Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Can anyone enlighten me as to why there were rolled up pairs of socks being thrown on to the pitch?

Everton are moving to another part of town where the locals apparently "steal socks". By that, I'm guessing it's not the most prosperous of areas.

That's what the Setanta commentator said anyway.

Everton are moving to another part of town where the locals apparently "steal socks". By that, I'm guessing it's not the most prosperous of areas.

That's what the Setanta commentator said anyway.

Cheers pal. ;)

I saw a bottle of water getting chucked on too. Me and my pal Scotty were speculating about why they were throwing their socks on and came to the crappy stereotype that the Scousers didn't have any coins to throw so they thought they would throw the next cheapest item they had on them.

It got the arse well and truly kicked out of it when we anticipated an actual fan being thrown on to the pitch just like Jazz gets thrown out of the door by Uncle Phil in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I watched it online at itv.com, I don't have Sky or Setanta, and it wasn't on STV. Dunno if the advert thing happened online, cos I was in the bog at the time!

It did happen online - me and 3 of my flatmates were screaming at the computer screen then it came back and the Everton players were celebrating :lol:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why there were rolled up pairs of socks being thrown on to the pitch?

I heard it was because the fans will steal socks off lines in the area of the new ground, to use to put over their hands so no prints will be left at the scene of the crime.So to speak.

I wouldn't worry about it - ITV1 lost the plot and the adverts came on - even if you were watching, you'd have missed the goal. :angry:

Unless you were watching on Setanta, of course. :)

It was on the ITV audio channel last night to. Put it on to ITV at 10pm,and there was no news on,as the football was still on.

Ouch, keeping you on tenderhooks?

Yeah, just annoying due to the fact sort of get yourself all ready for it then its called off. Fair enough today I understand why, but the past 2 times have been fine. Bloody DSA <_<

Played sevens tonight and was just absolutely fucking shite. I honestly didn't get one pass right, couldn't do anything. Utterly embarrassing. I might just pack it in, just depressing knowing how shite you've played and that you haven't done anything right.

Might go back next week and break some cunts leg though.

Fife council. Me and me fiancee have been commuting between kirkcaldy and musselburgh for the last 2 years, and just under a year ago we put our name on the housing list for kirkcaldy, and today i read an article in the local press claiming that over 100 council properties in kirkcaldy are lying empty as no-one wants them because they "dont like the area" <_< surely folk like myself who just want a place of their own regardless of the area should be bumped a bit higher up the list now?