Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

a minority of dumbarton fans acting like idiots.

wow we were defeated 4-1, get over it.

For the neautral, it was quite amusing as some Dumbarton fans seem to think Chapman is the messiah, and that 2 signings will turn you into a decent team when 80% of your first team players are dire at best.

For the neautral, it was quite amusing as some Dumbarton fans seem to think Chapman is the messiah, and that 2 signings will turn you into a decent team when 80% of your first team players are dire at best.

the sensible dumbarton fans realise that it wont happen overnight.

unfortunately the minority make the majority look like idiots. things are looking up with some of the new signings but it will almost certainly take a couple of seasons before we have promotion potential.

guys like that kiki and his chums are clogging up the third division board with absolute crap.

kiki mon the **** and his other wee pal (who is also clearly a tattie munching, bead rattling twat) are an embarassment.

i agree. it's a shame really. most of us aren't all that bad.

hopefully the mods get on the complaints forum soon and hit him with a warning for spamming or something.

i wish i knew who he was.

Pretty shocking if it does affect credit ratings.

I see there are loads of people commenting on the BBC news story who have no credit problems at all and pay off their balance, and have got the letter. Bit worrying.

That's who they'll close. They make no money off people like that. It's people who have a balance, and pay the minimum, or part of the balance, that they'll want to keep, due to the interest.

That's who they'll close. They make no money off people like that. It's people who have a balance, and pay the minimum, or part of the balance, that they'll want to keep, due to the interest.

Yup that seems to be their plan and much as it pains me I have to acknowledge it does make business sense. In our case, we've been with Egg for five years and always pay the full balance each month. This means that they've never made a penny from us in that time and have actually been giving us annual cashback payments of £100 or so.

We haven't had a closure letter as yet, but I have a sneaky suspicion it's in the post. The only thing in our favour is that we have savings accounts with them and if they f**k us about over the credit card, then we'll obviously close the accounts as there are better savings deals elsewhere.

I daresay we won't struggle to get another credit card either, as our credit rating is very good. However, the Egg cashback arrangements are excellent and those kind of deals seem to be a thing of the past.

You beat me to it. That's exactly what I was about to say. Any company would want to keep the customers who make them money, in this case the ones who pay interest, it's the only way they'll keep going.

Why are they closing accounts?

You beat me to it. That's exactly what I was about to say. Any company would want to keep the customers who make them money, in this case the ones who pay interest, it's the only way they'll keep going.

Why are they closing accounts?

Their press release states it's people whose history whilst with Egg suggests they are a risk the business no longer wants to bear. That's also what the letter to the effected customers suggest. However, it would appear that there also a large amount of people included who are not a credit risk, but are just not making Egg any money.

The BBC coverage of this has been the most robust so far. Obviously, much of the counter-evidence against Egg is anecdotal, so there's no way of knowing what the balance of bad risk customers against low profit customers really is.

There is nothing worse than waking up to find that your tonsils are glued to the roof of your mouth. :angry:

This happens to me quite a lot after Ive been drinking, and its a pain unglueing it, Ive drank a ton of water to try and shift it, but its still glued and painful. Any advice?

Yep that definitely makes sense from a business point of view - that's why I'm expecting a letter at some point. They were quick enough to give me 0% on my balance transfer a couple of months ago, no wonder I don't make them any money...

They're perfectly entitled to do this obviously. I wonder how much 'no interest' customers actually cost them to administrate, worth the bad publicity they're getting just now?

Aberdeen drivers really are a bunch of cunts. Whether it's running red lights and nearly crashing into you, jumping across lanes without looking, turning right at "No right turn" junctions into oncoming traffic they really are in a league of their own.

I was just coming out of the Cineworld car park when a car came round the corner and hurtled towards me going against the one way system the car park operates (which is clearly "labelled" with big No Entry signs and arrows on the roads).

I was surprised at the sight of the car motoring towards me and stopped my car. As the other driver went past me he shouted "What the fuck are you playing at stopping in the middle of the road?". I pointed out that he was going against the one way system and pointed to one of the arrows he had just driven over in the opposite direction that it was pointing.

He then told me to "go and fuck" myself which I said would be rather difficult if not impossible. "Fucking wise guy are we?" says he to which I reply "No, but it proves how stupid you are when you come out with comments like that and can't even go the right way around a car parks one way system" before driving off leaving him facing another couple of cars who also had a few choice words to pass on to the wanker.