Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sorry to hear that as I have a cat that is 9 years, was there a reason for it or was it just old age???

Kidney failure. That's probably an age related thing actually, it seems to be a fairly common way for them to go. Lost our other cat to the same thing nearly exactly a year ago.

No symptoms appeared at all this time though so it feels more of a shock. He went off his food on saturday. Got worse on sunday and was at deaths door by mid afternoon on monday. Wasn't fair to let him keep going. He purred 'til his last breath, the big dopey bugger. :(

Kidney failure. That's probably an age related thing actually, it seems to be a fairly common way for them to go. Lost our other cat to the same thing nearly exactly a year ago.

No symptoms appeared at all this time though so it feels more of a shock. He went off his food on saturday. Got worse on sunday and was at deaths door by mid afternoon on monday. Wasn't fair to let him keep going. He purred 'til his last breath, the big dopey bugger. :(

Our cat loves her food but the scary thing at the moment is that she is sleeping in an empty box of multipack crisps.

Our other cat is wandering around the house looking for her pal. :(

It could be following in it's pal's pawprints, because it will probably give in on life, as it has nothing left in life for.

Here's hoping it doesn't happen and you have many happy years with your cat at your side.

Edited by Sideshow

Sorry to hear about your cat Reynard. Our cats have lived relatively problem free, but one of them is starting to get quite old and we're always looking out in case he gets ill. We must have had him for about 13-14 years now and we've maybe had to take him to the vets for illness twice.

The main problem with him is his fur is so damned thick that he gets fur balls stuck in his coat.

Sorry to hear about your cat Reynard. Our cats have lived relatively problem free, but one of them is starting to get quite old and we're always looking out in case he gets ill. We must have had him for about 13-14 years now and we've maybe had to take him to the vets for illness twice.

The main problem with him is his fur is so damned thick that he gets fur balls stuck in his coat.

Fur balls! I'll miss wandering down in the morning and stepping barefoot on a still steaming heap of manky furball. :lol:

Fur balls! I'll miss wandering down in the morning and stepping barefoot on a still steaming heap of manky furball. :lol:

Not as bad as the other cat. She's puked up about 50% of all the food she's ever consumed. She's about 9 years old and is barely bigger than a kitten but that aside is absolutely fine!

Not as bad as the other cat. She's puked up about 50% of all the food she's ever consumed. She's about 9 years old and is barely bigger than a kitten but that aside is absolutely fine!

As I said earlier my cat is 9 years and she looks like a kitten as well.

post-9328-1222816139_thumb.jpg

Exburerant,

I hope you chased the 13-14 year one off your denims because I know mine has a ponchant for them.

:lol:

he just sits about all day in a very stately manner. it's the other one who's the troublemaker. always trying to break into the hamster cages!

Three weeks Detached Duty with my Revenue & Customs chums and they STILL haven't got me onto their computer system. :angry:

Honestly, with only 30 minutes computer access a day to clear my Immigration emails and take a swatch at P&B I'm having serious withdrawl problems. <_<

A brief bit of joshing with Ric and an insult or two thrown at Larsson and that's it. <_<:(

'Bye until tomorrow! :rolleyes: