Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Are you actually being serious here? I am being serious here when I say that I would much rather tell 19 folk they are being made redundant than have to shell out £300 for a new phone.

It's hardly your fault that they are being made redundant. I'd much rather keep the £300, thank you very much.

I would rather tell a little girl her puppy has fallen into a mincer than shell out £1 for a new pair of socks.

I've actually just plain lost my phone, but to be honest i don't miss it. All i got were texts from folk at work moaning about stuff on my days off or i'd use it to say I'd pick someone up form tescos from such and such a time. Don;t really need it and I only had 1 month left on my contract so it''s okay.

Is anyone going to get all self-righteous about this post saying it pales in comparison to other folks problems? Or is it just because Philpy's an easier target?

I wasn't having a go and i'm sorry if it came across that way :( I was merely pointing out the bad timing of said post.

I have another MRI scan today, I dont like going into the machine, its very claustrophobic, but i positively hate having the venflow in my arm and having the dye pumped down my arm, its a horrible feeling, you can feel it all wooshing down your arm :barf

I have another MRI scan today, I dont like going into the machine, its very claustrophobic, but i positively hate having the venflow in my arm and having the dye pumped down my arm, its a horrible feeling, you can feel it all wooshing down your arm :barf

That sounds disgusting :huh::o

Guest Ron Burgundy

just close your eyes and imagine your threading the ball through for old cross eyes ferguson in the scottish cup final and all your fear will melt away...honest.

Employment agencies. Now, when I worked for an agency in Bristol, we were more than happy to register people who were wanting to relocate, and then send their details onto the branch in the city they were moving to. Why won't Blue Arrow do this? No, I have to go and register in Glasgow to work in Glasgow. b*****ds.

Anyone have any ideas for agencies that'll let me register in Aberdeen and forward my details on? :angry:

Anyone have any ideas for agencies that'll let me register in Aberdeen and forward my details on? :angry:

Agencies like NRL, Search and Avenue let you choose the place that you want to look for jobs.

If you're qualified they will put you forward for them regardless of where you stay.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your question but I've been dealing with them recently and they seem very good.

Agencies like NRL, Search and Avenue let you choose the place that you want to look for jobs.

If you're qualified they will put you forward for them regardless of where you stay.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your question but I've been dealing with them recently and they seem very good.

Thanks, I'll have a look. :)

Let me know how you get on as I'm currently trawling job sites and agency sites at the mo and will pass on any good sites I find.

I've just had a quick look, and thanks, but it's not really what I'm after. To register to work, I'll probably have to go in for an interview, let them check my ID and everything, so what I want is an agency that have a branch in Aberdeen that I can go and interview at, and have them forward my details on so I can start work in Glasgow straight away. The problem I have is that I can only really get to Glasgow at weekends, when offices aren't open! If I could move, register and find work immediately, it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't want to face a couple of weeks without work while I'm there.

Thanks anyway. I'll let you know if I come across any good agencies down that way eventually, though. :)

:blink:

I'm no Don Juan or anything, but when I used to date young ladies their breasts were almost definitely at the front.

:lol:

and

Forgot to mention, I left my work bag at the bottom of the stairs this morning to nip up and brush my teeth. When I came down 5 minutes later I found my tom cat had pissed all over it! Not a happy start to the day!

:lol::lol::lol:

I was having a fairly crap day but you 2 have cheered me up a little

and

:lol::lol::lol:

I was having a fairly crap day but you 2 have cheered me up a little

Heartless sod! <_< It wasn't until I was half-way to the ferry and felt my right thigh getting damp that I discovered I was leaving a trail of cat-piss dripping behind me! :(

I have managed to purloin a snazzy pilot's case from work by way of replacement. B)

The cat can expect a sound battering from it when I get home tonight! :ph34r:

Heartless sod! <_< It wasn't until I was half-way to the ferry and felt my right thigh getting damp that I discovered I was leaving a trail of cat-piss dripping behind me! :(

I have managed to purloin a snazzy pilot's case from work by way of replacement. B)

The cat can expect a sound battering from it when I get home tonight! :ph34r:

People probably thought you have incontinence problems :ph34r: given your age an all ;):P