Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

So what is it that you do that is so stressful?

I'm going to make two points.

My first is that this bloke was actually trying to stress he'd "had the worst month" ever when, in relative terms, he really hasn't. Okay, There may be things I don't know about but knowing the blokes girlfriend very well, she would have no doubt said if anything was going on.

Last may, my mum was suffering from cancer, my dad lost his job and I was suffering from depression and frequently going out on the peeve trying to move my problems away and as a result my education was suffering. I'd say what I've had wasn't even near the worst month ever, but in comparison to his I'd say I've got a right to have a wee rant about someone moaning about their life due to two essays and a small disagreement with his girl.

Secondly, I have to say I completely agree with you. Claiming you've had the worst month ever is a bit simply quite silly because, the chances are there is someone with it so much worse in the world be it in Britain or elsewhere in the world (where people don't have the same life chances as here).

Secondly, I have to say I completely agree with you. Claiming you've had the worst month ever is a bit simply quite silly because, the chances are there is someone with it so much worse in the world be it in Britain or elsewhere in the world (where people don't have the same life chances as here).

Im not going to engage in "worst month ever" trumps, as there will always be someone having it worse, but I guess what I was really wanting to say was that stuff like this is relative. So some people will have had an awful awful time of things, whereas others will have had a bit more of an easy ride. So it could well be that that WAS his worst month ever. Oh, and another thing, it always seems to be the little things that get people down.

For example, when I was 18, I realised that my passport was missing the day before I was due to fly home from Sri Lanka, and I couldn't get it back in time, leaving me trapped in Sri Lanka with expired insurance, no flight home, no money, and nowhere to stay. That was interesting. However, on the other side of the coin, I found the scenario like you described (essays, argument with gf) to be far more stressful than living on crisps for 2 weeks, and staying in a Bishops house, working for lodging, while I waited for my family to wire me a few quid. I can deal with big stuff like that. Little stuff sends me to fucking pieces.

Edited to add, that sounds a little more confrontational than I intended. Sorry. Basically, Im just saying that stuff like this is all relative. Plus its just a turn of phrase!

Edited by xbl

Not being able to access this...

A Really Good Gig For Oldies Like Me!

...just because my works PC hasnae got an Adobe Flash Player 9, or some such bollox, gizmo.

Clicky the link, access the main site (it's free! :D ) and enjoy all you 40+ flower power people! :)

Peace and love. B)

Queue monitoring today - bugger! :angry:<_<

Edit: :unsure: Wasn't as bad as I thought. There was only 55 on the Amsterdam and the next flight, the Dubai, isn't due 'til 12:35! :ph34r:

Edited by Kilt

Queue monitoring today - bugger! :angry:<_<

Edit: :unsure: Wasn't as bad as I thought. There was only 55 on the Amsterdam and the next flight, the Dubai, isn't due 'til 12:35! :ph34r:

ah I see you edited, drat. I was going to say other than standing there going 1,2,3,4,.......55 with a clicker and noting it down, what does that involve. (clearly there was more to it, but monitoring is not as cool a word as surveillance.

ah I see you edited, drat. I was going to say other than standing there going 1,2,3,4,.......55 with a clicker and noting it down, what does that involve. (clearly there was more to it, but monitoring is not as cool a word as surveillance.

It's not even as exciting as that. It goes as follows:

We have seven control desks, two for EEA passengers and five for non-EEA passengers.

When a flight or flights arrive and passengers begin to build up a queue I clock the most recognisable persons (big hat, bright shirt, etc) joining each of the queues and note the time they start queueing.

As soon as the respective passengers reach the Immigration Control Desk I note the time and record the following -

How long the passenger was queuing for

Were all passports being swiped

How many Officers were at the desks

How many desks were free

Were there and HMRC or new staff being mentored

Were there any exceptional circumstances causing delays ie: Diverts from other ports arriving at the same time as our scheduled flights, like last week's 5 flights (791 passengers) all arriving within 20 minutes of each other with only 4 IO's on duty.

There has to be a minimum of 10 measurements for each queue (EEA & non-EEA) taken each day for at least three days in a week, one of which must be a Saturday or Sunday. Then the readings are sent by email to headquarter's where standards are monitored by the Home Secretary's office. We have various customer quality standards to meet and ours, being a regional port, is no longer than 30 minutes in the EEA queue and 45 minutes in the non-EEA queue. And if there are any discrepancies or too few readings, my Regional Director will have my nadgers off!

HELLO, HELLO........are you still awake? :unsure::lol:

Time dilation.

It's really starting to bug me.

THIS IS MY PTTGOMN!

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

MY PTTGOMN IS MY BEST FRIEND! IT IS MY LIFE!

I MUST MASTER IT AS I MUST MASTER MY LIFE!

MY PTTGOMN WITHOUT ME IS USELESS! WITHOUT MY PTTGOMN I AM USELESS!

I MUST FIRE MY PTTGOMN TRUE!

I MUST SHOOT STRAIGHTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL ME!

I MUST SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE SHOOTS ME!

THIS IS MY PTTGOMN!

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

MY PTTGOMN IS MY BEST FRIEND! IT IS MY LIFE!

I MUST MASTER IT AS I MUST MASTER MY LIFE!

MY PTTGOMN WITHOUT ME IS USELESS! WITHOUT MY PTTGOMN I AM USELESS!

I MUST FIRE MY PTTGOMN TRUE!

I MUST SHOOT STRAIGHTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL ME!

I MUST SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE SHOOTS ME!

Your a tad obsessive aren't you?

It's not even as exciting as that. It goes as follows:

We have seven control desks, two for EEA passengers and five for non-EEA passengers.

When a flight or flights arrive and passengers begin to build up a queue I clock the most recognisable persons (big hat, bright shirt, etc) joining each of the queues and note the time they start queueing.

As soon as the respective passengers reach the Immigration Control Desk I note the time and record the following -

How long the passenger was queuing for

Were all passports being swiped

How many Officers were at the desks

How many desks were free

Were there and HMRC or new staff being mentored

Were there any exceptional circumstances causing delays ie: Diverts from other ports arriving at the same time as our scheduled flights, like last week's 5 flights (791 passengers) all arriving within 20 minutes of each other with only 4 IO's on duty.

There has to be a minimum of 10 measurements for each queue (EEA & non-EEA) taken each day for at least three days in a week, one of which must be a Saturday or Sunday. Then the readings are sent by email to headquarter's where standards are monitored by the Home Secretary's office. We have various customer quality standards to meet and ours, being a regional port, is no longer than 30 minutes in the EEA queue and 45 minutes in the non-EEA queue. And if there are any discrepancies or too few readings, my Regional Director will have my nadgers off!

HELLO, HELLO........are you still awake? :unsure::lol:

There is no falling asleep emoticon. :P

Guest The Phoenix
No it isn't petty. Try it with a Guide Dog or a white cane! <_<:(

If you are fully sighted what difference would it make to try it with a Guide Dog or a white cane, apart from the obvious novelty value? :unsure: