Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

can't possibly at this time of night dredge up an example of any significance but, i'm sure crickets would be capable of parthanogenesis, not mitosis as you suggested -which is related to cell division- though since you probably meant meiosis (e.g. sex cell division) it was a fair stab.

though if it is partho then its probably not just 2.......

:geek

For some strange reason the Cane Toad introduction to Australia somehow contrived to spring into my mind when I read that.

what a fantastic reference.

where was it they introduced cats though and caused extinction events nearly.

Biological control is one of those things that you shouldnt meddle with what you can't model.

Are they any good? I might try them. :D

Aye, they're fantastic. Tastes just like Onion Bhajis.

XBLs not looking now: they're not that great TBH, you get the slight onion bhaji taste as you shovel them down your gullet, but like most crispy snack type things, the taste is a bit thin and short term. Stick to real onion bhajis - you can get them from your local Indian, or even down the local supermarket for el cheapo brand bhaji goodness (well, as long as you're not in France you can)

XBLs not looking now: they're not that great TBH, you get the slight onion bhaji taste as you shovel them down your gullet, but like most crispy snack type things, the taste is a bit thin and short term. Stick to real onion bhajis - you can get them from your local Indian, or even down the local supermarket for el cheapo brand bhaji goodness (well, as long as you're not in France you can)

:lol: Yeah I prefer the real thing myself. I hate the taste of most "Flavoured" crisps,like you said they don't hold their taste of what they are meant to be.

XBLs not looking now:

Hah! Those crisps are still disgusting me a few days later. Theyve even managed the impossible, and put me off crisps. Fucking mussel crisps.

Anyway, my nag, facebook scrabble. I've recently been bullied into joining, and my flatmate started a game of scrabbles. Of course, we always played scrabble with real words at home. I was unprepared for her to start with "Teazles", as opposed to the sensible British version, but no, according to the rules, its in.

In subsequent turns, she followed up with such classics as "fe" and "oe" as part of her words. I mean, for fucks sake? Oe? What does that even mean? I looked it up in the apparent "Official Scrabble Dictionary", and OE is NZ Informal for Overseas Experience. So abbreviations are allowed in Scrabble now? And Fe? Since when did elements from the periodic table count?

There then followed some argy bargy over msn and some exchanging of links...but it turns out that you are allowed a number of 2 letter words in scrabble. No rhyme or reason, just a load of arbitary words. So I tried to play Xe....after all, if Fe counts, then surely Xe counts? No. What a stupid fucking game! We used to play scrabble a lot, but only for words that appear in the dictionary, we didnt play that if you slapped together two random letters then you could have it.

I may have sulked, but fucking hell, since when were pretend words part of scrabble? I proposed that I concede the game and we start again, since I have to adjust my mentality to imaginary words, but no, she won't have that. For the last two turns I have done nothing but replace all my letters. Its a stupid fucking game anyway.

Its actually really annoyed me. What the f**k is it with those arbitary 2 letter words? :angry:

Hah! Those crisps are still disgusting me a few days later. Theyve even managed the impossible, and put me off crisps. Fucking mussel crisps.

Anyway, my nag, facebook scrabble. I've recently been bullied into joining, and my flatmate started a game of scrabbles. Of course, we always played scrabble with real words at home. I was unprepared for her to start with "Teazles", as opposed to the sensible British version, but no, according to the rules, its in.

In subsequent turns, she followed up with such classics as "fe" and "oe" as part of her words. I mean, for fucks sake? Oe? What does that even mean? I looked it up in the apparent "Official Scrabble Dictionary", and OE is NZ Informal for Overseas Experience. So abbreviations are allowed in Scrabble now? And Fe? Since when did elements from the periodic table count?

There then followed some argy bargy over msn and some exchanging of links...but it turns out that you are allowed a number of 2 letter words in scrabble. No rhyme or reason, just a load of arbitary words. So I tried to play Xe....after all, if Fe counts, then surely Xe counts? No. What a stupid fucking game! We used to play scrabble a lot, but only for words that appear in the dictionary, we didnt play that if you slapped together two random letters then you could have it.

I may have sulked, but fucking hell, since when were pretend words part of scrabble? I proposed that I concede the game and we start again, since I have to adjust my mentality to imaginary words, but no, she won't have that. For the last two turns I have done nothing but replace all my letters. Its a stupid fucking game anyway.

Its actually really annoyed me. What the f**k is it with those arbitary 2 letter words? :angry:

Hit back with some killer words

and yet still I have lost many a time.