Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Fucking works night oot!

I went with them to the Coppertop, and Withersp0oons no probem, but when it came to BTW, the bouncers wouldna let me in. Not because I was pished, but because "they didnt know my face". Fucking disgraceful.

Then the fucktards at my work compounded things by going in and enjoying themselves. Only one guy at my work had the decency to say it was wrong and to come out and keep me company. Everyone else fucked off inside.

Not happy.

Fucking works night oot!

I went with them to the Coppertop, and Withersp0oons no probem, but when it came to BTW, the bouncers wouldna let me in. Not because I was pished, but because "they didnt know my face". Fucking disgraceful.

Then the fucktards at my work compounded things by going in and enjoying themselves. Only one guy at my work had the decency to say it was wrong and to come out and keep me company. Everyone else fucked off inside.

Not happy.

Behind the Wall is a shit pub anyway, full of pretentious w**kers and overpriced shite beer.

I'm going off on a tangent now but just feel like saying it. I once studied a poem called 'Ambulances', by Phillip Larkin, which described the scene of a an ambulance pulling up to a house, and removing the body of someone who had died.

The obvious theme of the poem was death and grief. However, it hit the nail on the head when it suggested that the grief you feel when you hear of a death, or see an ambulance removing a body from the house, is not for them or their family, it's for yourself. You think 'that could have been me' or 'that could have' been my dad, and the majority of the grief is for selfish reasons.

I studied the same poem. Fantastic poem.

Behind the Wall is a shit pub anyway, full of pretentious w**kers and overpriced shite beer.

The point is that all my so called "workmates" went in, and only one guy decided that it wasnt right that I didnt get in. Everyone else went in and enjoyed themselves. Im pissed off.

The point is that all my so called "workmates" went in, and only one guy decided that it wasnt right that I didnt get in. Everyone else went in and enjoyed themselves. Im pissed off.

I know, but I just have a grudge against that place and saw it as an oppertunity to slag it. The bouncers are complete tossers.

It is about respect, but to who exactly? That's the thing I can't really get my head around.

I greatly respect people who fought in the first and second world wars, so would certainly stop what I was doing and pay genuine respect to thank them for what they did to the country. Each year our school has a one (possibly two) minutes silence at 11am on 11th November and one year when I was in French, and someone behind me started talking. After it had finished I went mental at them as I think that is just about the most disrespectful thing can do. They gave their lives for the benefit of our country and I am very proud to remember and appreciate that. Their actions played a huge role in my existance, and the way our country is governed and has developed.

Two murdered children. No one would disagree that this is a dreadful scenario, however their death directly affects a tiny, tiny minority of the country. I feel it's insulting the family to be asked to pay respect to someone I don't know, with whom I have no connection with as I cannot possibly share the same levels of understanding and appreciation as they can.

I'm going off on a tangent now but just feel like saying it. I once studied a poem called 'Ambulances', by Phillip Larkin, which described the scene of a an ambulance pulling up to a house, and removing the body of someone who had died.

The obvious theme of the poem was death and grief. However, it hit the nail on the head when it suggested that the grief you feel when you hear of a death, or see an ambulance removing a body from the house, is not for them or their family, it's for yourself. You think 'that could have been me' or 'that could have' been my dad, and the majority of the grief is for selfish reasons.

I've seen it all now, Ambulances discussed on P&B!

I agree with your point though.

Still pissed off at the place and my workmates! See if one of them couldnt get in, then I wouldna go in and ignore them. What a lack of respect. :angry:

Also, some guy in Witherspoons shunted one of my workmates without apologising, and when I spoke up (and was subsequently offered outside), every single one of those cowards started muttering and apologising. Gah!

Not happy because I spent the entire night throwing up, I just had to cut a couple locks of my hair off because too much spew was entangled in in.

Not having a good time right now.

Still pissed off at the place and my workmates! See if one of them couldnt get in, then I wouldna go in and ignore them. What a lack of respect. :angry:

Also, some guy in Witherspoons shunted one of my workmates without apologising, and when I spoke up (and was subsequently offered outside), every single one of those cowards started muttering and apologising. Gah!

Not happy because I spent the entire night throwing up, I just had to cut a couple locks of my hair off because too much spew was entangled in in.

XBL,

Either you work with a bunch of fannies or you're a fanny and they don't like you.

Maybe you are like Samson, cutting your hair will also shorn you of your rapier wit B)

If you don't like it, excuse yourself. It's not difficult.

Where exactly can you excuse yourself to? Okay, at Peterhead it's possible, but not if it's a Scotland game.

I understand about keeping silent out of respect, and I agree, but nothing pisses me off more at football than the grief as a hobby culture we have since the thick Kensington inbred state scrounging slapper got run over in Paris.

We got into Balmoor just before kick off and nobody knew there was a minutes silence (because thats's what it's always like) and we got pelters for chatting. Sorry, but what has the late decision to remember a Peterhead committee member got to do with us and how were we meant to know? I will stay silent so as to not rock the boat, but it's still a load of shite, part of the shallow society of PR and marketing over substance, where politicians govern by soundbite and celebrity is determined by media.

Nobody gives a f**k if you actually care in society, as long as you are seen to care.

:angry:

My dog who has been over due her season by several months and was booked in to see the vet tomorrow to get speyed has come into season over night. Just as the 7ft fence between her and the next door neichbours boy rotmiller gets pulled down <_<

Edited by Rowan