Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

They're *really* reluctant to remove them now, for some reason.

Yep.

One of my mates is forever getting it, but he's still not had them taken out. They keep giving him antibiotics for them and telling him if it happens again they'll take them out. Repeat cycle next time etc.

Two people i know are getting them removed in the next few months so they can't be that reluctant.

I'm talking in comparison to 20 years ago here. First sign of tonsillitis then and they'd whip them out (tonsils lads, don't panic!). Now they just don't do it. The people you know must have exceptional circumstances. My bro has had it about 15 times and they're still refusing.

I'm talking in comparison to 20 years ago here. First sign of tonsillitis then and they'd whip them out (tonsils lads, don't panic!). Now they just don't do it. The people you know must have exceptional circumstances. My bro has had it about 15 times and they're still refusing.

I know one of them literally gets rid of it and then 2 days later has it again. I have had it about 15 times aswell, you eventually get use to it <_<

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

My buddy and I were chatting about films over a pint a few nights ago and he mentioned a special extended version of one of my favourite films that he had.

Last night he unexpectedly dropped into the howff and lent me it, as he's off to Amsterdam to see us mangle the Dutch and wouldn't see me for about a week. Of course I was really pleased and wanting to see the previously unseen excerpts but there was a caveat. It's produced in a 'Region 1' format but 'most decent DVD players should cope'. The film is:

post-1053-1238054024_thumb.jpg

and the previously unseen scenes are highlighted in orange:

post-1053-1238054128_thumb.jpg

So I put it in my Technika DVD player that the ex bought before she ran off with the kids and the good stuff and guess what? Yep, it came up with 'WRONG REGION' and couldn't play it.

Honestly, even when something good happens fate comes up and prods your privates with a red hot poker. :angry:<_<:(

My buddy and I were chatting about films over a pint a few nights ago and he mentioned a special extended version of one of my favourite films that he had.

Last night he unexpectedly dropped into the howff and lent me it, as he's off to Amsterdam to see us mangle the Dutch and wouldn't see me for about a week. Of course I was really pleased and wanting to see the previously unseen excerpts but there was a caveat. It's produced in a 'Region 1' format but 'most decent DVD players should cope'. The film is:

So I put it in my Technika DVD player that the ex bought before she ran off with the kids and the good stuff and guess what? Yep, it came up with 'WRONG REGION' and couldn't play it.

Honestly, even when something good happens fate comes up and prods your privates with a red hot poker. :angry:<_<:(

The cheapy dvd players you can get in Asda and Tesco and such like for about £15 normally all play multi regions.

Most (all?) doovdee players can be jiggery-pokeried to make them multi-region, if you tell us the exact model we might be able to find something online.

If you're gonna fucking market something as having Red Onion in it put fucking Red Onion in it not fucking White Onion rfor the third day in a row. I'm happy to provide a wee bit of leeway with the first couple of times but it's seriously pissed me off this morning. Fucking incompetent arseholes,

If it's not Red don't claim it's red. Idiots!

The cheapy dvd players you can get in Asda and Tesco and such like for about £15 normally all play multi regions.
Most (all?) doovdee players can be jiggery-pokeried to make them multi-region, if you tell us the exact model we might be able to find something online.

Cheers guys. It's a Technika make but I can't remember the model. I'll give it another look tonight and make a note.

I do know I also bought this...

post-1053-1238063300.jpg

....to put it on, when I can be arsed to wire the new TV up! NB Please don't let Frank Booth see this - he'll pish himself laughing at my ineptitude as it was him who persuaded me to upgrade my TV and lent me the DVD! :ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

Edit: Because I'm so technically crap I didn't get the 'bold' tags posted properly! :rolleyes::(

Edited by Kilt

Follow my simple programme to ratchet up pressure on yourself...

1. Your big presentation is Thursday afternoon, so you plan to write it on Wednesday

2. You realise said presentation isn't so good, so you rewrite it Wed evening

3. You don't finish it and vow to do it Thursday during the day

4. You go out to the conference social dinner for some food and a couple drinks

5. It has a free bar. Take advantage of this bar, the wine is free...

6. Apparently go to other bars and make a cnut of yourself

7. Wake up late the next day, still in your clothes, and with no memory of steps 5 & 6.

8. Make sure drink enough so that you lose your voice and have a pounding hangover.

Help. :(

1. Your big presentation is Thursday afternoon, so you plan to write it on Wednesday

7. Wake up late the next day, still in your clothes, and with no memory of steps 5 & 6.

8. Make sure drink enough so that you lose your voice and have a pounding hangover.

The only option is to mime your presentation xbl. Good luck bud.

Present it throguh the medium of dance.

Or, don't tell them it's booze related and claim that you have just lost your voice.

Have a couple of "eye-openers" © Homer Simpson and you'll be fine.

Guest The Phoenix

Don't take this the wrong way because it's meant to be as blunt as it sounds.

If you were working for me, I'd sack you for gross incompetence.

I've no sympathy because you are 100% responsible for the mess you find yourself in.

Time to grow up and separate the fantasy world of P&B from the harsh reality of gaining respect in the real world.