Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I was in the chipshop,and in walks a woma with a gray and white beard! :blink: I'm talking a lot of hair on her chin and under her chin. Do these people not look in the mirror before they go out. :green

I now have an image of the housebound Glaswegian woman on "The Secret Millionaire" who had more facial hair than a member of ZZ Top and who's flat stunk of pish.

Thanks.

:P

Seen a group of around 100-150 people protesting about the Greek situation whilst I was in Edinburgh today. Around 10-15 police officers were there to keep them in check rather than preventing some proper crime.

f**k off you sad c***s, like you're pathetic wee protest will achieve anything.

Seen a group of around 100-150 people protesting about the Greek situation whilst I was in Edinburgh today. Around 10-15 police officers were there to keep them in check rather than preventing some proper crime.

f**k off you sad c***s, like you're pathetic wee protest will achieve anything.

It'll acheive as mush as your Conservative vote in Fife or my SNP vote in Glasgow. Both of which, by the way, will require a police prescence at the polls.

Are you or I sad c***s for exercising our democratic right as well?

It'll acheive as mush as your Conservative vote in Fife or my SNP vote in Glasgow. Both of which, by the way, will require a police prescence at the polls.

Are you or I sad c***s for exercising our democratic right as well?

Why bother protesting about events in a foreign country? If they cared that much, how about they go to Greece and protest about it.

And no, I fail to see what an election has to do with protesting about events abroad. On the other hand, you might just find you're SNP vote might achieve something given the state Labour have left us in.

Edited by Michael W

I wish everyone had your thought,I am working tonight and it is very quiet :( Mind you i am getting paid to drink juice and be on here :lol:

Wish it was busier as i am off tomorrow night and going out for a beer or 20 ;)

Are you?! Lucky...

Why bother protesting about events in a foreign country? If they cared that much, how about they go to Greece and protest about it.

And no, I fail to see what an election has to do with protestingabout events abroad. On the other hand, you might just find you're SNP vote might achieve something given the state Labour have left us in.

The idea is the "drip drip" effect, I'm sure. Plenty of people outwith the USA protested again the Vietnam War, for example.

The fact the events in question are taking place abroad is irrelevant. I'm guessing that the either outside the Greek Consulate, or was intended to head in that direction. As a means of protesting against their government, that's entirely appropriate, as far as I'm concerned.

I suspect that the protest will have no effect on the Greek government, just as my SNP vote in the Glasgow South constituency will have little effect on the destination of that seat. That's why I drew that comparison.

The idea is the "drip drip" effect, I'm sure. Plenty of people outwith the USA protested again the Vietnam War, for example.

The fact the events in question are taking place abroad is irrelevant. I'm guessing that the either outside the Greek Consulate, or was intended to head in that direction. As a means of protesting against their government, that's entirely appropriate, as far as I'm concerned.

I suspect that the protest will have no effect on the Greek government, just as my SNP vote in the Glasgow South constituency will have little effect on the destination of that seat. That's why I drew that comparison.

Fair enough, I just see no point in it at all, thats all.

I've no idea where the Greek Consulate is, but they walked down the bridges then stood outside opposite The Balmoral.

I'm going to be in my bed by 8pm tonight I reckon. Absolutely exhausted.
I'm the same! Hmm decisions decisions........

I just decided. Phoned a decent Indian place I'd forgotten about on the other side of town. Asked if they deliver to my area to be told in a friendly manner "of course we do!". The nice man also helped me with my indecisiveness over what to order and then told me in typical Rochdale fashion that I was being greedy. :lol: