Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I actually went looking for some curry sauce last week! You know, those wee jars with the sauce that you just need to add meat and veg to? I looked through multiple supermarkets...the french don't do curry! Those wee jars don't appear to be sold.

If I want a curry, I would have to make it from complete scratch. Its on my list for when I get home (providing I manage it alive)......a nice curry, a bottle of Irn Bru, a munchy box, a proper fucking kebab and a cup of Scottish Blend tea! Basically, I am going to put on about 3 more stone in my first week back. :ph34r:

France sounds shite. I couldn't handle not being able to get a decent curry for my dinner at least once a week.

:o

No curry? I'd be fecked.

Beans on toast? (it's my other speciality... :( )

No fucking munchy box?

No wonder the French are rioting for the removal of Sarkozy. <_<

Aye, no curry. As I said, I was talking to the Pakistani guy in my office, and he said that after 3 years here, he still hasnt got used to how bland and dull the food is here. I live on curries, fajitas, stir fries, pasta etc. at home. Just about everything I make has a chopped chilli or two in it. Bland, bland, bland, bland food! Due to the lack of cooking facilities, and the fact that I eat my main meal at lunchtime (university canteen), I live off bread, ham and super noodles at nights.

I did explain the concept of the munchy box to the guys in the office, reactions ranged from fear to lust! :lol:

What is a nag though, is that I bought a big bag of crisps earlier on, just picked some at random, after all, crisps are crisps. They were so foul I ran the ingredients through google translate. Mussel flavoured crisps? Fucking mussel flavoured? What is wrong with these people?

I did explain the concept of the munchy box to the guys in the office, reactions ranged from fear to lust! :lol:

I love meeting people who've never heard of a munchy box (I lead a very mundane life) - it's fantastic watching the reactions of people when you explain the concept to them.

The best munchy boxes come with the soggy crap salad in a little extra bag, making it easier for you to discard it so you can get stuck into your assorted unknown-origin meat treats.

If I want a curry, I would have to make it from complete scratch. Its on my list for when I get home (providing I manage it alive)......a nice curry, a bottle of Irn Bru, a munchy box, a proper fucking kebab and a cup of Scottish Blend tea! Basically, I am going to put on about 3 more stone in my first week back. :ph34r:

Why don't you make a curry from scratch then? It really isn't that difficult. I think recipes for it were posted in a thread somewhere here a while back?

What's a munchy box?

No fucking munchy box?

Again...?

F'kin wean still hasnae popped oot the wife. :angry:

It must be a girl, the only excuse for such tardiness.

When was the due date? I assume you've passed it already?

What is a nag though, is that I bought a big bag of crisps earlier on, just picked some at random, after all, crisps are crisps. They were so foul I ran the ingredients through google translate. Mussel flavoured crisps? Fucking mussel flavoured? What is wrong with these people?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, no curry. As I said, I was talking to the Pakistani guy in my office, and he said that after 3 years here, he still hasnt got used to how bland and dull the food is here. I live on curries, fajitas, stir fries, pasta etc. at home. Just about everything I make has a chopped chilli or two in it. Bland, bland, bland, bland food! Due to the lack of cooking facilities, and the fact that I eat my main meal at lunchtime (university canteen), I live off bread, ham and super noodles at nights.

Oh they can't do snacks. Noooooooo.

Was in Murcia last summer, and by f**k I've never tasted such monstrosities in an after-dinner television accompaniment. :barf One of the bags we had was like trail mix for budgies. Jesus!

I think the point is you eat out in a place like Paris. I understand budget is the primary concern, but do what ayrgirl and I did in Barcelona: go to a place with only locals, no tourists, grin and make friends as best you can. Along from our hotel in Barcelona was one of very many local Barca supporters clubs, but it was very much a 'local place for local people'. I persuaded the mrs. to venture in, and by f**k I'm glad we did!

Three plates of tapas and six Estrella Damms later the waiter presented us with a bill of 11 Euros. I looked at it and realised he'd missed the last two beers, told him (by way of European semaphore somehow) and from that point on we were okay in there - he even said 'tank yew' in pidgin English. We went back a few times because it was unbelievably tasty and cheap, and they were ace with us. :D

Mussel flavoured crisps sound horrible. Thats one thing i hate about Sweden, they literally have 2 flavours of crisps.

Garlic & Sour Cream

Both are Crap, although recently they brought out "British Salt & Vinegar" but they are piss poor.

I do miss a good bag of smokey bacon or prawn cocktail.

I love meeting people who've never heard of a munchy box (I lead a very mundane life)
What's a munchy box?

Yey!!

Basically, a Munchy Box is a special meal offered by a particular brand of Scottish Indian takeaways/Kebab shops.

It's a pizza box, stuffed with a variety of Indian treats. It varies from place to place, but it'll generally contain various kinds of pakora, a portion of chips, couple of onion bhajis, a samosa or two, a sizeable portion of donner meat, and the token salad, usually in a bag. The box is also usually accompanied by a can of Irn-Bru and a tub of spicy sauce.

Heeeeeeeeeeeaven!

Edited by Dunc

I think the point is you eat out in a place like Paris. I understand budget is the primary concern, but do what ayrgirl and I did in Barcelona: go to a place with only locals, no tourists, grin and make friends as best you can. Along from our hotel in Barcelona was one of very many local Barca supporters clubs, but it was very much a 'local place for local people'. I persuaded the mrs. to venture in, and by f**k I'm glad we did!

I've got a great bunch of guys and gals I eat with for lunch. Its great, for 3 Euros you get a 3 course meal, with a huge choice of things to pick from! So I eat my main meal there now as its good value and is with company. On my own though, I have a chronic fear of entering restaurants or pubs alone, so I prefer to eat a light meal of a bit of bread. Its properly local as rather than going to "authentic french" places, Im bascially eating what the French eat...which oddly enough, is pizza more often than not!

Fecking starving now. I realise that you're in a completely different country, but my local Indian isn't open for another 16 hours sad.gif

At least you have a local indian!

Edited by xbl