Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I had to go and buy ant killer this morning.

Wee fuckers :angry::angry:

Chalk! Draw a thick chalk circle around where the wee b*****ds are coming from, they struggle to cross chalk. And then (if it is outside), incinerate the b*****ds.

Chalk! Draw a thick chalk circle around where the wee b*****ds are coming from, they struggle to cross chalk. And then (if it is outside), incinerate the b*****ds.

der final solution ist ready herr ghost....

Edited by renton

I can't quite locate where their access point is. Can't see any outside and they are not crawling around the outside tap, but sprayed it anyway.

They were under the sink this morning and crawling up the side of the dishwasher. will have to take the kickboards off and spray there. :(:(

I can't quite locate where their access point is. Can't see any outside and they are not crawling around the outside tap, but sprayed it anyway.

They were under the sink this morning and crawling up the side of the dishwasher. will have to take the kickboards off and spray there. :(:(

We had ants behind where the old coal fire used to be,also in the kitchen,had to get the landlady to get rid of them.

God knows how they managed to get into the old fireplace in the first place! :blink:

Edit: I can't change my avatar picture,anyone having problems changing theirs?

Edited by saints1884

A couple of days ago I booked bus tickets, and they haven't arrived in todays post and I'm leaving tomorrow. I have email confirmation that tickets have been booked and it shows the time/route on the email, though it does specifically say the email cannot be used instead of tickets.

I presume if I explain the situation then the driver will let me on? It's the 7am bus to Fort William, so I can't exactly see it being packed.

A couple of days ago I booked bus tickets, and they haven't arrived in todays post and I'm leaving tomorrow. I have email confirmation that tickets have been booked and it shows the time/route on the email, though it does specifically say the email cannot be used instead of tickets.

I presume if I explain the situation then the driver will let me on? It's the 7am bus to Fort William, so I can't exactly see it being packed.

Phone the company you booked the tickets from (Citylink?) and see what they say. They will be able to give you much better advice than anyone onn a football website.

Hope you get it sorted out :)

I doubt very much that the driver would let you on without a full valid ticket. It's also a bit unfair to put him/her in that position. As you say, the email is very specific about you being unable to do just that. Best to phone the company you booked the tickets through. You may be able to collect replacement tickets if they've been lost in the post. Otherwise they might refund the cost if you were to buy new ones when you travel and produce them as confirmation.

I doubt very much that the driver would let you on without a full valid ticket. It's also a bit unfair to put him/her in that position. As you say, the email is very specific about you being unable to do just that. Best to phone the company you booked the tickets through. You may be able to collect replacement tickets if they've been lost in the post. Otherwise they might refund the cost if you were to buy new ones when you travel and produce them as confirmation.

I phoned them and they said I could just collect new tickets at the Bus Station.

I have to get up at 5.30am, although it will be worth it, that is a bit of a nag.

I was trained in my job by two guys who are both younger than me. One by 7 years, the other by 10! While they were excellent with the training, now I'm doing the job properly they're both gettin on my tits with their immaturity. Everyday's getting harder to bear them. :(

Why do I never learn? Its got to the end of the week, and just like every week, I wish fervently that I had some food in the house that wasnt healthy! All week, I eat pasta, wraps, salad etc. and the closest thing I have to junk food are a couple cereal bars which I keep for lunch. So come Thursday, I get desperate for some rubbish, for something that isnt good for me!

Every week, this happens to me, and it drives me round the twist. Why don't I buy something at the start of the week? Some sort of dessert, yoghurts, maybe a bar of chocolate, possibly some processed crap like chicken nuggets or something, even a packet of biscuits, anything would be welcome! But no, I buy my shopping at the beginning of the week, I buy good healthy food, and then by Thursday night Im climbing the walls in search of some rubbish. :(

Not crisps mind, Ive managed to get over my crisp addiction, and I only eat them once a week...its more a general unhealthy rubbish craving. Does anyone else except pregnant women get this sort of thing?

Why do I never learn? Its got to the end of the week, and just like every week, I wish fervently that I had some food in the house that wasnt healthy! All week, I eat pasta, wraps, salad etc. and the closest thing I have to junk food are a couple cereal bars which I keep for lunch. So come Thursday, I get desperate for some rubbish, for something that isnt good for me!

Every week, this happens to me, and it drives me round the twist. Why don't I buy something at the start of the week? Some sort of dessert, yoghurts, maybe a bar of chocolate, possibly some processed crap like chicken nuggets or something, even a packet of biscuits, anything would be welcome! But no, I buy my shopping at the beginning of the week, I buy good healthy food, and then by Thursday night Im climbing the walls in search of some rubbish. :(

Not crisps mind, Ive managed to get over my crisp addiction, and I only eat them once a week...its more a general unhealthy rubbish craving. Does anyone else except pregnant women get this sort of thing?

I don't have to be pregnant to get that craving. I could eat all kinds of junk food all the time. The problem then is that I end up craving healthy stuff instead!

If you bought the unhealthy stuff at the beginning of the week with a view to leaving it til the Thursday when the craving hits you, you'd fail. The craving would hit you on Tuesday at the latest, purely because it's there. Then you'd eat it, then on Thursday, the craving comes back and you've nothing there because you've already eaten it. Just don't bother buying any of it unless you actually want to eat it there and then.

If you bought the unhealthy stuff at the beginning of the week with a view to leaving it til the Thursday when the craving hits you, you'd fail. The craving would hit you on Tuesday at the latest, purely because it's there. Then you'd eat it, then on Thursday, the craving comes back and you've nothing there because you've already eaten it. Just don't bother buying any of it unless you actually want to eat it there and then.

Aye, thats the sensible thinking. Try telling my body that at 9pm on a Thursday night. <_< Why is it that I never even have so much as a packet of biscuits in the house? That is not the behaviour of an 18 stone whale. I've let myself down. :( I might have to run out to the all night garage at this rate.