Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Last night in Morrison's, my mate was buying 20 cans of Strongbow and 24 cans of Carling for his party tomorrow night, and I was helping him carry them to the till.

He's only 18, so he whaps out his Driver's License for his ID. Cue the lassie behind the till asking me for ID aswell. I was absolutely baffled by this, and when I asked why I needed ID for him to buy it, she claimed that he MIGHT be buying it for me. What an absolutely crock of shit.

The point I made to her supervisor, when she eventually came over, was that what if a lad of 15 or 16 is in with his Dad, and his Dad wants to buy beer, is that not allowed cause he also MIGHT be buying it for his son?

We went straight up to ASDA, bought exactly the same for £3 more, no questions asked.

Last night in Morrison's, my mate was buying 20 cans of Strongbow and 24 cans of Carling for his party tomorrow night, and I was helping him carry them to the till.

He's only 18, so he whaps out his Driver's License for his ID. Cue the lassie behind the till asking me for ID aswell. I was absolutely baffled by this, and when I asked why I needed ID for him to buy it, she claimed that he MIGHT be buying it for me. What an absolutely crock of shit.

The point I made to her supervisor, when she eventually came over, was that what if a lad of 15 or 16 is in with his Dad, and his Dad wants to buy beer, is that not allowed cause he also MIGHT be buying it for his son?

We went straight up to ASDA, bought exactly the same for £3 more, no questions asked.

How stupid. They do have trolly's in the supermarlets,you know. :rolleyes:

How stupid. They do have trolly's in the supermarlets,you know. :rolleyes:

But we are men! If we just want beer, we walk into shop, grab crates of beer, walk to checkout,put beer down. All in a manly way. We've all done it at some point. Of course, if something else interesting catches your eye, then you have a struggle, but that doesn't matter, for we are men!

I have done this gig in a former life and she is technically right and one could commend her for her vigilance in under age enforcement.......but, she probably doesn't like your face. :lol:

It does beg the question though -if he was buying it for you why on earth would you accompany him? :huh:

She was quite correct to do that, you do realise that?

The Morrison's story reminds me of a wee incident in the Tuttie's Neuk at Gayfield a few years back.

Having been refused service on accound of being shitfaced, I truned round, informed my mate of the situation then handed him money to buy the round.

My mate then ordered two pints from the very same barmaid, who saw right though our cunning plan and refused to serve him.

:lol:

But we are men! If we just want beer, we walk into shop, grab crates of beer, walk to checkout,put beer down. All in a manly way. We've all done it at some point. Of course, if something else interesting catches your eye, then you have a struggle, but that doesn't matter, for we are men!

So you would rather struggle with the beer than put them into a trolly or a basket....Whatever floats your boat. :P

They were on offer, so they were right in front of the checkout.

There were two of you. You work it out. :P

The good quality, proper Indian restaurant/takeaway in Dalgety Bay has shut down, while the shitey kebabhouse is still carrying on pushing out shite food to drunk folk, paying its illegal workers a pittance.

There's just no justice.

Not that I'm going to stop going mad in the other one when I'm pished. Mmm Munchybox!

The Morrison's story reminds me of a wee incident in the Tuttie's Neuk at Gayfield a few years back.

Having been refused service on accound of being shitfaced, I truned round, informed my mate of the situation then handed him money to buy the round.

My mate then ordered two pints from the very same barmaid, who saw right though our cunning plan and refused to serve him.

:lol:

Damn that rum !