Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yes. Stupid p***k. It will take 15 minutes out of his life yet he still won't sort things out for us. Wanker.

I am also really tired after a couple of late nights. Bed beckons. Rah!

I'll kill him if you want. It's no bother. The combination of him being a w****r, an ex-boyfriend and me being loaded with mentalist hormones means I'll get off with it, no problem.

Is he just ignoring messages or is he telling you he's doing it and then just not bothering?

Is he just ignoring messages or is he telling you he's doing it and then just not bothering?

Ooo. Me-OW! Put those claws back in before they damage someone or something!

I'll kill him if you want. It's no bother. The combination of him being a w****r, an ex-boyfriend and me being loaded with mentalist hormones means I'll get off with it, no problem.

Ignoring the countless requests to sort things out. It's not as if it will take him long to sort things out really but he must be too busy playing FM or something.

Ignoring the countless requests to sort things out. It's not as if it will take him long to sort things out really but he must be too busy playing FM or something.

Aw, he's probably just trying to work out how to get back from Berlin Airport.

Yes. Stupid p***k. It will take 15 minutes out of his life yet he still won't sort things out for us. Wanker.

I am also really tired after a couple of late nights. Bed beckons. Rah!

I remember when the P&B house was first established all was good in the world.

Now it seems that the prospect of P&Bers living together in peace and harmony is a vision lost, analagous to the death of the 60s dream caused by the assassinations of RFC and MLK.

Firstly, apologies for this because I was determined that my every other post wasn't going to be pregnancy related, but it's really doing my chebs in. I'm just too damned hormonal for my own good. I'm such a mardy arse and I presently hate everyone. All I want is to go home for a bit and see my Mum and sister and have them make a huge fuss of me. I've got stuff I need to do today, which involves leaving the house, and I really, really don't want to because I think if I'm faced with real life people, I'm just going to kill them. Living in this area though, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Firstly, apologies for this because I was determined that my every other post wasn't going to be pregnancy related, but it's really doing my chebs in. I'm just too damned hormonal for my own good. I'm such a mardy arse and I presently hate everyone. All I want is to go home for a bit and see my Mum and sister and have them make a huge fuss of me. I've got stuff I need to do today, which involves leaving the house, and I really, really don't want to because I think if I'm faced with real life people, I'm just going to kill them. Living in this area though, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I have some Citilopram going spare, if that would help? :unsure:

Guest BullyWee1878
I have some Citilopram going spare, if that would help? :unsure:

Oh are you taking stuff for your depression, you should have mentioned it before now :rolleyes:

I'm supposed to be on a week off but have been called in today. There is a specific task that only myself and two other people are trained on and I've been called in to do that. Now, one other person who can do this is off, the other is in but I'm still being asked to show up.

The reason I've been asked in is that the person is off due toa family bereavement, it's absolutely terrible for them. But this task has three people trained on it, one of whom is in the office - yet I am being called in? This is fucking pish. Of course, if I raise this then it looks like me who is being a dick because the reason one person is off is due to an absolutely terrible bereavement. Yet the one other person who is in has obviously spun some bullshit about why they can't do this task and I've been pulled in.

I'm going in but I'm going to play it by ear regarding raising this with my boss.

I was at a job interview last Thursday (22nd May), for a twelve-week summer placement with my local council.

Interview went really well and I was phoned last Monday (27th May) offering me the post, which I accepted, subject to the satisfactory return of my Occupational Health and References.

I phoned them last Wednesday (28th May) to give them my mobile number should they try to call me when I'm out the house. They told me that my Occupational Health had come back fine, and were just waiting on my References.

As one of my Referees is a family friend, I phoned her on Wednesday night to ask if she'd sent it back. She had, which means the only reason I can't get a start date is because my old work are playing funny buggers with my Reference, as it has to go down to HR, and they haven't bothered their arse sending it back.

It's not as if it's an in-depth thing - it's a one-line document confirming my dates of employment.

What makes it worse, is that I got an e-mail on Friday from the local College where I worked over the Christmas holidays offering me a job over the summer. I can't accept it as, truth be told, the Council post is better for me, but I don't want to deny it yet in case something goes wrong with the Council post. And I was going to call the Council and ask them to get a Reference from the College instead of my old work, but I can't very well do that now. Sorry, I can't accept your job, but can you give me a reference for this other one? Aye, right.

I need a job, I have no money. This is fucking shite.

I was at a job interview last Thursday (22nd May), for a twelve-week summer placement with my local council.

Interview went really well and I was phoned last Monday (27th May) offering me the post, which I accepted, subject to the satisfactory return of my Occupational Health and References.

I phoned them last Wednesday (28th May) to give them my mobile number should they try to call me when I'm out the house. They told me that my Occupational Health had come back fine, and were just waiting on my References.

As one of my Referees is a family friend, I phoned her on Wednesday night to ask if she'd sent it back. She had, which means the only reason I can't get a start date is because my old work are playing funny buggers with my Reference, as it has to go down to HR, and they haven't bothered their arse sending it back.

It's not as if it's an in-depth thing - it's a one-line document confirming my dates of employment.

What makes it worse, is that I got an e-mail on Friday from the local College where I worked over the Christmas holidays offering me a job over the summer. I can't accept it as, truth be told, the Council post is better for me, but I don't want to deny it yet in case something goes wrong with the Council post. And I was going to call the Council and ask them to get a Reference from the College instead of my old work, but I can't very well do that now. Sorry, I can't accept your job, but can you give me a reference for this other one? Aye, right.

I need a job, I have no money. This is fucking shite.

HR Departments are usually full of half-wits.

HR Departments are usually full of half-wits.

Hoi! We're not all bad!

Especially my old work's, it would seem :(

Gaz you could try phoning your previous manager/HR dept and ask them to complete it as a matter of urgency as it's holding up the recruitment process. Unfortunately it's your responsibility to chase up your own references. :( Mind you, give them till the end of the week, it's not unreasonable to wait 10 days or so on a reference. Although, that doesn't help your money situation obviously!

Hoi! We're not all bad!

Gaz you could try phoning your previous manager/HR dept and ask them to complete it as a matter of urgency as it's holding up the recruitment process. Unfortunately it's your responsibility to chase up your own references. :( Mind you, give them till the end of the week, it's not unreasonable to wait 10 days or so on a reference. Although, that doesn't help your money situation obviously!

All HR depts' are full of not even as good as half-wits. The HR dept of a previous employer waited 2 months to return a reference request and I'm convinced they only returned it after I contacted the top man saying I wished to make a complaint.