Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't know about you but I usually associate 'Boy Racers' with the Chav community. I don't think a Quiksilver car is really going to take their fancy unless they're the type that take their exploits to the coasts of Australia in the winter months.

That was what I was looking for when I came across this car. For £1500 it was pretty hard not to take considering the finish it has compared to the majority of other cars on the market for the same price. My sister has a 1.2 Corsa and she paid a good £700 more for it than I did for my car. My insurance is well over a grand more than hers though - which is daylight robbery !

The stereotypical boy racer car is an underpower-engined "hot hatch" with a bodykit and alloy wheels on it.

I can't think of many cars that suit a boy racer more than a 106 Quicksilver.

Aye, £1200 a year. That's as the named, main driver on my mums insurance.

I had the choice of going on my sisters but I decided that I wasn't going to put her no claims under any risk. I think that might benefit me in the future though.

I had the choice of going on my sisters but I decided that I wasn't going to put her no claims under any risk. I think that might benefit me in the future though.

Yeah, it will. It means that if you don't have any claims this year, you're insurance next year will be much less. I won't have this kind of cash for when i'll need it, but will next year.

Out of interest, i searched how much it would be for me to insure a Quiksilver edition, and it was about £1,150. The picutre of the car that you posted HAS been 'sorted' by the way. The body kit is different, as are the mirrors and wheels.

Here's the one i searched: Quiksilver Edition

Granted, those wheels are different from the standard ones, this is a standard version: 28mai20079ju0.jpg

As you can see, different front end, mirrors and wheels.

Out of interest, i searched how much it would be for me to insure a Quiksilver edition, and it was about £1,150. The picutre of the car that you posted HAS been 'sorted' by the way. The body kit is different, as are the mirrors and wheels.

Here's the one i searched:

Granted, those wheels are different from the standard ones, this is a standard version:

As you can see, different front end, mirrors and wheels.

Thats the one, I just used the first image I could find.

It all depends on condition, granted my car was made in 02 or 03. My car also has a £250 sound system (:ph34r:). It's also in far better nick than most other Quiksilver Editions cutting about at the moment - most have been used to death in recent years seeing as that sort of car is a good 'run around' for folk.

Edited by BluebirdTon

There's no doubt it's an aftermarket bodykit, and it's a Peugeot.

Emjoy it while you can Bluebird, but put aside money as soon as you get the car for the inevitable constant repairs. ;)

Its not a standard Peugeot 106. And, aye, i'm well aware of that - as are most people with a car. ;)

I've been writing a presentation all day, which will probably take me right up to midnight to fully complete. This was a PTTGOYN already, but I found out a couple of hours ago that I have to make a website for an assignment by tomorrow, and not next wednesday as previously though.

I have absolutely no website making packages available to me, and uif there are any, I have no idea how to use them so it appears as if I'm going to have to just use a template website and f**k about with HTML code that i know nothing about

If i didn't PMSL I'd cry

I've been writing a presentation all day, which will probably take me right up to midnight to fully complete. This was a PTTGOYN already, but I found out a couple of hours ago that I have to make a website for an assignment by tomorrow, and not next wednesday as previously though.

I have absolutely no website making packages available to me, and uif there are any, I have no idea how to use them so it appears as if I'm going to have to just use a template website and f**k about with HTML code that i know nothing about

If i didn't PMSL I'd cry

Do you have access to Frontpage at all? I've made a couple of rudimentary websites using that and it codes everything for you.

If you know anyone with a Mac, they come with iWeb as standard - might be worth a try (it's quite simple to use).

Does Yahoo still have Geocities? Perhaps you could use that? I made a really simple website for a football club at uni with it.