happy days.

10 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I go to Gayfield as a foodie first, and football fan second. The steak and black peh is astonishing.

Folk getting multiple drinks out of a self service coffee machine. Amplified if they then wait till they have all drinks poured then stand about in front of the machine footering about with sugar and putting all the lids on instead of doing all that stuff to the side to let everyone behind them get on with their day.  

On a par with the person in front of you at a cash machine deciding that they're doing a full accounts audit. 

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I well remember the days of the sales technique that prefixes every item with "Erzie...". "Erzie mars bars, Erzie macaroon bars" among them. 

Possibly an urban myth but reminded me of the story of someone knocking a mars bar/macaroon box to the ground only to be followed up with "Get yer broken macaroons here" :P

34 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

You don't understand why people eat food? 

Granted it's often shite but what's so difficult to understand about it? 

People like eating food. 

Just now, RuMoore said:

People like eating food. 

Ah, the days of tepid pies and boiling hot Bovril... gloves essential to avoid permanent heat damage to the skin. Still, took the mind off the football...

2 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

People like eating food. 

He'll be one of the loonies that take a shawl and a flask to games.

5 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

People like eating food. 

I have my lunch before the game, dinner when I get home - I wouldn't normally have a pie at 3:45 in the afternoon.

12 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I have my lunch before the game, dinner when I get home - I wouldn't normally have a pie at 3:45 in the afternoon.

It's pretty decent to eat at the game if you've been on the peev since morning.

9 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Sounds very regimented and bland tbqhwy. 

What about for an away game with a big travel time, does that still blow your mind that people eat outside their own houses? 

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Sounds very regimented and bland tbqhwy. 

What about for an away game with a big travel time, does that still blow your mind that people eat outside their own houses? 

It's a rarety tbh but for Queens recently we popped into KFC beforehand - was very nice, they've improved their chips - miles better than a pie in a cold stadium.

14 hours ago, virginton said:

A completely unrelated PTTGIYN: chumps who insist that grand conspiracies are responsible for events rather than a) clearly demonstrable incompetence and b) dreadful choices made by agents with freedom of action (including voters). 

A 14 year old's approach to understanding the world that has been allowed to fester thanks to the echo chambers that exist online. 

Add to this people whose only understanding of healthcare operating models is OOR NHS vs EVIL AMERICAN BANKRUPTCY MEDICINE - as if there are not countries throughout Europe with largely better outcomes who have something between those two. 

8 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

It's a rarety tbh but for Queens recently we popped into KFC beforehand - was very nice, they've improved their chips - miles better than a pie in a cold stadium.

You know how to live 

6 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Add to this people whose only understanding of healthcare operating models is OOR NHS vs EVIL AMERICAN BANKRUPTCY MEDICINE - as if there are not countries throughout Europe with largely better outcomes who have something between those two. 

What makes you think Conservative politicians are interested in such models when everything points to them being greedy scum who want to fleece everyone for everything, with decades of evidence to support that 'ethos' (how many billion did they steal during the pandemic?)?