Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The bus driver who insists on parking outside my house at 5.30 in the morning to wait on two people who don't actually need picked up until an hour later. The annoying part is that he leaves the fucking engine running from the minute he gets there.

Edited by Pedro_C

The bus driver who insists on parking outside my house at 5.30 in the morning to wait on two people who don't actually need picked up until an hour later. The annoying part is that he leaves the fucking engine running from the minute he gets there.

:(

Have you phoned the bus company? Give them a ring and get them to ask him to turn the engine off. It's not good for the environment either. Or their fuel bill. Presumably that wouldn't disturb you until he started it again? That bit can't be helped though.

Or just go outside and ask him to turn if off?

Aye, there's that. :P I was assuming, however, that if he was going to go and speak to the driver he'd have done it already instead of just whinging on here about it. If he has done it then it obviously wasn't too successful. I guess he'll know in an hour and a half's time. :rolleyes:

Edit to add a PTTGOYN: It's been three and a half hours since I last posted in the Word Association thread and it seems no-one else is playing tonight. :( Come on guys! I can't take two consecutive turns!

Edited by HGG

I seriously dislike those stupid adverts asking you to text your postcode so some nightclub rejection magnet can send you her gormless pus.

Has anyone ever actually been sad enough to text those?

I was on the train from Liverpool to Glasgow myself and was buckled (had been at an Everton game) and began texting one because I saw it in an advert near the back of a magazine.

Wouldn't ever do it when sober or as an actual way to meet girls though.

The insomnia thing folk get on here must be catching. I was still wide awake at 3am this morning, so got up and watched Strictly from Sat night.

I must have had only 2.5 hours sleep last night and surprisingly I don't feel that bad today. I was shattered last night as well after being in the garden all day. Weird! :unsure:

The insomnia thing folk get on here must be catching. I was still wide awake at 3am this morning, so got up and watched Strictly from Sat night.

I must have had only 2.5 hours sleep last night and surprisingly I don't feel that bad today. I was shattered last night as well after being in the garden all day. Weird! :unsure:

I got 2.5 hrs sleep on Friday night, then went out doing a river survey on the Saturday (must have walked at least 5 or 6 miles uphill), then 5 hours sleep on Saturday night more river surveying on Sunday (another 5 or 6 miles walking uphill) then got about 6.5 hours last night.

I somehow feel fine now, but it will probably catch up with me in the next few days though. I'm glad I got myself back into the routine of getting up early just as uni is about to start.

SPT. The trains were fecked this morning and Gilmour Street was heaving with hunners of angry commuters trying to get alternative buses/taxi's into Glasgow. My airport bus was crammed, when it usually only has 10 to 15 people on it, as a load of smart arses were going to the airport to pick up the 500 flyer service to Buchanan Street. Made me 25 minutes late for work! :angry: GRRRRRRR! <_<:(

I hate people that moan about having the cold. They have a runny nose and they sneeze but they make it sound like they are at death's door.

On a similar note, I hate people who bravely soldier on to work with a heavy cold or 'flu as they don't want to have a day's sick day, and are then oblivious to the fact that they've just caused three people to take two days off as they've coughed and sneezed all their bugs on everyone else.

On a similar note, I hate people who bravely soldier on to work with a heavy cold or 'flu as they don't want to have a day's sick day, and are then oblivious to the fact that they've just caused three people to take two days off as they've coughed and sneezed all their bugs on everyone else.

And here we have the reason that i had a cold this weekend

I hate people that moan about having the cold. They have a runny nose and they sneeze but they make it sound like they are at death's door.

*Sniff*

This thread is called "petty things that get on your nerves" as i posted the cold is petty and it does get on everyones nerves.