Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

How many days left before The Gray Ghost becomes a shadow of his former self? :unsure:

This particular paranormal phenomenon is doing my head in. :(

Ooooh, nearly a month! You should be pleased, it was your long division that crushed the mortal (internet) body of the late, great, xbasslichtie and gave rise to The Gray Ghost©(xbl).

Guest The Phoenix
Ooooh, nearly a month! You should be pleased, it was your long division that crushed the mortal (internet) body of the late, great, xbasslichtie and gave rise to The Gray Ghost©(xbl).

Here's some easy ones to ward of the evil spectre.

post-7951-1208468336_thumb.png

A few days, that's all I've been gone yet in that time this place appears to have gone up the wall! What on earth happened to xbl? Was it the music? Did it finally get to him?

Guest Ron Burgundy
Ooooh, nearly a month! You should be pleased, it was your long division that crushed the mortal (internet) body of the late, great, xbasslichtie and gave rise to The Gray Ghost©™(xbl).

do you have a cabon monoxide detector in your flat?

A few days, that's all I've been gone yet in that time this place appears to have gone up the wall! What on earth happened to xbl? Was it the music? Did it finally get to him?

The Gray Ghost has arose in a moment of madness, and since then, The Gray Ghost gets a telling off from the mods (well, ric), for daring to drop out of charactr. Its the curse of The Gray Ghost. Actually, on the subject of music, The Gray Ghost is working late, and has discovered, to the eternal shame of The Gray Ghost, that he can deliver a perfect rendition of Words by Boyzone. :ph34r:

Shingles is not nice.

You can only get shingles if you have previously had chickenpox and you certainly can't catch it in a swimming pool.

Phoenix Jnr is just recovering from shingles - his third dose in about four years.

First two were on his back but the latest was on his face - which is the worst place to get it - apart from looking like you've been through a car windowscreen for about a fortnight, the pain is incredible and constant. If it spreads to your eyes, it can cause permanent damage.

It will only attack one side of the body (i.e. left or right) at a time.

Even after the scabs have healed the pain can continue for weeks, months or even years.

It can re-occur at any time. :(

Attack one side at a time! I had it all over my lower back. :( So how do you catch it then? And can you pass it on to other people?

The Gray Ghost has arose in a moment of madness, and since then, The Gray Ghost gets a telling off from the mods (well, ric), for daring to drop out of charactr. Its the curse of The Gray Ghost. Actually, on the subject of music, The Gray Ghost is working late, and has discovered, to the eternal shame of The Gray Ghost, that he can deliver a perfect rendition of Words by Boyzone. :ph34r:

Why do you insist on talking about yourself in the 3rd person? it's shit, it was only kinda funny when alf hucker did it.

Attack one side at a time! I had it all over my lower back. :( So how do you catch it then? And can you pass it on to other people?

I don't think it's contagious, my dad had it a few years ago, and my mum never caught it. It was some laugh taunting him, telling him that he had an STD.

I have had a chest infection all week and been off work. I have been given anti-biotics which look like horse tranquilisers and pulling my stomach apart, it's very uncomfortable. I'm allergic to penicillin and think I may be a bit sensitive to these fucking things as well.

Guest The Phoenix

In response:

They always affect only one side of the body (left or right) and never cross the midline. This is because they come out on the area of skin which is supplied by one particular nerve.
If you have shingles you should stay away from other people until the blisters have dried (usually about seven days), as there are virus particles in the blister fluid. The risk is that people who have not had chickenpox might catch that from you.

I know what you mean.................try bio oil.

Bio oil? Is that not like olive oil? Its really quite annoying though, The Gray Ghosts arms and legs have got little bits of spare skin from months of living an improved lifestyle...and yet he is still tipping the scales at almost 19 stones. So in effect, despite visibly slimming down, The Gray Ghost is as heavy as ever. :(

Nope.

It claims to get rid of stretch marks. I don't believe it for a second, but if anyone has actually tried it and found it to work, I'd be intrigued to know.

Not sure about strech marks, but it took the reddness out of the scars on my arms.