Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Why does nobody use landlines anymore?

A couple of my mates have just been to my door after going to see Batman and they didn't bother phoning my house asking me to come. Apparently because I didn't reply to their text they just assumed that I didn't want to go, even though they know I hardly ever use my mobile, and I actually don't even have it right now.

So I've been stuck in this overly hot house all day doing f**k all. How shite.

People (usually women) who beome hysterical when a solitary wasp enters a room. The only time I have ever been stung by a wasp is when I disturbed it inadvertently. I have never seen one make a, er, beeline for someone, ready to plunge its sting into naked flesh.

Anyway, a wasp sting is pretty harmless, akin to a pin p***k. Bee stings are much nastier.

Edited by centralparker

Guest The Phoenix
People (usually women) who beome hysterical when a solitary wasp enters a room. The only time I have ever been stung by a wasp is when I disturbed it inadvertently. I have never seen one make a, er, beeline for someone, ready to plunge its sting into naked flesh.

Anyway, a wasp sting is pretty harmless, akin to a pin p***k. Bee stings are much nastier.

I'd become hysterical if Number One Wasp entered a room that I was already in - especially if he was accompanied by his alter ego, Allowafletic.

Edited by The Phoenix

I do that.

It stems from when I was a kid and got stung loads of times on my arms. In fairness I did burn down their nest.

People (usually women) who beome hysterical when a solitary wasp enters a room.

One of my female colleagues will, upon spotting a wasp, start a mantra 'I don't like wasps, I don't like wasps', then rising from her seat will approach within 6ft, say, of the offending insect until she has attracted its attention. The mantra then increases in speed and panic as she is 'chased' around the office. Also works with bluebottles.

Edited by Millfield Marksman

My "petty thing" for today is people who insist on trying to use logical arguments when dealing with someone else's phobia(s) :rolleyes:

Edited by Ade Eyemond

Oh, and going by the racket I could hear in my bedroom at around 4am, and again at 9am, sound carries quite a bit in this tenement, when the weather's warm and the windows are open.

Put it this way, four hours, at each time, all I could hear were, "Oh yes babe", "Oh Aye", "Oh right there", "Oh I'm cumming babe", "Aye, aye aye".

Classy burd too, obviously. :lol:

Memo to self: keep windows closed when getting lucky. :ph34r:

Oh, and going by the racket I could hear in my bedroom at around 4am, and again at 9am, sound carries quite a bit in this tenement, when the weather's warm and the windows are open.

Put it this way, four hours, at each time, all I could hear were, "Oh yes babe", "Oh Aye", "Oh right there", "Oh I'm cumming babe", "Aye, aye aye".

Classy burd too, obviously. :lol:

Memo to self: keep windows closed when getting lucky. :ph34r:

You can hear the couple upstairs from my flat banging away. It honestly lasts for a matter of minutes and as a result I can't look the guy in the eyes when I see him.

I love knowing the people downstairs can hear us, and intentionally try and cause as much noise as possible :ph34r:

You can hear the couple upstairs from my flat banging away. It honestly lasts for a matter of minutes and as a result I can't look the guy in the eyes when I see him.

I love knowing the people downstairs can hear us, and intentionally try and cause as much noise as possible :ph34r:

The people in one of the houses round the corner from where I live are so loud that you can hear them when you're walking down the street past the house at any point between 7pm and 1am without fail.

This boy either had a spare dildo under his pillow, or was on the coke, because it went on for hours.

I was desperately listening today for his door closing, so I could get a swatch at the burd. :lol:

Why does nobody use landlines anymore?

A couple of my mates have just been to my door after going to see Batman and they didn't bother phoning my house asking me to come. Apparently because I didn't reply to their text they just assumed that I didn't want to go, even though they know I hardly ever use my mobile, and I actually don't even have it right now.

So I've been stuck in this overly hot house all day doing f**k all. How shite.

If in the house on my own and the phone rings, I check my mobile to see if I have any missed calls - if not, I just let the landline ring out. If it is one of my mates/relatives they always know to try my mobile first.

Otherwise, it'll be an aunt you can't be bothered making small talk with or some telemarketer.